2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL's still 3rd-tier in Minnesota hockey fandom, will be until the Wild, paragons of medicority and casual interest, win a Cup, and will revert to it shortly thereafter. The only reason people think Minnesota "deserves" an outdoor game is because it's ungodly cold in the winter. Outside that, they're Raleigh with a guilt complex filling the seats.

What about the fact that the state of Minnesota pumps out the most NHL players out of any state. 39 NHL players this year alone I believe. That's also not gonna stop anytime soon. Minnesota high school hockey is unbelievable...they sell out the X for 4 days straight for the state tournament.

Minnesota high school hockey is unbelievable...they sell out the X for 4 days straight for the state tournament.

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is it fair that neither Colorado and especially Minnesota haven't held the Winter Classic: No. Does it make sense: Yes. The Winter Classic is a big made for TV deal and NBC/NHL is going to want to have the biggest draws. That means the big market teams with the big market star players. Neither Minnesota or Colorado have been any good lately, nor do they have the household names that have warranted their inclusion in the Winter Classic. Buffalo, who hosted the first one, will probably never get another, unless, say a Sidney Crosby becomes a Sabre. The same reasons probably apply to the Stadium Series. As great as Minnesota is for hockey, it doesn't help that they don't have a true rival that might help them get an outdoor game.

Is it fair that neither Colorado and especially Minnesota haven't held the Winter Classic: No. Does it make sense: Yes. The Winter Classic is a big made for TV deal and NBC/NHL is going to want to have the biggest draws. That means the big market teams with the big market star players. Neither Minnesota or Colorado have been any good lately, nor do they have the household names that have warranted their inclusion in the Winter Classic. Buffalo, who hosted the first one, will probably never get another, unless, say a Sidney Crosby becomes a Sabre. The same reasons probably apply to the Stadium Series. As great as Minnesota is for hockey, it doesn't help that they don't have a true rival that might help them get an outdoor game.

They were the talk of last season- getting Parise and Suter in the 'steals of the summer'. People instantly called them Cup favorites. I don't see them hosting the Classic, but the next two Stadium Series will (or at least should) go to Minnesota and Colorado. St. Louis should be the next host of the Classic. They're the only remaining O-18 team (other than Dallas) that hasn't been hosted or participated. Most of the others have participated twice or more.

The way I would've had it was had Washington host Tampa Bay this year (Ovechkin v Stamkos); St. Louis host Chicago next year; Minnesota hosting Dallas in the Stadium Series. Colorado hosting Los Angeles in the Stadium Series the year after.

sig.png

Minnesota high school hockey is unbelievable...they sell out the X for 4 days straight for the state tournament.

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

In what way? Because they have the best high school hockey in the country and the fact that 18,000 people want to watch high school games, which features future NHLers year in year out, makes them third tier? With a college team in the Gophers that are almost always a top 10 program. Or is it that they have 5 division 1 hockey programs in the state that make them third tier hockey fans? So the fact that Minnesota enjoys and embraces hockey at every level makes them worse fans than other cities is what you're saying? Even though they pump out tons of NHL talent, the most in the country.

They were the talk of last season- getting Parise and Suter in the 'steals of the summer'. People instantly called them Cup favorites. I don't see them hosting the Classic, but the next two Stadium Series will (or at least should) go to Minnesota and Colorado. St. Louis should be the next host of the Classic. They're the only remaining O-18 team (other than Dallas) that hasn't been hosted or participated. Most of the others have participated twice or more.

The way I would've had it was had Washington host Tampa Bay this year (Ovechkin v Stamkos); St. Louis host Chicago next year; Minnesota hosting Dallas in the Stadium Series. Colorado hosting Los Angeles in the Stadium Series the year after.

Honestly, I don't really see Parise or Suter as big stars. Good players, but not necessarily big stars like Toews, Kane, or Crosby. But yeah, they definitely should get a Stadium Series game at the very least. It'll probably would have to be against a Chicago or Pittsburgh, but it would be a shame if they never got to host an outdoor game. I actually see Dallas hosting an "outdoor" game first before any of the teams mentioned with the possibility of playing in front of over 100,000 at AT&T Stadium.

Honestly, I don't really see Parise or Suter as big stars. Good players, but not necessarily big stars like Toews, Kane, or Crosby. But yeah, they definitely should get a Stadium Series game at the very least. It'll probably would have to be against a Chicago or Pittsburgh, but it would be a shame if they never got to host an outdoor game. I actually see Dallas hosting an "outdoor" game first before any of the teams mentioned with the possibility of playing in front of over 100,000 at AT&T Stadium.

No they're not big stars, but they put the Wild in the spotlight for pretty much the whole season. A lot of experts were picking them to win the cup. So they boosted themselves exposure-wise.

sig.png

I think they're selling just one of each jersey. (Might even be an auction. I'd assume it is.) Except for the previous 3rd jersey. (If you notice on the link, each jersey just says "jersey" except for the previous 3rd/current jersey that says "jerseys"). I'll be at the store on Thursday morning (and probably Friday... and Saturday... hopefully to avoid the zoo it's going to be on Sunday... and again on Monday.)

I am, no bones about it, buying a Mighty Ducks shirsey. Probably a patch. Probably a book. Maybe a hat (I have to see them). Maybe a Finnish Flash t-shirt. Maybe a waving Teemu t-shirt. Maybe a fighting Teemu shirt. Maybe a magic 8 ball. Maybe a puck. Maybe a bobble head.

Damn it. This team/Teemu is going to make me go broke.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think they're selling just one of each jersey. (Might even be an auction. I'd assume it is.) Except for the previous 3rd jersey. (If you notice on the link, each jersey just says "jersey" except for the previous 3rd/current jersey that says "jerseys"). I'll be at the store on Thursday morning (and probably Friday... and Saturday... hopefully to avoid the zoo it's going to be on Sunday... and again on Monday.)

I am, no bones about it, buying a Mighty Ducks shirsey. Probably a patch. Probably a book. Maybe a hat (I have to see them). Maybe a Finnish Flash t-shirt. Maybe a waving Teemu t-shirt. Maybe a fighting Teemu shirt. Maybe a magic 8 ball. Maybe a puck. Maybe a bobble head.

While your shopping, pick me up an authentic Wild Wing with Selanne on the back, an authentic eggplant Mighty Ducks Kariya jersey, an Orange authentic Stadium Series jersey with Getzlaf, a current authentic road Getzlaf jersey and a Mighty Ducks Jade third jersey, as in the one after WildWing that's jade as well with Kariya on the back. A game worn Ducks jersey would be nice too. All the jerseys must be medium sized, they won't fit me unless they're mediums. If the game worn jersey is too big, don't worry about it, I will get my granny to put it into a very nice frame. Thanks in advance!!!!!!! P.S., just in case you think I'm being completely serious, I'm just joking but, I would be very happy if this actually happened. hahaha

Another one. Nic Petan, thin number at the top of the 9, thick number at the bottom. https://twitter.com/bauerhockey/status/552464870059569154

How dare you mock Nike's innovations. Canada won the Gold and ended their five year Gold Medal drought because their 100th Anniversary Jerseys were 0.0000048357834548375% lighter than their jerseys from last year. This is extremely serious and very disrespectful to mock such innovation. Look at my avatar, you see that jersey, it will take the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl because its innovations are even greater than what they will be getting from Nike very soon yet it will never be used because the NFL wouldn't be able to come to terms with the fact that a brilliant Wookie innovated and transformed the Cleveland Browns into Super Bowl Champions.

While your shopping, pick me up an authentic Wild Wing with Selanne on the back, an authentic eggplant Mighty Ducks Kariya jersey, an Orange authentic Stadium Series jersey with Getzlaf, a current authentic road Getzlaf jersey and a Mighty Ducks Jade third jersey, as in the one after WildWing that's jade as well with Kariya on the back. A game worn Ducks jersey would be nice too. All the jerseys must be medium sized, they won't fit me unless they're mediums. If the game worn jersey is too big, don't worry about it, I will get my granny to put it into a very nice frame. Thanks in advance!!!!!!! P.S., just in case you think I'm being completely serious, I'm just joking but, I would be very happy if this actually happened. hahaha

Well of course I'm not doing that. I wouldn't buy anything with Kariya's name on it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

New York Islanders Retro 90’s “Fisherman” Jersey Auction

The “Fisherman” jersey of the late 90’s is making a return for one night, as we celebrate 43 years of history at the Nassau Coliseum. Prior to the February 3rd Islanders game, the team will be wearing special warm-up jerseys featuring the “Fisherman” crest.

Fans will have the opportunity to walk away with a piece of Islanders history, as these warm-up jerseys will be auctioned off for charity. Fans can bid on these special warm-up jerseys starting on Friday, January 9th. All jerseys will be autographed, and the lucky winners will be able to pick them up at the February 3rd Islanders game, as each jersey also comes with two tickets to the game.

Proceeds from this auction will go directly to the Islanders Children’s Foundation. Act quickly, as this auction will run from January 9th through Tuesday, January 27th.

img-144646-f.jpgimg-144645-f.jpg

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/showPage.action?sid=1100803&pageName=profilePage&pgmode1=islanders

Archived