2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with "it's just a one-off so it's fine" is that one-offs often lead to full-time looks and trends. It's a way for Big Uniform to test a look without making a full-time commitment for a team.

I hope this isn't the beginning of some teams thinking it's okay to wear white hockey pants. Because it is not okay and will never be okay.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think Reebok is using this as a trial balloon for white pants. I think it's all about Reebok drawing attention to Reebok.

"What the hell are the Kings wearing?"

"Well, they're special uniforms designed by Reebok..."

The announcers are going to mention Reebok a dozen times during the game. And if no back-up punter gets arrested and ESPN has nothing better to fill time with, they'll highlight the game on Sportscenter and mention that Reebok designed those ugly uniforms the Kings are wearing.

They're outlandish and people will take notice. It's drawing Reebok attention, and teams wont mind looking like crap for one game if it gives them more money. Besides, the Kings' actual jersey isn't bad if you ignore the pants and numbers. I'm sure they'll sell a decent number of replicas.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So the crests are not even embrodied ? cheap replica look

No different from what they did last year. I hope that doing this for one-off games isn't a sign of things to come for the league as a whole. If they get rid of the chain stitching on the Blackhawks' jerseys, I will get my torch and pitchfork.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So the crests are not even embrodied ? cheap replica look

No different from what they did last year. I hope that doing this for one-off games isn't a sign of things to come for the league as a whole. If they get rid of the chain stitching on the Blackhawks' jerseys, I will get my torch and pitchfork.

I feel like this is coming, since Reebok quit its contract with the facility in Quebec that used to make all the teams' crests. I'm guessing that Indonesian labor won't be chain-stitching,

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyone else really like the "carbon fiber" finish on the crests? I wouldn't want any team to employ it full time but as one off, it looks pretty good IMO. Certainly better than the chrome treatment from last year.

I don't mind the design at all, especially on the Kings crest, but the Sharks logo looks like it has a dull sheen to it, either from the flash hitting it, or from the material. Either way, it greatly detracts from the impact of it.

2014: chrome

2015: carbon fiber

2016: holograms

2017: LEDs

2018: chrome carbon fiber holograms on the shoulders with LED corporate sponsor logos front and center -- Happy 100th, NHL!

Looking more and more like the future depicted in "Back to the Future II." By the way, when will that pizza hydrator be made for me, dammit?

hydrator.jpg

I actually think the Kings uni and white pants look fantastic. Perhaps not a great primary look but it's something different. The white parts looks crisp and clean and it's IMO far superior to their current home and road jerseys (which of course isn't saying much).

They won't look crisp and clean for long. By the end of the 1st, they'll be scuffed up from pucks and all sweat stained.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived