2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Pretty bland but then again they are warm-up jerseys. Its a pity they don't wear actual jerseys for one game. Better yet bring them back as a third jersey. I really believe these jerseys aren't as hated as some would believe and I guarantee you these will sell like hot cakes.

eco-hotcakes.jpg

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New York Islanders Retro 90’s “Fisherman” Jersey Auction

The “Fisherman” jersey of the late 90’s is making a return for one night, as we celebrate 43 years of history at the Nassau Coliseum. Prior to the February 3rd Islanders game, the team will be wearing special warm-up jerseys featuring the “Fisherman” crest.

Fans will have the opportunity to walk away with a piece of Islanders history, as these warm-up jerseys will be auctioned off for charity. Fans can bid on these special warm-up jerseys starting on Friday, January 9th. All jerseys will be autographed, and the lucky winners will be able to pick them up at the February 3rd Islanders game, as each jersey also comes with two tickets to the game.

Proceeds from this auction will go directly to the Islanders Children’s Foundation. Act quickly, as this auction will run from January 9th through Tuesday, January 27th.

img-144646-f.jpgimg-144645-f.jpg

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/showPage.action?sid=1100803&pageName=profilePage&pgmode1=islanders

I know the teaser announcement was a couple months ago...but it's such a cool idea to bring back the fisherman, and such a half-assed way of doing it. The number font doesn't look too bad when the numbers are even like that, though the 1 could use some work.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New York Islanders Retro 90’s “Fisherman” Jersey Auction

The “Fisherman” jersey of the late 90’s is making a return for one night, as we celebrate 43 years of history at the Nassau Coliseum. Prior to the February 3rd Islanders game, the team will be wearing special warm-up jerseys featuring the “Fisherman” crest.

Fans will have the opportunity to walk away with a piece of Islanders history, as these warm-up jerseys will be auctioned off for charity. Fans can bid on these special warm-up jerseys starting on Friday, January 9th. All jerseys will be autographed, and the lucky winners will be able to pick them up at the February 3rd Islanders game, as each jersey also comes with two tickets to the game.

Proceeds from this auction will go directly to the Islanders Children’s Foundation. Act quickly, as this auction will run from January 9th through Tuesday, January 27th.

img-144646-f.jpgimg-144645-f.jpg

http://auction.nhl.com/iSynApp/showPage.action?sid=1100803&pageName=profilePage&pgmode1=islanders

I know the teaser announcement was a couple months ago...but it's such a cool idea to bring back the fisherman, and such a half-assed way of doing it. The number font doesn't look too bad when the numbers are even like that, though the 1 could use some work.

You know I never noticed how the "9" is in the shape of a hook. Thats pretty cool.

The Catch of the Day!

Once again, I was hoping for something a little more Blue Jacketsy. :(

I bet you $20 one of the all-star teams wear bright green pants.

Columbus gets an all star game which would be tailor made for a red white and blue scheme. But they go a complete different way.

Honest to God, I like it. I'll probably get a black one when they go on clearance. It''s the All-Star Game, the gimmick of gimmicks. As long as there's a decent, cohesive design, get freaky on it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just noticed these jerseys have the rounded nameplates Reebok tried to make into a thing in the NFL.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree that they look like motocross jerseys sponsored by Monster Energy Drink.

Are motor sports a thing in Ohio? Because I'm under the impression that they're trying to go after the wrong target audience.

Unless you count the soap box derby...

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

St. Louis would be great...the coldest I've ever been was in St. Louis in mid-winter. Cold as :censored:.

Just for the giggles, I would love to see the Panthers host at Marlins Park. Close the roof, get it chilly in there - and just before tip off let the top down and go to town. A yellow alternate vs say the Canadians in red or Rangers / lightning in blue would look amazing.

Do it around New Years and temps could be in the 50's or 60's. It was 57 yesterday for instance.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived