2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Maybe we can bust out the Mylec nets and have the "Knee Hockey Classic" as well. Full points obviously. The Penguins vs whoever since Crosby spends most of his time flopping around anyway.

Then follow that the next season with the "Boot Hockey Classic". All the big, not so smooth skating D-men really hoping to get a bid in this one.

Then we finally get the summer game, the "Field Hockey Classic", played on the worlds finest AstroTurf.

These are clearly all possibilities to anyone who knows that NHL obviously doesn't stand for just ice hockey....duh.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really believe that a PBH style game in Cali or Florida would be alot of fun for the NHL. Whether it be on ice or as I would prefer, roller blades, would really stress how different those markets are from the traditional northern teams and showing the the communities in the south support hockey teams in a completely different way.

You want NHL players to play a game that matters on roller blades!?!?! Some players do like using roller blades; others think it messes with their stride on the ice.

You want the NHL to allow players to play in a game that matters OUTDOORS in potential hazardous weather conditions?!?! Roller blades are the least of possible ideas. PBH showed that the concept could work and if players don't want to participate, they can be healthy scratches. If I were a player and being paid millions, roller blades would be the least of my worries.

You've never played ice hockey, have you?

thecatch.jpg

I'm thinking, at least for a while, the NHL/NFL/NL/MLB is going to avoid any big planned events taking place in St. Louis

There was never even really an issue downtown throughout the whole stupid thing. Media made the whole thing WAY more worse than it needed to be. I guess that's why the cards lost the NLCS so the World Series wouldn't be here.

Sorry didn't mean to get off topic.

I do hear that the Blues are pushing hard for the Classic. The Blues Hawks game would sell out in seconds, but the Hawks should not be involved in every outdoor game.

Worcat, if I sound rude when I say this, I don't intend on doing so whatsoever. I have a couple questions for you. Do you see the NFL playing football on an ice rink or baseball in a basketball court with the pitchers throwing basketballs? Do you see Tennis Players using bowling balls instead of tennis balls? The answer is no. There are certain things that shouldn't be attempted. Your idea of roller hockey with NHL players in an NHL game just would not work and will happen on the twelfth of never. The game could be considered unfair depending on the players on each team and the NHL is strictly about Ice Hockey, not Roller Hockey and it never will be. The NHL teams are extremely sensitive about exposing their players to possible injury, just look at how the NHL and its teams reacted with their discussions with the IIHF for allowing the NHL's players to take part in the Sochi Olympics. The NHL would be even more panicky about a Roller Hockey game, especially one of actual importance. It would end up being a giant mess. I agree with you, thinking outside of the box once in a while doesn't hurt. A lot of times, it really helps keep the NHL in this instance fresh and exciting. It changes things up. In some ways, it's great. Just look at the Winter Classic, that was a great idea. How about the All-Star Draft, for a change, it hasn't been too bad either, even though I would like to see the East vs. West format return. Outside of the box thinking is only good to a certain point. Once it gets too out of the box, it crosses the line of being a possibility to reaching the point of just downright ridiculous. A charity Roller Hockey game with NHL players would be a neat idea but never in an actual NHL game, Pre or Regular Season. I hope this will put things into perspective and remember, I am trying as hard as I can to word this in a way that doesn't come across as being rude or insulting.

There seems to be alot of closed minded people on this subject. Some of you make it sound like I want NHL players to play a baseball game or something - it's not that extreme people. Maybe not as an official game, i'll go for that. Maybe a charity game would be fun for fans. You can't tell me that a game in that setting wouldn't see out in minutes and raise alot of exposure for the NHL? As many saw in the All-Star game skills challenge, players like to have fun once in awhile. Maybe not all of the players would like this game but i'm sure some of them would be open to having some fun and a change of pace. So i'll agree to disagree and settle with a scrimmage or charity game would be sufficient.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Except it is extreme. Ice skating and roller blading are different sets of skills. On Ice, you cut and slice and start and stop. On roller blades, you kind of have to keep rolling. There are the brake pads, sure, but the roller blades don't handle or allow you to do the same movements like you can on ice skates. You're asking them to break in an entirely different set of equipment and fundamentally change how they play the game.

Would you like to see the Lakers and Heat play team handball? Have the Seahawks and Patriots play rugby? Have the Cardinals and Giants play cricket? You might as well drop the blade/skate concept entirely and have them play field hockey.

As an offseason charity game? Yeah, that's where your idea holds water. As an in-season NHL game event? No way in hell.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Except it is extreme. Ice skating and roller blading are different sets of skills. On Ice, you cut and slice and start and stop. On roller blades, you kind of have to keep rolling. There are the brake pads, sure, but the roller blades don't handle or allow you to do the same movements like you can on ice skates. You're asking them to break in an entirely different set of equipment and fundamentally change how they play the game.

Would you like to see the Lakers and Heat play team handball? Have the Seahawks and Patriots play rugby? Have the Cardinals and Giants play cricket? You might as well drop the blade/skate concept entirely and have them play field hockey.

As an offseason charity game? Yeah, that's where your idea holds water. As an in-season NHL game event? No way in hell.

I don't think brakepads are on roller hockey skates. Stopping is almost the same...not as crisp on wheels, but it's the same form.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think brakepads are on roller hockey skates. Stopping is almost the same...not as crisp on wheels, but it's the same form.

I had brake pads on my rollerblades and so did most of my teammates, but the league We played in banned them (and forced us to remove them) cause they would damage the tile playing surface.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

tumblr_niw224rhjd1sb1ox5o1_500.jpg

First look at the Kings breaking in their new Legends Night geal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,r

Edited by TheLAKnight's cat

I can't wait for the Kings to wear this jersey. I saw a few fans in the crowd of yesterday's Kings/Blackhawks game and they are outstanding.

I had brake pads on my rollerblades and so did most of my teammates, but the league We played in banned them (and forced us to remove them) cause they would damage the tile playing surface.

Everything about it is way different. You can tell when an ice hockey goalie used to play roller hockey, it's fairly obvious. Totally different styles because they're not used to being able to slide. It would never work, and any injuries would be terrible for the game.

The only way I could see ANY of this being done would be a super mega volunteer charity event for the troops in Afghanistan where ice would be highly impractical.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Ok.

It was a really really stupid idea. Everyone can pretty much agree with that except for one or two so let's leave it at that. Roller hockey is a completely different sport than ice hockey.

But I'm super excited to see the Kings wear the old yellow unis. Gonna be beautiful.

Roller hockey and ice hockey are not the same thing, end of story. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the NHL to do it, so I don't know why it's being argued.

"Bump" in other words because you just reworded everything I said in the previous post.

Archived