2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the original shade of burgundy, which I've always maintained is superior. Maybe they are just using the lighter shade on the patch to tip the hat to those early years?

I agree, it's a much better shade.

I wouldn't be surprised if the designer just accidentally grabbed the wrong logo and went with the older version.

I think the team's color palette looks great without black, but they should keep the puck in the logo black because, well, pucks are black.

Mountains aren't burgandy either, there's room for liberties with how things are colored in sports logos.

Very true. The former franchise, the Nordiques, had a puck in its logo that wasn't black.

I think the team's color palette looks great without black, but they should keep the puck in the logo black because, well, pucks are black.

Mountains aren't burgandy either, there's room for liberties with how things are colored in sports logos.

Very true. The former franchise, the Nordiques, had a puck in its logo that wasn't black.

Both good points, gentlemen. I don't hate the blue puck -- the black puck is just a personal preference -- and the blue puck is actually a nice nod to the Nordiques logo...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Icethetics has confirmed that the only changes to the Avalanche uniforms are the replacement of the "Foot." The side panels, bib piping and colour bleed (blue touching burgundy on the home) will all remain untouched. If it wasn't evident from the bland uninspired anniversary logo, this is a team that clearly doesn't get it when it comes to aesthetics. The "Foot" was one of the most clever and attractive secondary logos in league history and I can't imagine its replacement being anything besides a bore.

If they give the shoulders the Calgary flag treatment, I will become the live-action version of that 10-hour Archimedes laughing loop.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Icethetics has confirmed that the only changes to the Avalanche uniforms are the replacement of the "Foot." The side panels, bib piping and colour bleed (blue touching burgundy on the home) will all remain untouched. If it wasn't evident from the bland uninspired anniversary logo, this is a team that clearly doesn't get it when it comes to aesthetics. The "Foot" was one of the most clever and attractive secondary logos in league history and I can't imagine its replacement being anything besides a bore.

This team is extremely frustrating to be a fan of, speaking strictly aesthetically.

Why they won't change their jerseys is baffling, and now why they get rid of the foot logo is confusing. It seems like they have NO grasp on good design and branding.

I will not be shocked when we see a rectangular Colorado state flag patch in all its out of place glory.

Just look at the Colorado Rapids, who is owned by the same Kroenke guys as the Avs, and their new kits. RED BLUE AND YELLOW.

From the Hockey News "Greatest Jerseys of all Time" feature...

"Three patches received a number of votes and my own personal approval for the title of best patch; Colorado, Columbus and Washington. Although Colorado was rated fourth last (shocker) in our THN.com jersey rankings this past summer, the Avalanche's Bigfoot patch was a hit among THNers. The 'Yeti Pedi' is an ingenious means of artfully representing Colorado's topography in the same vein as the team nickname."'

Couldn't have put it better myself.

e0mC0dT.jpg

Yeah it just makes too much sense to keep it. That's why they changed it up. As someone who loved the yeti foot since the beginning...what a shame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This team is extremely frustrating to be a fan of, speaking strictly aesthetically.

Why they won't change their jerseys is baffling, and now why they get rid of the foot logo is confusing. It seems like they have NO grasp on good design and branding.

I will not be shocked when we see a rectangular Colorado state flag patch in all its out of place glory.

Just look at the Colorado Rapids, who is owned by the same Kroenke guys as the Avs, and their new kits. RED BLUE AND YELLOW.

Can someone mock up an Avs jersey with the Yeti foot replaced by a Colorado state flag?

From the Hockey News "Greatest Jerseys of all Time" feature...

"Three patches received a number of votes and my own personal approval for the title of best patch; Colorado, Columbus and Washington. Although Colorado was rated fourth last (shocker) in our THN.com jersey rankings this past summer, the Avalanche's Bigfoot patch was a hit among THNers. The 'Yeti Pedi' is an ingenious means of artfully representing Colorado's topography in the same vein as the team nickname."'

Couldn't have put it better myself.

e0mC0dT.jpg

I would love the real version of the photo on the left either framed on my wall or under glass on my coffee table.

SEAsig.png

Archived