2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard on the HF boards that the Coyote's home jersey is red with black pants, and the primary logo will remain untouched on the unis although the shoulder patches will be different.

Red helmet and jersey. Black pants. New shoulder patches. More vertical side panels. Horizontal arm stripes and a possible kachina pattern.

All credit goes to the original poster at HF boards. This is his artwork based off the descriptions from a Coyote employee:

coyotes-new-uni-mockup-v2.png

Excellent concept. Really prefer if the moon logo stays as a secondary one for the shoulders or even as an alternate jersey crest logo. Or at least remain as part of the team identity.

I do like the idea of the primary logo on the red or black pants. Hearing the home uniform helmet will be black, but no confirmation of this. But I want to see the primary or moon logo on the helmets. Not a wordmark.

Hopefully there is enough of a sand color to help separate themselves with the red/black/white teams as other posters have mentioned. Worried about this looking to much like Ottawa with their away uniform.

But we shall see. This is a great start. Hoping for the best on what the Arizona Coyotes plan to reveal in just 8 days.

In a different world, and probably without the yellow, the Thrashers colors could work really well. Those jerseys were awful, though.

I don't know. I mean, it's a cool color palette, but like a lot of cool color palettes of the '90s, it wasn't built to last. Don't take this as a defense of the Tampa Bay Maple Wings, because it's not, but sometimes it's hard to rally behind difficult color schemes. Compare with the Blackhawks' red, white, and black, about as visually striking a color combination as there is, 1 and 1A with royal blue and athletic gold. But can someone bleed light blue, dark blue, dark red, yellow, a darker shade of yellow, and copper-ish bronze-ish something? It just gets to be a little much, and I say this as someone who loved Utah's purple, light blue, dark teal, copper, and black (deep inhale).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Same can be said for the decade of Canucks light blue, navy, maroon, silver and white. I loved it as a teenager, but it was never going to work for much longer than it did.

btw I quite like those Coyotes templates. They probably wouldn't look quite as good in real life, but they make a good mock-up. Looks strong, not weak and bland like their currents.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Potential 20th Anniversary patch for the Avalanche

11163439_10153646309257345_5781627298977

I wonder if the Avs are changing their typeface.

Everything on their site is changing to this look.

On the design, its not good. Its way too much for a patch. Needs to be simplified.

Potential 20th Anniversary patch for the Avalanche

11163439_10153646309257345_5781627298977

Saw it mentioned on reddit, but I thought I would reiterate:

This mark is devoid of black.

WOW! Nice spot! I looked at this a handful of times and took note of a few things (typeface, number style) but never once noticed the lack of black.

Well they did mention it was only minor alterations, right?

Maybe they're keeping the uniforms and just getting rid of the black elements. (Helmets, Pants, Outlines)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Also, the shade of burgundy is much much lighter. Not sure if its just not optimized or a signal that they are switching up the colors.

If the new patch/logo is the basis for the new colors on the jersey. Lighter burgundy and and black replaced by blue.

uUSwVeX.png

Archived