2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

The OKC Barons used an orange alt last year, and it looked fantastic. I think the Oilers were selling Alberta Oilers throwbacks in their arena shop either this season or last, too.

I loved those. They wore a couple different ones.

XNpRTve.jpg

And these are from two seasons ago (not sure if they wore them in 2014-15):

3zZugrD.jpg

United Cycle in Edmonton has been selling these for awhile:

http://www.unitedcycle.com/product/ccm-alberta-oilers-classic-jersey-15682.htm

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, the Caps got a lot of things right here, but I don't want this and the white throwback to become the primary sweaters. It just screams of a tacky 80's all star game. Tone down the stars and you have a nice uniform, but I'd much rather have the caps play in blue and black again.

While that may be true, they are still infinitely better than current primaries with the goofy side panels.

I get people get a kick out of the retro gear, but I kinda feel it's just lazy to go into the closet and grab an old jersey instead of designing something decent. The Caps new alt is okay, but it's not totally awesome, either. The old logo, well, looks old, and I think that's what putting me off about it.

An orange jersey for the Oilers would look very nice. They just need to fix the collar on all of their jerseys.

I guess I just don't quite feel the same way about those Caps jerseys as others do. I see them and feel like Gerald Ford is going to address the nation at any moment. The gaudy 70's-ness of it is just a bit too excessive and doesn't work in this day and age to me. They belong in a time capsule.

On the other hand, I'm really digging the idea of an Oilers orange alternate. If it's anything like that Barons one, it's going to look great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don't care what people say, those are great Capitals jerseys. And I prefer royal blue to navy, but I'd live with the navy. Honestly, keep everything else the same, slap either the new wordmark or the Weagle on the chest and call it a day.

just put the weagle logo on the throwback jerseys then done

Oh good, now they can wear the capilals sweater at home! The slate/copper/black Caps sweater was one of the biggest upgrades in NHL history and that wasn't even that good in and of itself; the capilals was just so bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Trying to look through all 49 pages is tough. Is this a summary of where we're at with uniform changes? Anything I missed?

Anaheim -- new orange alt?

Arizona -- new uniforms; new logo?

Buffalo -- alt dumped

Colorado -- new uniforms

Edmonton -- new orange alt?

NY Islanders -- new alt, possibly black/white for Brooklyn?

Washington -- throwback red alt replaces throwback white alt

Ahh, the awful clown suits.

This. It was just too much to expect the Capitals to not be lazy.

May I ask, why in the hell do the Caps continue to be given a pass for their crappy wordmark logos?

Midway.png

Trying to look through all 49 pages is tough. Is this a summary of where we're at with uniform changes? Anything I missed?

Buffalo -- alt dumped

Colorado -- new uniforms

Anaheim, Colorado, Edmonton and the Islanders: new alternate jersey

Arizona: new home and away uniforms

Buffalo: alternate jersey retired, only current home and away jerseys for 2015-2016

Washington: throwback away jersey as the new alternate, replaces the white one

Buffalo -- alt dumped

Colorado -- new uniforms

Edmonton won't be getting an orange alt. Colorado will have a new alt though

Ahh, the awful clown suits.

This. It was just too much to expect the Capitals to not be lazy.

May I ask, why in the hell do the Caps continue to be given a pass for their crappy wordmark logos?

That's what I've always tried to figure out, too. I thought as far as purely logos were concerned, they finally figured it out with the 90's Eagle and capital dome logos. For them to scrap that for basically a polished turd of sorts really baffled me. Dusting off the original turd to use as thier alternates this season and last has just dug thier identity hole deeper.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think making the collar blue, using the modern caps script logo and adding the eagle to the shoulders (and possibly re-configuring the stars) would have been a solid upgrade on the original jersey.

FTR... I do own a Jim Carey version of the original lol!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Buffalo -- alt dumped

Colorado -- new uniforms

Edmonton won't be getting an orange alt. Colorado will have a new alt though

Don't know if it's 100% confirmed. But if it is, it's a darn shame.

Archived