2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming the "wheat" eye on the catalogue image is just an overprint issue, as an earlier poster speculated, and that the logo was made by simply reversing the white and the green. I doubt they'd have a logo completely devoid of green so here's what I think the actual logo will look like.

vyBYdbt.png

That being said, how much better does it look without the "wheat" outline. You can actually see the animal head silhouette clearly and the river is no longer urine coloured.

HVzyR3W.png

"God I hate the Panthers. Stupid non-traditional market, can't do anything right. Move them to Nunavut!"

"God I hate the Panthers, what a stupid old redline non-design (read:traditonal). Can't they do anything right?"

Classic CCSLC.

Most people have been critical of the overly cutesy red lines and no one has said a thing about Nunavut but you. wah wah

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While we're on the topic of center ices, I know it's doubtful they'd ever go back to this, but man I wanna see the Leafs bring this back for their centennial season or something

TOR%2B1994.png

Yes. That's the best centre ice design they've ever had.

A bunch of teams once had logos facing the goals.. any reason why?

No idea. The ones I really did not like were the logos outside of the circle. When I first started school at Wisconsin, they had skating Bucky between the circle and the blue lines and an empty circle.

(Maybe the "facing the goals" logos were a nod to the people on the end seats?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is the Avalanche center ice design for this season:

CNvjBGOU8AAh8Y0.jpg

Not sure if they are omitting the "Pepsi Center" text because they added Pepsi Logos before and after "Anniversary"

VMOEtw8.png

Also according to that diagram, they are replacing the diamond pattern with the rectangular pattern.

Something must have changed from when they printed up the diagram to when they began painting. Still looks to be the diamond pattern.

(From a different angle)

11230099_10153825721912345_6843670411988

Darn...

I really don't like the diamond pattern at all. I much preferred the rectangles.

And I find it very odd the Colorado Avalanche will not have their logo on their home ice at all.

I like the one big logo as opposed to two smaller ones. It just looks so much cooler and impressive.

I do too in most cases, but it doesn't work for certain logos (Flyers, Blues, Canadiens, Red Wings). Obviously logos that are close to 1:1 and don't have lots of empty space in one area should just be one big logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope so, but I don't know if it's concrete though.

A picture earlier in the thread showed the Sharks have their 25th anniversary patch on the jersey where the front number usually is. The NHL series doesn't put any anniversary patches on jerseys in the game, which I like, so it could just be there's no number on the front this year because of the patch, so EA didn't put anything on the front.

And not a uniform change, but the Ducks appear to have changed their dashers to black.

DSC_0010_slide.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

CN055wuWcAQ6ojS.jpg

Upper Deck rookie shoot.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

CN055wuWcAQ6ojS.jpg

Upper Deck rookie shoot.

Could they not get socks for Goldobin?. I also saw another pic with Marner not wearing TV numbers, probably hasn't picked a number yet. According to the Leafs website, nobody has.

CN03m27UkAATl8r.jpg

Edit: Also just saw this pic. Strome wearing the wrong pants and socks

CN1cfHwWUAA4TbJ.jpg

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived