College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I wonder if Under Armour suggested it. Aren't they the league apparel provider?

Texas A&M Wears Adidas

But those throwbacks don't have individually painted helmets?!?! Kidding aside, those are sharp.

Apparently Texas A&M is wearing their "Aggie Nights" alternates for an 11am kickoff, thus further proving how dumb special names for uniforms truly are.

Texas A&M was planning on wearing them at night but the SEC put the game at an 11 AM Kickoff.

0lXOeGc.pngfiesta%2006%2009%2014_zpsyehw2zlc.pnglFIL89P.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas A&M Wears Adidas

But those throwbacks don't have individually painted helmets?!?! Kidding aside, those are sharp.

Apparently Texas A&M is wearing their "Aggie Nights" alternates for an 11am kickoff, thus further proving how dumb special names for uniforms truly are.

Texas A&M was planning on wearing them at night but the SEC put the game at an 11 AM Kickoff.

I meant the time change. It shouldn't happen in sports but occasionally it does.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Texas A&M Wears Adidas

I meant the time change. It shouldn't happen in sports but occasionally it does.

Oh...ok.

I agree with you it shouldn't happen at all.

0lXOeGc.pngfiesta%2006%2009%2014_zpsyehw2zlc.pnglFIL89P.png

You know what else they didn't look like? Baylor. B) The current trend of wearing random, non-school colors is the worst thing to happen to cfb in recent memory.

It's unfortunate, but to be fair, I'm not sure they looked like anyone else. Baylor's new identity is almost more centered around black, grey, an white rather than their actual school colors. Honestly if I see a school wearing black and grey, I instantly think I'm watching baylor, which tells you a lot about how awful their brand is now.

Why is it that schools with great colors are always the ones who use anything but them? Baylor, Oregon, Maryland uses black and white more than red and yellow, and if you want a small school example, eastern michigan has just totally destroyed any semblance of their previous brand. So I disagree that when these schools don't wear school colors they don't look like themselves, but I wouldn't say looking like themselves is a good thing.

The only thing I wish they'd have done with these was use this helmet instead (just because I love this UM mark):

Maryland_OLD13.gif

I've always appreciated that Maryland (for the most part) has incorporated all four colors into their uniforms: black, gold, red, and white. There have been times, of course, where they've been dominant on maybe two or three of those four (like the "Terps" helmet-era uniforms, for instance), but I think the scheme is one of only a few three-colors-plus-white schemes that really works. I especially like it when they've separated the colors to various elements: gold and black on the helmet and pants, red and white on the jersey (even though my previous suggestion violates that rule). That's one of those neat quirks about uniforms that I find fun.

The only thing I wish they'd have done with these was use this helmet instead (just because I love this UM mark):

Maryland_OLD13.gif

I've always appreciated that Maryland (for the most part) has incorporated all four colors into their uniforms: black, gold, red, and white. There have been times, of course, where they've been dominant on maybe two or three of those four (like the "Terps" helmet-era uniforms, for instance), but I think the scheme is one of only a few three-colors-plus-white schemes that really works. I especially like it when they've separated the colors to various elements: gold and black on the helmet and pants, red and white on the jersey (even though my previous suggestion violates that rule). That's one of those neat quirks about uniforms that I find fun.

A plain red jersey with dual white stripes will really help the Terps standout amongst their B1G brethen, LOL.

Illinois will be wearing the Gray Ghost uniforms at homecoming:

12144917_10102328327600032_5649751570858

12112225_10102328327610012_8259985972881

What a better time to wear something that lacks your primary color than homecoming?

i will admit, I liked the effect these had looking like they were in B&W, however I still think they are stupid to wear more than the 1 time they already wore them.

Orange/blue/orange at homecoming isn't too much to ask is it??

Illinois will be wearing the Gray Ghost uniforms at homecoming:

12144917_10102328327600032_5649751570858

12112225_10102328327610012_8259985972881

While these uniforms are pretty nice with the Gray Ghost tribute, at first I thought this was Utah State! Goes to prove how colleges can lose their identity in a uniform just because it is a one game special alternate. I think this would work better with more blue and orange to make people know that it is Illinois.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived