College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Ohio State looks a little like Oregon State in these costumes. Should have stuck with classic unis v Penn State. These would have been fine v a cupcake early in the season.

I also think Oregon State before Ohio State when I flip to the game. Maybe they lose and curse these uniforms.

Roryfan posted these in the concept forum and is exactly what they needed to do. Was it too obvious? If you want to do black -- fine -- but do it right.

OSU_Vlack_zpsiwqf0nha.jpg

Same issue as with the SF 49'ers ... If you have to have a black jersey, you should at least incorporate other traditional uniform elements to retain the branding of the team. That's a nice design by Roryfan.
Georgia does it right when they do it:

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

Not really, might work if they had the black facemasks, but that set right there is textbook BFBS.

Textbook? You mean a school that refers to its football team over the PA as "The Red and Black" and has a newspaper called "The Red and Black" and has black primary uniforms in plenty of sports is doing BFBS?

If anything, Georgia is one of the few teams who should and could get away with black alternates, and these were beautiful.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State looks a little like Oregon State in these costumes. Should have stuck with classic unis v Penn State. These would have been fine v a cupcake early in the season.

I also think Oregon State before Ohio State when I flip to the game. Maybe they lose and curse these uniforms.

Roryfan posted these in the concept forum and is exactly what they needed to do. Was it too obvious? If you want to do black -- fine -- but do it right.

Same issue as with the SF 49'ers ... If you have to have a black jersey, you should at least incorporate other traditional uniform elements to retain the branding of the team. That's a nice design by Roryfan.

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

Not really, might work if they had the black facemasks, but that set right there is textbook BFBS.

Did anybody like when Georgia did this?

icon_15669063-620x818.jpg

I have never seen that uniform combo before (not a college football guy) but that is a perfect football uniform right there. Well, when you take away the silly conference patch and nike ads.

Their helmet is iconic so I don't like it being recolored - that being said, if you're going to do it, that's a perfect recolor and I'm glad they showed restraint and kept the single stripe instead of either adding red or eliminating it all together.

I agree 100% with whoever siad that they should hate that helmet but just can't. I'm in the same boat - there's a lot of things I find objectively wrong with their helmet (the main red one) but yet I think it's perfect. I think the single white stripe may be my favorite feature.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK, fine. You did it, you hopefully got it out of your system. I don't need to ever see it again.

Not. Ever.

A60D7304_1.jpg

Agreed. Not even just the jersey by itself.

Cardale starting? I agree.

Don't be surprised if you see the jerseys again later this season. Specifically Nov. 21.

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

I have never seen that uniform combo before (not a college football guy) but that is a perfect football uniform right there. Well, when you take away the silly conference patch and nike ads.

Their helmet is iconic so I don't like it being recolored - that being said, if you're going to do it, that's a perfect recolor and I'm glad they showed restraint and kept the single stripe instead of either adding red or eliminating it all together.

I agree 100% with whoever siad that they should hate that helmet but just can't. I'm in the same boat - there's a lot of things I find objectively wrong with their helmet (the main red one) but yet I think it's perfect. I think the single white stripe may be my favorite feature.

You lost me at "silly conference patch"

While looking for some college hockey scores, I came across this from the Maine football team...

beckford_td_yale.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't think that set is that bad. I think we've seen a pretty large number of uniform sets much worse than that this season.

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

You mean the manufactoring label of any football uniform ever?

williamstown-tc-football-lmn-6674jpg-3e9

High schol btw

Also conference patches are on every college uniform in any sport that has one.

Add me to the list of those who would have preferred Ohio State stick with gray pants and a gray helmet to go with the black jerseys. I understand Nike wants to make money so alternate jerseys are a fact of life at this point, but pants and helmets aren't being sold at retail. They still could have sold all the black jerseys in the world and maintained some connection to the traditional uniforms had they not gone with the black pants and helmet.

Another thing that annoyed me about the OSU black uniform: Why not swap out gray stripes in place of the black ones? Black stripes on a black uniform are pointless.

Baylor didn't look too bad today. The gray on the black jersey really made this look a lot better than it should have.

You know what else they didn't look like? Baylor. B) The current trend of wearing random, non-school colors is the worst thing to happen to cfb in recent memory.

While looking for some college hockey scores, I came across this from the Maine football team...

beckford_td_yale.jpg

Came in here to post this same thing. I like the looks of it a lot, aside from the monochrome of course. It's unique and visually appealing. I thought some might have an issue with the M being lt. blue outlined in white while all numbers are the reverse of that, but nobody has brought that up yet.

slideshow_305131_18.jpg

You mean the manufactoring label of any football uniform ever?

williamstown-tc-football-lmn-6674jpg-3e9

High schol btw

Also conference patches are on every college uniform in any sport that has one.

Conference/manufacturer patches didnt really become a thing until the 90s, and I also would like to see them disappear

beckford_td_yale.jpg

Came in here to post this same thing. I like the looks of it a lot, aside from the monochrome of course. It's unique and visually appealing. I thought some might have an issue with the M being lt. blue outlined in white while all numbers are the reverse of that, but nobody has brought that up yet.
This and the Michigan throwback are the best example of a throwback design that works. The Nebraska and Wisconsin jerseys were not on the same level. The CFL jerseys were even worse. Is this a fauxback or an alternate look?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

beckford_td_yale.jpg

This and the Michigan throwback are the best example of a throwback design that works. The Nebraska and Wisconsin jerseys were not on the same level. The CFL jerseys were even worse. Is this a fauxback or an alternate look?

Fauxback. Story here

But those throwbacks don't have individually painted helmets?!?! Kidding aside, those are sharp.

Apparently Texas A&M is wearing their "Aggie Nights" alternates for an 11am kickoff, thus further proving how dumb special names for uniforms truly are.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived