College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be honest here I actually like the Louisville uniforms why because 1 it's different it's a new look for one game it excites the kids to wear something new. 2 because it seemed Adidas has tried and made something specific for a certain and not copy and paste. Adidas's job was to make something different and have it resemble Louisville Cardinals and I think they achieved that. Teams are not going to always look like the classic teams you grew up watching my generation grew up with Oregon and their flashy uniforms nowadays I'm high school everyone's favorite day is when we get new gear everyone's always asking coach lets get this and that. It's what the football world is today you just have to deal with it. Do I agree with everyone of Adidas's uniforms no some of them are terrible but imo this one is a great job by Adidas

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

I'm going to be honest here I actually like the Louisville uniforms why because 1 it's different it's a new look for one game it excites the kids to wear something new. 2 because it seemed Adidas has tried and made something specific for a certain and not copy and paste. Adidas's job was to make something different and have it resemble Louisville Cardinals and I think they achieved that. Teams are not going to always look like the classic teams you grew up watching my generation grew up with Oregon and their flashy uniforms nowadays I'm high school everyone's favorite day is when we get new gear everyone's always asking coach lets get this and that. It's what the football world is today you just have to deal with it. Do I agree with everyone of Adidas's uniforms no some of them are terrible but imo this one is a great job by Adidas

Did your generation grow up without punctuation?

Well this keeps getting worse..

CIWgIn7UMAADdCH.png

If not for the giant "L" taped on the left leg, I'd have no idea what team this was.

Wow. They even made the cardinal look like a predatory bird with its talons out.

At some point, you're simply trying too hard.

At first glance I thought it was a chicken (especially on the cleats)--it took me a while to figure out it was Louisville.

Look on the bright side, the cardinal doesn't have teeth. Visible anyway.

I don't think I'd go out in my back yard again if those things had razor sharp talons, laser eyes, and teeth.

:D

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I passed English with an A but didn't really apply it into what I'm writing I'm tired I just got home from football. Yeah I made a mistake cool I didn't write it to be perfect I wrote what I thought about the uniforms. Call me stupid or an idiot for not using correct punctuation frankly I don't care what you think about me.

Letsgoblue.png

At first glance I thought it was a chicken (especially on the cleats)--it took me a while to figure out it was Louisville.

Look on the bright side, the cardinal doesn't have teeth. Visible anyway.

I don't think I'd go out in my back yard again if those things had razor sharp talons, laser eyes, and teeth.

:D

Is it too much to ask to have cardinals with frickin' laser beams shooting from their eyes?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I passed English with an A but didn't really apply it into what I'm writing I'm tired I just got home from football. Yeah I made a mistake cool I didn't write it to be perfect I wrote what I thought about the uniforms. Call me stupid or an idiot for not using correct punctuation frankly I don't care what you think about me.

On a message board where the means of communication is written, I don't think asking someone to make a post with proper spelling/grammar/punctuation is the heftiest of demands. But hey, that's just me.

On a message board where the means of communication is written, I don't think asking someone to make a post with proper spelling/grammar/punctuation is the heftiest of demands. But hey, that's just me.
It's not it was just a mistake by me I'm like half asleep at the moment and wasn't thinking. The life of a football player is some serious stuff

Letsgoblue.png

It's not it was just a mistake by me I'm like half asleep at the moment and wasn't thinking. The life of a football player is some serious stuff

then you should take a rest and come back later when you aren't exhausted, and can look at these uniforms with a clear mind and see how horribly bad they are with screen on graphics everywhere, and cardinals if they were created by the scientists of Jurassic World slapped on them willy nilly.

If they threw out tradition they wouldn't still be identifiable as Ohio State uniforms. Louisville looks like a high school team or a semi-pro team.

The top two uniforms are in no way identifiable as tOSU uniforms, outside of the colors, which any team could use. The bottom ones look like a Walmart version of their real uniforms. Like I said, you can say they aren't nearly as bad as other schools at it, and you'd be right, but they willingly 1) deviated from their normal uniforms; 2) wore uniforms specifically colored to highlight Nike's template; and 3) looked worse doing so. The level or scorn they deserve is relative to how much worse other school are, but they still deserve scorn.

But you're making your opinions seem factual which they are not. Iirc most of the board moved the alternates they wore. They were most definitely identifiable as Ohio state. At first glance most people probably wouldn't even notice that they were alternates.

The throwbacks I do agree are very Nike highlighted, but they still have key elements that the uniforms they were based on had.

Honestly, there's something I actually like about louisvilles uniforms. It's different, the graphic styling of the cardinal is different (it's a thing they've been doing with their cleats and various animals) but I kinda like it. The jersey and trying to make the old English "L" work yet again is not good. But I do really like the helmet, and is say it's better than all of their stupid non white helmets.

Well this keeps getting worse..

CIWgIn7UMAADdCH.png

If not for the giant "L" taped on the left leg, I'd have no idea what team this was.

has Louisville ever even used that as a logo? wtf is petrino thinking? he is clearly insane and should never have any input on any uniform ever to be made.

I wouldn't really consider that to be a logo....it's more of an illustration of a cardinal which looks absolutely RIDICULOUS on a sports uniform.

Exactly, it's an illustration (but still not an official illustration, unless Louisville has some sort of fan-made/used cardinal none of hus know about). I really miss the illustrations-as-logos from the ~60s, and wouldn't mind seeing them used on a one-off, but to have someone randomly draw you (using digital illustration) a possessed cardinal with its little legs sticking out is bizarre, and yet ultimately unsurprising from Adidas. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this kicks off a trend of illustrations on one-off helmets.

There's a lot to hate in that uniform, but I think my least favorite is the shiny numbers. AndrewMLind called them "iron on duct tape numbers", and that pretty much sums up how they look to me. Totally cheap and unappealing, not to mention bordering on illegible.

I really hope Adidas doesn't come up with any bull :censored: for Michigan to wear this season. In the catalogue that was posted, it seems like there was just two jerseys, but we better not see that blue monochrome look again.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived