College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Might be the best gloves I've ever seen. Really. The realistic cardinal should've stayed there.

Louisville's uniforms and helmet look ridiculous, but I like the cleats, and the gloves are actually really :censored:ing cool in my opinion

eGrxF3a.jpg

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a new template from Adidas? I feel like we saw a teaser or something that hinted at it before.

It looks like it finally has sleeve caps, instead of just a yoke. Doesn't fix all of their problems, but it's a start.

The new adidas template (which IIRC is Techfit 3.0) is marketed as "Techfit Primeknit."

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Is that a new template from Adidas? I feel like we saw a teaser or something that hinted at it before.

It looks like it finally has sleeve caps, instead of just a yoke. Doesn't fix all of their problems, but it's a start.

The new adidas template (which IIRC is Techfit 3.0) is marketed as "Techfit Primeknit."

If I'm not completely blind (these photos are really low-res too), it doesn't seem to have the tiretread pattern on it. Which is a plus.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

What the hell are they doing? They took a full on photo of a cardinal and pasted it on the side of the helmet.

Is there anyone from Adidas on the boards? Can anyone tell us what they are doing? Do they literally have a "Wheel of Bad Decisions" and they just spin it. Like Spin 1 is number font. Spin 2 is helmet design. Spin 3 is texture. Like what the hell is going on.

First look at Louisville's uniforms for season-opener against Auburn, via @adidasfballus:

image_zpsxh5n3wrq.jpg

Looks to have logo on only one side of helmet and numbers on the other, base layer sleeves with wings, cleats that feature cardinals (similar to snoop lion cleats or cheetah cleats worn at NFL combine), large logo on hip, and socks with some kind of feather design.

I like the base layer sleeves, but the iron on duct tape numbers and other copy and paste from team to team design elements are exactly what I'd expect from Adidas.

Well this keeps getting worse..

CIWgIn7UMAADdCH.png

If not for the giant "L" taped on the left leg, I'd have no idea what team this was.

Just horrifying.

I rather be in front of a nuclear explosion and being turned into ash than seeing these abominations of humanity.

tumblr_mxgo0tOR8j1rutx6lo1_400.gif

The. Worst. Uniform. In. Any. Sport Of. All. Time. :puke:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

What the hell are they doing? They took a full on photo of a cardinal and pasted it on the side of the helmet.

Is there anyone from Adidas on the boards? Can anyone tell us what they are doing? Do they literally have a "Wheel of Bad Decisions" and they just spin it. Like Spin 1 is number font. Spin 2 is helmet design. Spin 3 is texture. Like what the hell is going on.

I'm pretty sure that real cardinals don't have glowing yellow eyes...

I could be wrong, but I don't think adidas designs (or builds) the football helmets.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

I don't know if the Adidas explanation of the uniform was posted already but I came across it just now on 247. Good stuff.

(Photo: 247Sports)

Louisville will have a new uniform design from Adidas this season.

Thursday, the shoe company released renderings of the new uniform concept, entitled 'uncaged.'

Louisville is expected to don the new uniforms Sept. 5 vs. Auburn in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta.

Here's the 'story behind' the uniform concept from the adidas news stream:

"Drawing inspiration from the Louisville mascot, the new uniform brings the Cardinal to life like never before from head to toe with an all-new, photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal. Designed to represent the football team's style of play, the Uncaged Cardinal is fierce, attacking and always on the offensive.

At the center of the design, the helmet features the new Uncaged Cardinal on one side, while a chrome and red English "L" pays homage to Louisville's heritage on the other side. Further infusing the new theme, the shoulders of the jersey feature chrome and red wings symbolizing the Uncaged Cardinal in flight, which accent the chrome lettering and numbering outlined in bold red on the jersey, while the pants showcase a chrome and red English "L" on the left leg to match the helmet.

Made with a cutting-edge, proprietary yarn blend that increases durability and abrasion resistance, Primeknit is the newest generation of the adidas TECHFIT football uniform system. Primeknit keeps players cool and increases range of motion, giving athletes an unrivaled level of comfort and allowing them to perform at their highest levels. The jersey's redesigned padlock system improves tension over the shoulder pads. The jersey's redesigned padlock system improves tension over the shoulder pads, while the compression fit adheres to the player, making it difficult for opponents to grab, hold or tackle.

Rounding out the head-to-toe package is the TECHFIT gun show baselayer, featuring an oversized photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal and red English "L" overlay on the chest, the adizero 4.0 Uncaged Cardinal gloves, and the adizero 5-Star 4.0 cleats, emblazoned with the new photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal, wrapped 180 degrees around the upper of the cleat.

The adizero 5-Star 4.0, lighter than any competitor cleat at 8.1 ounces, has a SPRINTSKIN upper with SHOCKWEB reinforcement and a SPRINTFRAME plate that provides maximum acceleration and multi-directional traction."

These just get worse and worse with every new picture, at least before I thought it was black electrical tape which while looking like crap at least was a team color. Now I know they are just shoving chrome in every part of the uniform for no reason what so ever.

isn't it pretty hard to F up a all white uni? Well, congrats UL and adidas. I'm guessing the ULL Ragin Cajuns will have this "exclusive" all white uni at some point in the season, w/ a angry chili pepper on the helmet and thigh.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I don't know if the Adidas explanation of the uniform was posted already but I came across it just now on 247. Good stuff.

Thursday, the shoe company released renderings of the new uniform concept, entitled 'uncaged.'

Louisville is expected to don the new uniforms Sept. 5 vs. Auburn in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta.

"Drawing inspiration from the Louisville mascot, the new uniform brings the Cardinal to life like never before from head to toe with an all-new, photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal. Designed to represent the football team's style of play, the Uncaged Cardinal is fierce, attacking and always on the offensive.

At the center of the design, the helmet features the new Uncaged Cardinal on one side, while a chrome and red English "L" pays homage to Louisville's heritage on the other side. Further infusing the new theme, the shoulders of the jersey feature chrome and red wings symbolizing the Uncaged Cardinal in flight, which accent the chrome lettering and numbering outlined in bold red on the jersey, while the pants showcase a chrome and red English "L" on the left leg to match the helmet.

Made with a cutting-edge, proprietary yarn blend that increases durability and abrasion resistance, Primeknit is the newest generation of the adidas TECHFIT football uniform system. Primeknit keeps players cool and increases range of motion, giving athletes an unrivaled level of comfort and allowing them to perform at their highest levels. The jersey's redesigned padlock system improves tension over the shoulder pads. The jersey's redesigned padlock system improves tension over the shoulder pads, while the compression fit adheres to the player, making it difficult for opponents to grab, hold or tackle.

Rounding out the head-to-toe package is the TECHFIT gun show baselayer, featuring an oversized photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal and red English "L" overlay on the chest, the adizero 4.0 Uncaged Cardinal gloves, and the adizero 5-Star 4.0 cleats, emblazoned with the new photo-real, high-def Uncaged Cardinal, wrapped 180 degrees around the upper of the cleat.

The adizero 5-Star 4.0, lighter than any competitor cleat at 8.1 ounces, has a SPRINTSKIN upper with SHOCKWEB reinforcement and a SPRINTFRAME plate that provides maximum acceleration and multi-directional traction."

How many cardinals in the world are in cages? It's not a typical household bird, is it?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How many cardinals in the world are in cages? It's not a typical household bird, is it?

Not only are they not caged, but in Kentucky it is illegal to own one .

spacer.png

Archived