College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

1d515c5308a076e098d5932f860d18ca.jpg

Looks like Texas will be using the Mach Speed template for the 2015-2016 seasons. See the mesh type fabrics from the back of the jersey which is different than the other mesh they wore last year.

that isn't the mach speed template that is the chain mail mesh from the hyper cool template that they used last year.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So . . . A bird that is not their own. Numbers that are not their own. Feathers on the baselayer that look like a knockoff of Oregon's and feathers on the socks that might look better if put on the back. Bobby needs to fall off a bike again soon.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well this keeps getting worse..

If not for the giant "L" taped on the left leg, I'd have no idea what team this was.

What short-lived pro wrestler does this helmet remind one of?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

CIWgIn7UMAADdCH.png

If not for the giant "L" taped on the left leg, I'd have no idea what team this was.

has Louisville ever even used that as a logo? wtf is petrino thinking? he is clearly insane and should never have any input on any uniform ever to be made.

I wouldn't really consider that to be a logo....it's more of an illustration of a cardinal which looks absolutely RIDICULOUS on a sports uniform.

gYH2mW9.png

First look at Louisville's uniforms for season-opener against Auburn, via @adidasfballus:

image_zpsxh5n3wrq.jpg

Looks to have logo on only one side of helmet and numbers on the other, base layer sleeves with wings, cleats that feature cardinals (similar to snoop lion cleats or cheetah cleats worn at NFL combine), large logo on hip, and socks with some kind of feather design.

I like the base layer sleeves, but the iron on duct tape numbers and other copy and paste from team to team design elements are exactly what I'd expect from Adidas.

jawdrop_zpsd597e3ct.gif

I mean, does it have the basic characteristics of a cardinal? Yes, but at first glance I thought the cleats looked more like something for South Carolina. But, with that being said, the uniforms suck, like everyone is pointing out. The numbers would be fine if they didn't have the tape look. But everything else is bad.

Those are fauxback uniforms, or at least the top one with the striped serving only to highlight Nike's proprietary template it. And no, the bottom one is not a good or clever alternate. But anything which deviates from their normal uniforms is by definition breaking from tradition. They wore random crap for no reason other than Nike saying "If you wear this, we'll be able to sell some more jerseys." You can certainly say that tOSU hasn't worn as awful uniforms or been as egregious as other schools, but they still threw tradition out the window to make a buck a few times.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If they threw out tradition they wouldn't still be identifiable as Ohio State uniforms. Louisville looks like a high school team or a semi-pro team.

The top two uniforms are in no way identifiable as tOSU uniforms, outside of the colors, which any team could use. The bottom ones look like a Walmart version of their real uniforms. Like I said, you can say they aren't nearly as bad as other schools at it, and you'd be right, but they willingly 1) deviated from their normal uniforms; 2) wore uniforms specifically colored to highlight Nike's template; and 3) looked worse doing so. The level or scorn they deserve is relative to how much worse other school are, but they still deserve scorn.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If they threw out tradition they wouldn't still be identifiable as Ohio State uniforms. Louisville looks like a high school team or a semi-pro team.

The top two uniforms are in no way identifiable as tOSU uniforms, outside of the colors, which any team could use. The bottom ones look like a Walmart version of their real uniforms. Like I said, you can say they aren't nearly as bad as other schools at it, and you'd be right, but they willingly 1) deviated from their normal uniforms; 2) wore uniforms specifically colored to highlight Nike's template; and 3) looked worse doing so. The level or scorn they deserve is relative to how much worse other school are, but they still deserve scorn.

Hardly...

CIWgIn7UMAADdCH.png

Wow. They even made the cardinal look like a predatory bird with its talons out.

At some point, you're simply trying too hard.

At first glance I thought it was a chicken (especially on the cleats)--it took me a while to figure out it was Louisville.

Look on the bright side, the cardinal doesn't have teeth. Visible anyway.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived