NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

1 hour ago, McCall said:

I meant, would San Antonio be bitter that they were not getting the team and therefore not let them use the Alamodome on a temporary basis?

Definitely. If they aren't keeping the team they'd want to be paid like they were instead of footing the bill.

2 hours ago, schlim said:

If I remember correctly, UT put up harsh resistance to a USL?potential MLS team from using its soccer stadium (a field with bleachers), I'd imagine there's 0% chance UT would let their football stadium be used for an NFL team, no matter how short/long the stay. Also, good luck finding land to build a football stadium in Austin. May as well put it in Waco or San Antonio, its the closest its getting to being inside the city limits.

But congrats Austin, on becoming the next Major League Bridesmaid!

Austin is already in the Major Leagues.....if you consider MLS as a major league.

59 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Austin is already in the Major Leagues.....if you consider MLS as a major league.

As we all should do.  The top ten highest-valued MLS teams rank alongside the bottom ten NHL teams.  The overlap is here, and it will only continue.   There is no more "big four"; it's the "big five" now.

15 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

As we all should do.  The top ten highest-valued MLS teams rank alongside the bottom ten NHL teams.  The overlap is here, and it will only continue.   There is no more "big four"; it's the "big five" now.

That probably says a lot more about the NHL than it does MLS. We’re probably closer to having a “big three”. 

43 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

That probably says a lot more about the NHL than it does MLS. We’re probably closer to having a “big three”. 

On the other hand, NHL is on ESPN now so I think it levels up a bit.

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, FiddySicks said:

I'd argue baseball is much more likely to fall off than hockey is, honestly, given the way the sport's audience is shrinking. If they have a lockout, I could see MLB getting crippled.