Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that officially kills my bracket. I had the Habs beating the Islanders in the ECF and beating Anaheim in the Final.

Go Ducks. Go Bolts.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Red Mile was a thi-- um, event, and this photo captures it perfectly.

One girl to rule them all:

o-red-mile-calgary-570.jpg

Full story, including the quote:

"So many people that want to support the Flames, now almost want to see them lose, because we just want to be done with fearing for our friends safety which I literally am."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1348207/women-asking-flames-fans-to-can-it-when-it-comes-to-street-harassment/

I could tell that link was from this year and now 2004 because it had the words "street harassment" in it. When the phrase "Shirts Off For Kiprusoff" was still a t****, the phrase "street harassment" was not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Look at all those digital cameras. I think I see a couple disposables in there as well. Somewhere in Calgary, in a drawer, is an undeveloped disposable camera with a photo of that girl's boobs on it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Give me a break... I was at the Red Mile after they eliminated Vancouver and no such incidents happened. That picture is from 2004.

Hence the "was" in my post. 2004 picture used in 2015 article with 2015 quotes. Good to hear their fears for this year were unfounded. Guess Flames fans can cheer for their team again...

I could tell that link was from this year and not 2004 because it had the words "street harassment" in it. When the phrase "Shirts Off For Kiprusoff" was still a t****, the phrase "street harassment" was not.

First I'd read it, actually. Wonder how Mardi Gras is handling it.

25 years ago, how many of us would have been saying "WE HAVE TO GET THE CUP BACK IN AMERICA FROM CANADA"

From 1979-1993, US teams only won 6 Cups (Islanders 4x, Penguins twice)

Hell, after the Philadelphia-Buffalo '75 Cup Finals, only three Cup Finals from 1976-1994 were all-American (1981, 1991-1992)

These things go in cycles.

I get why some Canadians root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs, but it still feels as dumb and self-defeating as the SEC homers who "root for the conference."

If I'm a Leafs fan, I'm not any happier about the prospect of the Habs or the Sens lifting the Cup in a given year just because I'd have the chance to "stick it" to a small minority of American fans who bragged about Canada's Cup drought.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That Calgary picture is a fun reminder of just how powerful the mob mentality is. On top of it, there's a woman taking a picture too, which surely would piss off many females, including my girlfriend, who really abhors women using their sexuality to reinforces stereotypes.

But anyways, Go Eastern Conference.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I get why some Canadians root for the Canadian teams in the playoffs, but it still feels as dumb and self-defeating as the SEC homers who "root for the conference."

If I'm a Leafs fan, I'm not any happier about the prospect of the Habs or the Sens lifting the Cup in a given year just because I'd have the chance to "stick it" to a small minority of American fans who bragged about Canada's Cup drought.

I know you're still new to this hockey thing, but I've been hearing the loudest of that "small minority" every year since 2003, like clockwork. After twelve years? I'll take the hit and deal with a Habs Cup victory to shut them up. I mean what am I out as a Leafs fan? That the Habs will add another Cup to their tally? They have twenty-four! Number twenty-five isn't going to the one that really enshrines them as the most decorated team in hockey history. They had that locked up by the mid 70s.

A Sens Cup would sting more, but even that might accomplish some good. They might actually take the Cup banners for the original Sens down and raise their own Cup banner if they manage to win one themselves.

If the Capitals finally win the cup and it's in those dated throwbacks they're wearing for some reason it'll bother me every time I see the highlights.

Agreed. Those unis are terribly dated. There's no reason as to why they still need to be worn at all, let alone in the :censored:ing playoffs.

Archived