Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the first time for Ducks/Blackhawks, yes. They've circled around each other the last few years, usually with the Ducks not holding up their end of the bargain in getting there, but hey. We're here now.

It really is going to be one hell of a series. A lot of depth, a lot of star power, story lines, question marks, almost everything you want from a series besides pre-existing rivalry/hate. But that can easily develop haha. I can't wait to get started on this one.

This thread may or may not be a fun place for the next couple weeks. We'll see. Go Ducks!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There was one instance where the Hawks didn't hold up their end of the bargain for a potential Anaheim series.

2011- Had they beaten Detroit on the final day of the season, they would have gone from the 8 seed to the 5 seed and faced the Ducks instead of Vancouver.

(The playoffs, instead of CHI/VAN, SJ/LA, ANA/NSH, and DET/PHX, would have been VAN/LAK, SJ/PHX, DET/NSH, and CHI/ANA

Well, I'm happy my short lived Flames fandom was just that, short lived. Go Ducks, go to hell Flames.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Nashville could move from 25 to 22 with the Flames, Caps, and Hawks moving on.

whoops they traded this pick for Franson and Santorelli, lol. Okay, Toronto can move to 23 or 24, then.

Draft picks 15 through 21 are now set:

15 = Calgary

16 = Edmonton (PIT)

17 = Winnipeg

18 = Ottawa

19 = Detroit

20 = Minnesota

21 = Buffalo (NYI)

---------------------------------------------

22 = Washington or Vancouver

23 = Vancouver or Toronto (NSH)

24 = Toronto (NSH), Philadelphia (TB) or Winnipeg (STL/BUF)

25 = Philadelphia (TB), Winnipeg (STL/BUF) or Montreal

26 = Winnipeg (STL/BUF), Montreal or Tampa Bay (NYR)

I wonder whether Winnipeg could package 17 and 24-26 for a high pick. Philadelphia stands out as a team that needs organizational depth more than one impact player, but Philadelphia also stands out as a team with aggressively poor foresight, hence their needing two mid/late firsts at this point in the first place.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Rumors I've seen have Philly trying to trade up from #7 (maybe to Carolina's #5?) so they can leapfrog NJ for a specific player. I don't think they're interested in trading down. They need to upgrade the forwards in their system

Hate the fact that I want the Blackhawks to win the west. hate hate hate hate.

Hopefully the habs and rangers win though.

I can't stand the thought of cheering for them either.... still, the thought of seeing Kesler raise the cup makes me wretch personal trauma*. Anyone brave enough to make a prediction? I think the Hawks will take it at home, in six.

*to quote Mr McMahon

Not that anyone cares, but my final four is still good (Ducks, hawks, Bolts, Ragners) and I'm in the 90th percentile on NHL.com

Though I've found myself pulling for the Capitals. I want Ovechkin to win a title at some point and I'd rather that happen at the peak of his powers rather than as some second/third line role player when he's 38 or something.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't stand cheering the thought of cheering for either.... still, the thought of seeing Kesler raise the cup makes me wretch personal trauma*. Anyone brave enough to make a prediction? I think the Hawks will take it at home, in six.

*to quote Mr McMahon

Weren't you a Canucks fan?

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I can't stand cheering the thought of cheering for either.... still, the thought of seeing Kesler raise the cup makes me wretch personal trauma*. Anyone brave enough to make a prediction? I think the Hawks will take it at home, in six.

*to quote Mr McMahon

Still am, that's why I don't want Kesler to win. Jumped on the Flames bandwagon this year, cause I live here and will continue to support them in the future. I hate the lack of camaraderie between Canadian teams.

*to quote Mr McMahon

I believe that was the case. You know what that means.....

excommunication.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*to quote Mr McMahon

Still am, that's why I don't want Kesler to win. Jumped on the Flames bandwagon this year, cause I live here and will continue to support them in the future. I hate the lack of comradery between Canadian teams.

First, camaraderie.

Second, of course not. It's called being rivals. Just because we all live in California, you're not going to find Kings or Ducks fans rooting for the Sharks or vice versa. You'll find some Ducks/Kings fans rooting for both (and wearing awful frankenjerseys), but those people are generally looked down on by both sides. I understand the rooting for a team because you've lived there for a bit (I did it with the Coyotes.), but typically, most people won't do that for rivals.

But then again, Morgo, I think we've all learned you're not most people. So you do you, buddy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Still am, that's why I don't want Kesler to win. Jumped on the Flames bandwagon this year, cause I live here and will continue to support them in the future. I hate the lack of camaraderie between Canadian teams.

I'm with you on Kesler. I hate demanding trades to one place. It was a dick move when St. Louis did it, it was a dick move when Kesler did it.

As for a lack of camaraderie, I don't think there should be much at all. With how intense the Battle of Alberta should be in the years to come (plus the component teams' rivalries with the Canucks), it's gotta be hard to put feelings like that away. I couldn't. I won't even root for T.J. Oshie in the Olympics. I root for him to be struck by an errant Zamboni.

Personally, I find it gross when Canada gets behind the last Canadian team standing as if the parade route is going to go all the way across the continent. It's not, and when you pretend to rally behind Montreal, you're not fooling anyone, and certainly not yourselves. Sun Belt fans, such as they are, are typically pretty obnoxious about showing solidarity for "their" teams, too, but at least Canada is an actual country rather than a concept. Be better, I say, and hate freely among yourselves!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived