In search of Larry O'Brien: 2015 NBA Playoffs

buzzcut

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to think, if the Clippers had won ONE more game (both 56-26), they'd have hosted game 7

Have you tried other internet forums? Maybe ones that don't involve sports?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wasn't surprising in the least. This team needs severe changes in the offseason. Can't bring the same core back for a fifth chance.

Who's enjoying the Clippers losing more....the folks that don't like the Clippers, or the misery-loving, woe-is-me, I-hate-sports, sports-are-never-fun Clipper fans?

Says the guy who spams up the NHL thread every year with Thrashers-related butthurt every time Winnipeg loses a game.
I don't know why you're in a bad mood. You got what you wanted: the ability to talk down about your team and a reason to complain about something. Captain Whine-and-Moan can start blaming everyone and everything about his team's failure instead of their expected failure. Fire AJ Smith and Willie Randolph!!!!!!

The pretenders are out of the way. Top two seeds in each conference make it to the conference finals. Let chalking continue!

Technically, the Clippers had the same record as Houston, so it wouldn't have been THAT less chalky had they not collapsed.

Just when you think they really might not do it this time, the Clippers went and Clippered. Again. Well, BASS co-hosts, looks we won't be living in a world where the Clippers are serious title contenders after all.

BB52Big.jpg

Nice Grantland piece on how confounding Blake Griffin's talent is:

For 23 of the last 24 quarters, Griffin has been a beacon of fun, a scroll preserved from a lost civilization that still knew how to party. Now, people hate the Clippers; I know this. They flop. They whine. They react to every foul call by falling to their knees and declaiming poems about injustice. The poems don’t rhyme, but the Clippers act like they rhyme. Paul 100 percent believes he deserves a Pulitzer Prize for poetry, and he will interrupt games to call The New Yorker and say things like “My ‘Elegy for a Twin Who Sold Flood Insurance’ smokes Rae Armantrout’s ass.” The Clippers can be annoying, is what I’m saying. I get that.

But in the same way that Paul can be a petulant scold and also the greatest pure point guard of his generation, Griffin can get on your nerves sometimes and also be a dazzling force to witness.

That's been my problem with Blake Griffin. He should be one of the best players in the game. He's built like Karl Malone and has the same innate talent level. But then he's only good for three out of every four quarters, and you don't know which one he's going to be break down in.

When he's on, he makes the game look easy: he dunks, he passes, he shoots, and he blocks. But then he decides he needs to stop doing all of those things, and the Clippers lose.

I won't say that I like the Clippers, but I've grown to appreciate them. Their core is good. Reddick needs to go, obviously, and Austin Rivers isn't consistent enough to deal with his baggage. But there are plenty of guys who can shoot threes, plenty of guys who can come in for defense, and plenty of moderately good PGs. There's a way to make this work. Maybe it involves Doc not being GM anymore.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Clippers need to make some tweaks, but they can't blow it up. Thunder/Spurs are up in the air, Rockets are very bipolar, Grizzlies/Blazers might not be the same after the summer.

IMHO, if LA blows things up and one of their Big Three is gone, they're basically conceding the Pacific Division to Golden State for the next dozen-ish years.

Golden State made some timely signings that nobody really paid attention to in Livingston/Barbosa.

You ever notice that Curry/Klay/Draymond are never really gassed/fatigued from being run to the ground?

And remember- 2 years ago, LA had #1 scoring bench.

No Bulls no Clipps :( marlins are crap, blackhawks might not win the cup, should i just jump off the roof with a noose ?

maybe try a new hobby? Sometimes stepping away from sports and finding something else to watch isn't the worst things to do.

For me once my Islanders got eliminated, I just went back to watching re-runs of Doctor Who. It helps to take my mind of mind numbing performances by sports teams that I like to follow.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived