NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

There's a city in Quebec named Asbestos. Such a move wouldn't help them get away from their problem at all!

I don't think the Nassau Coliseum is long for this world, but that doesn't mean the Islanders are similarly doomed. They're worth too much where they are.

Isn't going to help them if they have no place to play. And no, Brooklyn isn't the answer, that ship has sailed...

tigercatssignature-1.png

There's a city in Quebec named Asbestos. Such a move wouldn't help them get away from their problem at all!

I don't think the Nassau Coliseum is long for this world, but that doesn't mean the Islanders are similarly doomed. They're worth too much where they are.

Isn't going to help them if they have no place to play. And no, Brooklyn isn't the answer, that ship has sailed...

and now your quebec islanders.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

and now your quebec islanders.

followed quickly by 'your 2013-14 Seattle Coyotes' ;)

Not unless there's an NBA team that suddenly needs to move in the next year or so. The guy building the arena in Seattle will only do so with an NBA tenant (the NHL team is secondary). And with NOLA and Sacramento now locked into their existing cities for the foreseeable future the two previously obvious move candidates aren't going anywhere.

Herb Kohl has been trying to sell the Bucks for years (remember when MJ almost bought them?) but has been obliged for political reasons not to entertain offers from buyers who'd move them out of Wisconsin. Now that he's retiring as Senator, that's no longer the case.

Besides, you could argue that Seattle already got the Bucks franchise back in 2003. Seattle can have them... Milwaukee would gladly take an NHL franchise and I'd imagine we'd become an instant relocation candidate if the Bucks ever did leave town.

I personally think Milwaukee could be a good home for an NHL team, miles better than some of the ridiculous locations thrown around for the past 3 years :coughcough: Kansas City and Las Vegas.

I also think Seattle would jump at the chance of having the Bucks over a new expansion/relocated NHL team. The Bucks most probably have to be out of Milwaukee, way before anyone can realistically think of Milwaukee as a potential NHL home.

But for speculation purposes I would say Milwaukee is definitely a good home for a team.

Milwaukee as a hockey farm team for Nashville is the most upside-down affiliation in sports. It'd be like Vancouver sending its prospects to AAA San Diego.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Does Milwaukee belong to the Blackhawks, or is it just that sharing an arena between NBA and NHL teams is a pain in the ass?

The Blackhawks blocked a Milwaukee expansion team in the 80s, but I think things have changed enough since then that the 'Hawks wouldn't be an issue.

The problem seems to be that Milwaukee's just not big enough for both the NBA and NHL.

I personally think Milwaukee could be a good home for an NHL team, miles better than some of the ridiculous locations thrown around for the past 3 years :coughcough: Kansas City and Las Vegas.

I also think Seattle would jump at the chance of having the Bucks over a new expansion/relocated NHL team. The Bucks most probably have to be out of Milwaukee, way before anyone can realistically think of Milwaukee as a potential NHL home.

But for speculation purposes I would say Milwaukee is definitely a good home for a team.

I agree with all of this.

If the Bucks go away, then the city could be considered for hockey. But not until then.

Does Milwaukee belong to the Blackhawks, or is it just that sharing an arena between NBA and NHL teams is a pain in the ass?

It doesn't "belong" to anyone, though the Blackhawks would do well to squat on Milwaukee and Madison as best they can if there's not going to be a team there.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steven-Hindle/The-Road-from-Phoenix-to-Quebec-City/139/43411

Exciting as that may be, my source still believes Quebec City isn't alone in trying to land an NHL team as Seattle, above Las Vegas and Kansas City, appear set to follow in QC's footsteps.

"I still don?t believe they are on par with Quebec, but we are not alone as much as I told you we were."

Admitting that healthy competition for a franchise isn't a bad thing for the potential group in Quebec City, it still comes down to the NHL's ability to save the Coyotes.

"The Coyotes will move this year ONLY IF they CAN'T be saved and there is no option."

Clearly the biggest obstacle to overcome for the NHL will be in admitting their trial in Phoenix has come to an end. Yet, above all else, that seems to be the direction this is headed in.

"If that happens, it (Phoenix) will be moved to Quebec because even though Seattle is proving a point that they can in fact have an NHL team, they are not as advanced as we are right now so we have the lead for sure."

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2012/03/27/20120327glendale-mayor-elaine-scruggs-will-not-seek-6th-term-brk.html

The mayor of Glendale is not seeking re-election and the city manager is resigning. Rats on a sinking ship.