NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

7 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Matching burgundy suits....gotta give them an A for effort.

They're throwing everything they can, to try to make people care about hockey in Arizona. What else can they do? Have celebrity appearences to promote the team? Create special events? They've already turned their entire social medias into meme accounts.

They are essentially the flint tropics of the nhl right now

16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Matching burgundy suits....gotta give them an A for effort.

They're throwing everything they can, to try to make people care about hockey in Arizona. What else can they do? Have celebrity appearences to promote the team? Create special events? They've already turned their entire social medias into meme accounts.

Thing is, people do care about hockey in Arizona, between junior hockey clubs, high school hockey and even the ASU Sun Devils. They just don’t care for the Coyotes. Which is sad because it’s growing organically, but the NHL is an afterthought in the Valley Metro Area. They never promote the games, they don’t care. Reason why there’s never going to be any love. At least here Suns, Cardinals and the team that started a year after the Diamondbacks have the back and support here. Coyotes are the stepchild that gets locked in the basement only to run loose while the other children look at it with distain. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gary said:

Thing is, people do care about hockey in Arizona, between junior hockey clubs, high school hockey and even the ASU Sun Devils. They just don’t care for the Coyotes. Which is sad because it’s growing organically, but the NHL is an afterthought in the Valley Metro Area. They never promote the games, they don’t care. Reason why there’s never going to be any love. At least here Suns, Cardinals and the team that started a year after the Diamondbacks have the back and support here. Coyotes are the stepchild that gets locked in the basement only to run loose while the other children look at it with distain. 

Yeah, I meant to say to care more about the NHL Coyotes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

The man really regretted signing his contract that much that he got himself arrested in order to be waived. Brilliant. 

Imo this is the first time in a while that the Coyotes did something right. 

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Imo this is the first time in a while that the Coyotes did something right. 

Well they brought back the kachina jerseys,too...does that count? 😀

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

56 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Well they brought back the kachina jerseys,too...does that count? 😀

With that team's management that was probably done out of necessity when all the Howler jerseys were left behind at Desert Diamond and Glendale refused to unlock the doors for them.

• LOL 1

VmWIn6B.png

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If anything, it proved that those uniforms were over-appreciated. They're good, but they're not "OMG so amazing!" - the Kachina is an B+ outfit.

Unpopular opinion: the kachinas were a downgrade from what they had. The color scheme is the most important part of the brand for a team IMO, and they simply don't have one anymore. Red and sand is much stronger than black, green, red, blue, and purple. Also, the logo is too detailed for a jersey.

I like the overall concept of the kachinas better, but those two flaws are too much to look past.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

20 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Unpopular opinion: the kachinas were a downgrade from what they had. The color scheme is the most important part of the brand for a team IMO, and they simply don't have one anymore. Red and sand is much stronger than black, green, red, blue, and purple. Also, the logo is too detailed for a jersey.

I like the overall concept of the kachinas better, but those two flaws are too much to look past.

The Coyotes colours are black, green, red (brick?) and sand. The purple, there's no blue, is limited to the logos which is typically excused away as not being part of a colour scheme when it's not used anywhere else, see Mighty Ducks, Anaheim and Blackhawks, Chicago.

I really don't think the kachina is a downgrade from that boring old set. My issue with the kachina set is that it is way too dark. They should have taken the time to lighten at least one of the red or green but teams seem to be hesitant to change any flaws when bringing back retros full time.

• Like 5

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The Coyotes colours are black, green, red (brick?) and sand. The purple, there's no blue, is limited to the logos which is typically excused away as not being part of a colour scheme when it's not used anywhere else, see Mighty Ducks, Anaheim and Blackhawks, Chicago.

I really don't think the kachina is a downgrade from that boring old set. My issue with the kachina set is that it is way too dark. They should have taken the time to lighten at least one of the red or green but teams seem to be hesitant to change any flaws when bringing back retros full time.

I still count purple, it's on the jerseys. 5 (or even 4) non-white colors on a jersey is way, way too many. Especially when they're all so dark.

I agree that the old ones were boring, but I'll take boring over cluttered any day. Fix the colors and the kachinas are much better. But the colors ruin it.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38031635/nhl-not-considering-season-tournament-nba-addition

Glad to see the NHL not hopping on the gimmick bandwagon here. They already tried making up a regular season trophy 30 years ago, and no one really cares about it.

Now they just need to figure out a proper international tournament.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Gary said:

Both the sites named in the article would both be absolutely atrocious sites for a new arena and the team are just going to have the same problems they had at Glendale.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 1:08 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

Both the sites named in the article would both be absolutely atrocious sites for a new arena and the team are just going to have the same problems they had at Glendale.

Glendale's problem was that it was about as far away from the season ticket base as possible while still being in the Phoenix-area. By this point anyone who's been paying attention to this saga should know that the team wants to be close to their fans in the East Valley. Mesa has double the population of Glendale, not to mention the proximity to Scottsdale, Tempe, etc.

On 8/13/2023 at 2:35 PM, Morgan33 said:

The Coyotes Kachina isn’t just a great jersey, it’s a work art…

But yeah, everything else about the franchise is a joke and they probably should have left back in 2007 if not earlier.

15 minutes away from being gone for good in 2010. Man, what if.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫