NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

On Friday, November 25th, the Coyotes will have a "Leftover Fest" as they host the Canucks. Fans in attendance will receive promotional items left over from previous games, because the giveaway was supposed to be for the first 10,000 fans, but 10,000 fans never showed up. :(

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On Friday, November 25th, the Coyotes will have a "Leftover Fest" as they host the Canucks. Fans in attendance will receive promotional items left over from previous games, because the giveaway was supposed to be for the first 10,000 fans, but 10,000 fans never showed up. :(

That's gotta be one of the saddest things I've ever read.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wanted you to be lying. That couldn't possibly be real.

Then I looked it up.

Just like CS85 said, this is now just reaching the sad territory. Not sad for the fans, the city, or the team itself. I weep tears at the very idea of the Coyotes at this point. It's just sad that this is how a professional organization has to be run.

Just end it all.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That is legitimately depressing.

I'm going to go sit and stare at a wall for a little while.

spacer.png

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/broward/blog/2011/11/florida_panthers_asking_browar.html

The company that operates Broward County?s hockey arena in Sunrise and owns the Florida Panthers who play there wants a $7.7 million loan from the county to renovate the facility.

In a letter from the company that owns the Florida Panthers, Sunrise Sports and Entertainment, President Michael Yormark told the county mayor and commissioners that he?d seek the loan to pay for improvements to the center ice seating section and the executive suites.

"We need tax money to upgrade our luxury suites. I asked for white tigers!" Galling.

Yet, just up the road in Tampa, the Lightning owner spent $35 mil of HIS OWN MONEY to renovate the Forum. I've seen it in person, looks brand new.

Unless I didn't notice it last year, I really liked that area where the organist sits and the light display over the 'organ pipes'. And those contraptions that shoot lightning bolts is kick-ass, too.

Nope...the pipe organ area, all arena seats, upper level rooftop deck, the concourse redecorating, all suites (and the removal of a few suites in each corner ) are all new for 2011.

"World's Largest Hooters."

There's a Google Image Search to keep Gary busy through lunch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Couldn't think of a better song. This needs to end, get this team out.

baltimoreravens.png

Question that may have already been answered, but have the Coyotes ever sold out a game, regular season or post, since relocating from Winnipeg?

Ever? Uh, Yeah?

They sold out their home opener this year AGAINST Winnipeg. They sold out plenty of games when they first moved the Phoenix. They've sold out playoff games.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Quebec City rumblings are getting louder. I don't know why it took so long, because we've been saying for months that Quebec City is the only viable relocation option and maybe the only viable sale option, but Fischler's on it:

http://www.msg.com/blogs/stan-fischler/bluelines-hall-of-fame-devils-avery-s-back-and-the-emergence-of-dan-girardi-1.77253

With no confirmed new Coyotes owner in sight, the club may have to be relocated. Quebec City is the most likely relocation site. One NHL exec puts it simply: "For the league, this will be like a second Winnipeg; a guaranteed success. The Colisee will be sold out in 24 hours and there will be a solid waiting list for season tickets."

Well yeah. So make it happen. You have to if you're in the business of making money.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know. Sandwiched 90 miles from Boston and 120 from New York, with two other franchises sitting in the same area, the deal in Hartford would have to be outstanding before they'd get an NHL franchise back. I mean Winnipeg-level outstanding.

The only way I see it happening is if Hartford becomes the new home of the Islanders.

I would like to see Hartford back in the league, but not at the expense of the Islanders. Might be tough to shoehorn them back in, though. The Rangers and Bruins blobs of fandom have kind of spilled into Connecticut. Nature abhors an east coast hockey vacuum.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫