Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

No idea how credible this is so take it FWIW:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%205.09.3

Looks familiar:

CGl7heXUIAIEmuE.png

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/606151440667516928

I like these better than their current set. The "volt" doesn't bother me much here because it's pretty minimal.

The overall set makes me think of their 80's/90's colors and overall feel.

Not sure how I feel about the triangles, but I'm sure there's a Seinfeld joke in there somewhere.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the "volt" will be more yellow than green after all, sort of a modern take on the red-yellow-black color scheme of the early 2000's.

yeah I'm not sure why anyone thought Volt was going to be green? We've already seen it on everything from Oregon, to the Pro Bowl, to the USWNT, It's basically highlighter yellow.

I dont hate it, used primarily as accent. Although I'm sure the Hawks wont be able to resist them temptation of having a volt alt in a few seasons that will make our collective eyes bleed.

Yeah, I just couldn't think of anything tying triangles to Atlanta. I ran a search on google for "Atlanta triangle" and the only hit was for information on AA and other drug rehabilitation programs.

Those are some good guesses from Conrad and eRay -- better than anything I could come up with.

I also wanted to add Conrad's home concept to the mix:

New-Atlanta-Hawks-Uniform-Fan-Prediction

Conrad, I know you are the resident font expert on here. May I ask where you came up with that number font choice? Have you seen the font or was that a guess on your part? The numbers fit perfectly with the wordmarks. Kudos to you sir.

I'm also thinking we could see a black alternate with dark gray triangles with the "ATL" wordmark on the front. The wordmark and numbers would be "volt" with red trim.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Yeah, I just couldn't think of anything tying triangles to Atlanta. I ran a search on google for "Atlanta triangle" and the only hit was for information on AA and other drug rehabilitation programs.

Those are some good guesses from Conrad and eRay -- better than anything I could come up with.

I also wanted to add Conrad's home concept to the mix:

New-Atlanta-Hawks-Uniform-Fan-Prediction

Conrad, I know you are the resident font expert on here. May I ask where you came up with that number font choice? Have you seen the font or was that a guess on your part? The numbers fit perfectly with the wordmarks. Kudos to you sir.

I'm also thinking we could see a black alternate with dark gray triangles with the "ATL" wordmark on the front. The wordmark and numbers would be "volt" with red trim.

The black ones you described there I would buy in a heartbeat. Not sure which player though

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

from the VICE Sports article that Chris retweeted from Brandon:

Before [updating the Pacman logo], the franchise analyzed 1.6 million online conversations about the Hawks, revealing a high volume of what Sorckoff called "euphoric recall" around the 1980s team.

Look at that: we matter!

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I would rather have the side piping and design from the shorts come up on the jersey too, instead of having those triangles go all the way around the jersey. Overall though I'm beginning to like the uniqueness they would bring. If these are actually it, wonder how likely it is Nike would keep this design or rebrand them again...

Archived