Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan, partially based on the risks they took to create a (post?)modern look, as opposed to bringing back slightly altered-throwbacks or inventing fauxbacks. The color combination looks a LOT better than I'd feared, but I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the feeling that they're playing in glow-in-the-dark uniforms. Sorry if I missed this explanation, but what's the triforce pattern supposed to represent?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I love them. I'm not a Hawks fan but I will go and get at least the black or red shorts. The only thing that would make me like it more is if they they just went back to the 80's Dominique look. Those are probably my favorite basketball uniforms of all time.

Here is an out there thought about the triangle design: It kinda reminded me of the old Omni they used to play in. It had a bunch of triangles on top of the building and just was an interesting design in general.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I think the only thing I like here is the potential for mismatched shorts.

I'm not feeling the way the volt and red interact. Even just switching to a neon yellow would be a big help.

They went full TCU with the pattern, and it works even less so on a basketball jersey than it does a football jersey. Confine that pattern to the side panels, and it'd be an upgrade.

Lastly, the vertical type on the shorts sucks. Plain and simple. It's a technique that has never looked good no matter where it's used [save for vintage neon signs or something].

If that was yellow instead of volt, it'd be perfect.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love the road and alt, save for the A in "ATL" while I think the home is good, black on that uniform would be really improved the look for me. Overall, I give this a 7.5/10. They went crazy, and I love it.

I will definitely be picking up a black Horford jersey by Christmas.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Wish the home whites said "Hawks," but it seems like nickname at home, city on road is becoming less and less of a rule. Hate the pattern, but it probably won't even be visible on TV. Wish volt was used as the number outline rather than the number color.

Other than that, really like these. The Southeast has really turned into a visually appealing division. Hope they don't mix and match jersey and shorts colors, though. That looks rec league.

PJU85JF.png

I like that the Hawks' went out of the box for this rebrand. They chose a color no team in the "Big 4" uses (volt) and they went crazy with a pattern. It's much better then the safe RWB scheme and uniforms they used in the past.

The Uniforms are an upgrade, but I would prefer the Hawks use the old full-bodied logo.

So now my off-season rebrand list is complete:

1. 76ers
  2. Hawks
  3. Bucks
  4. Raptors (Even though the new uniforms haven't 'officially" been released)
  5. Nobody
  6. Nobody
  7. Nobody
  8. Clippers

If that was yellow instead of volt, it'd be perfect.

They wanted something unique, instead of using the same palette as the Calgary Flames, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Houston Rockets alternate.

Why did they even bother making their logo red and white if they're going to add black and volt to their uniforms?

Probably because it looks better and if they change their uniforms again they don't have to answer to the NBA's logo rules.

bSLCtu2.png

Why did they even bother making their logo red and white if they're going to add black and volt to their uniforms?

Does this make Atlanta and Phoenix the only teams to not have major parts of their colors schemes in the primary logo?

PJU85JF.png

Archived