Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some updated guesses from me:

CIM_7L1UkAAwiEn.pngCIM7mvtUcAEREqV.png

CIM3PpUUcAAv1_j.png

Also, j'ville, the number font is just their previous one, simplified.

Conrad, wow, you are the man! Thanks!

I thought the font looked familiar but couldn't place it. I was going to try mocking up that black version myself so I was just wondering. You beat me to it though so you saved me some time.

Nice work! :notworthy:

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I like how Nike fed you guys "volt" and you use it like that's an actual term for a color and not made up nonsense.

Literally every name for everything is made up nonsense. Someone had to decide that black was "black".

The word for black is dozens of centuries old. It developed organically over many hundreds of years. Volt was cooked up in a Nike board room 5 years ago.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some updated guesses from me:

CIM_7L1UkAAwiEn.pngCIM7mvtUcAEREqV.png

CIM3PpUUcAAv1_j.png

Also, j'ville, the number font is just their previous one, simplified.

Conrad, wow, you are the man! Thanks!

I thought the font looked familiar but couldn't place it. I was going to try mocking up that black version myself so I was just wondering. You beat me to it though so you saved me some time.

Nice work! :notworthy:

This meme pretty much sums up my opinion:

iaintevenmad.jpg

Hate to say it, because of the venom it might inspire, but I think much of the younger crowd will like this rebranding the most of all the four new NBA looks we've seen this summer. As an elementary art teacher, I can predict that a lot of my students will be drawing Hawks logos and unis for the first time. Yes, it's kind of the Oregon effect, and not everyone goes for that, but many younger fans do.

Archived