Beginning of the end of Arena Football League? (again)

Soundwave721

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

In case you ever wanted a sample of the level of professionalism displayed at the sub-AFL levels of indoor football, try reading this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Nice of the Chicago Eagles to let area middle school students get hands-on experience by covering the team.

Not sure what is more minor league,  the  reporting or the jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...

Tampa Bay will be wearing Zubaz uniforms for Throwbacks Night in honor of their 25th Anniversary. 

Arizona and Jacksonville have released uniforms.  Arizona's copper lids will have numbers on one side. The jerseys are plain with black at home and all white for away games. So far everyone is wearing basic teamwear. Hopefully they can change it up next year. Failing to get Philadelphia's blue color right is a major fail.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

No, they are not. It's recent film and the CFL and NFL want recent film.

Arena coaches are also bent that some of their players from last season signed with MLFB, which never started this year, but took them out of training Arena camps because they canceled the season on April 1 and those under contract must ask for a release.

Lost in the CFL article was this little tidbit...

The AFL has eight teams this season, but is adding a Washington, D.C., franchise next season, and it very close to a major television network deal with Univision in Mexico, where two more teams are expected to be added.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Viper said:

One of the league's (formerly) stalwart franchises, the Orlando Predators, has suspended operations for next season.

Meanwhile their in-state rivals the Jacksonville Sharks are on the verge of bolting the AFL entirely.

Two teams abandoning ship in one day... this doesn't bode well.

The LA Kiss aren't in the best shape either.

31 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

Sad to see the continue fall of Arena Football

It isn't like the other indoor leagues are thriving.

The IFL just seems to be the most stable and has the least cap cheating.

ADL looks stillborn.

CIF pays guys <$100/game.

X League only lasted a year (2014) and a merger with NAIF failed.

16 hours ago, Viper said:

One of the league's (formerly) stalwart franchises, the Orlando Predators, has suspended operations for next season.

Meanwhile their in-state rivals the Jacksonville Sharks are on the verge of bolting the AFL entirely.

Two teams abandoning ship in one day... this doesn't bode well.

When I saw Orlando suspending operations, that's about the first time I thought that the AFL was dead...even counting the AF1 debacle a few years back.

I'm not sure where the league will go, but this cant be good.

Jacksonville looks like a fit for the ADL.  Not far out of the league footprint.

On 10/13/2016 at 7:41 AM, AstroBull21 said:

When I saw Orlando suspending operations, that's about the first time I thought that the AFL was dead...even counting the AF1 debacle a few years back.

I'm not sure where the league will go, but this cant be good.

Jacksonville looks like a fit for the ADL.  Not far out of the league footprint.

ADL looks even more cash poor. I'm not sure Dayton or N. Kentucky still exists.

31 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

ADL looks even more cash poor. I'm not sure Dayton of N. Kentucky still exists.

If Cleveland, Philadelphia and maybe one other eastern team wanted to jump with them it might be a good fit. But It hink we'll be seeing the ghost of defunct leagues past floating around the team offices soon. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Death to Major INDOOR TIDDLYWINKS! :D

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Cleveland, Philadelphia and maybe one other eastern team wanted to jump with them it might be a good fit. But It hink we'll be seeing the ghost of defunct leagues past floating around the team offices soon. 

Cleveland and DC are just date fillers for their owner's arenas. Philadelphia is such a non factor their home finale and playoff run was moved to Allentown due to the Democratic convention.

Arizona has jumped to the IFL.

ADL shouldn't me mentioned - it won't happen (my prediction).  I could see the team that is starting that league now joining the IFL assuming Jacksonville makes that move.

It's where I sit.

Archived