- pregame shows

- postgame shows

- draft coverage

- trade rumors

- free agency rumors

- sports talk radio

- sportscenter

- espen

- anything other than straight highlights shows. If they start to "analyze" I'm out.

- any sort of premeditated debate

This is basically how I live. 95% of the sports coverage I see... I sought it out. 95% of the music I listen to... I sought it out. It's strange to hear so many people complain about songs being overplayed or too much NFL coverage in this on-demand personalized Internet age.

Things I gave up and sports got way better:

- pregame shows

- postgame shows

- draft coverage

- trade rumors

- free agency rumors

- sports talk radio

- sportscenter

- espen

- anything other than straight highlights shows. If they start to "analyze" I'm out.

- any sort of premeditated debate

This is basically how I live. 95% of the sports coverage I see... I sought it out. 95% of the music I listen to... I sought it out. It's strange to hear so many people complain about songs being overplayed or too much NFL coverage in this on-demand personalized Internet age.

Because it's everywhere. It's not just ESPN, it's every sports media outlet. It's not just from seeking it out, it's from all the people you know going on and on about the NFL like tomorrow's Week 17 in the middle of June either on social media and in person.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

There it is. The offseason went too smoothly, so something like this was bound to happen. At least they got Ginn back and drafted Funchess, but seeing both him and Benjamin playing out there was something I wanted to see. Just expect hella Greg Olsen this year, and that might not be a bad thing. This isn't as season ending as it may seem, but it's still a major setback.

Isn't Reggie Wayne still out there? It's something. Or just pull off some insane trade that sets back the team even more for the future. That's the stuff.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Granted, they weren't facing the same defensive units, but Bryce Petty has outplayed Ryan Fitzpatrick, and it's not even close. Fitzpatrick led the Jets to roughly 60 yards in three offensive drives against the Falcons' 1's, and Petty's moved the ball on the 2's and 3's a bit easily.

Petty should get some looks at running the #1 offensive unit. I think he'll start a game this season before Geno Smith returns.

So about this new PAT procedure....

On the occasion where there's a penalty (on either team), does the kicking team have to stick with whichever conversion attempt they're going with, or can they change it? Listening to the Raiders-Vikings game, and the kicking team committed a holding penalty on the conversion. Defense chose to move them back the 10 yards, making it a 43-yard attempt to get the one point. Can the offensive team opt to try the 2-point conversion from the 12-yard line instead of the 43-yard PAT? I assume they can.

So about this new PAT procedure....

On the occasion where there's a penalty (on either team), does the kicking team have to stick with whichever conversion attempt they're going with, or can they change it? Listening to the Raiders-Vikings game, and the kicking team committed a holding penalty on the conversion. Defense chose to move them back the 10 yards, making it a 43-yard attempt to get the one point. Can the offensive team opt to try the 2-point conversion from the 12-yard line instead of the 43-yard PAT? I assume they can.

Yes, they can change.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000493347/article/nfl-moves-extra-point-to-15yard-line-for-2015-season

NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino said teams could change their attempt decision if a penalty occurs. For instance, if a team chooses to go for two points and is called for an offensive penalty, they could then decide to kick a 1-point try.

IUe6Hvh.png

As someone that's torn a knee ligament before, just about all of these torn ACL's or MCL's is just the final straw for said ligaments. They're almost always likely to have already been strained or weakened or partially torn before it gets completely torn. One thing most doctors will ask you is if you've had some recent knee pain/soreness or if you tweaked it or did anything differently before the tear.

On Friday my neighbors were watching the Seahawks game and reacting to every play like it was a playoff game.

Do any of you guys do that? Watch preseason games with the fervor of an actual game that matters?

PvO6ZWJ.png

On Friday my neighbors were watching the Seahawks game and reacting to every play like it was a playoff game.

Do any of you guys do that? Watch preseason games with the fervor of an actual game that matters?

Every Eagles fan in the Philadelphia area

The only thing worth rooting for in preseason games is that no one gets hurt.

The actual plays, wins and losses don't matter. If you are invested the outcome you should punch yourself in the throat.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived