NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the surprise of no one, the black jerseys get Howie Rose's Seal of Disapproval

Haha, what'd he say this time? We should invite him here.

He had a talk with Neil Best before the game and... yeah

http://www.newsday.com/sports/media/howie-rose-not-a-fan-of-islanders-alternate-black-and-white-jersey-1.11057402

"Gee, what a surprise: a black for black's sake jersey," he said sarcastically before Tuesday night's game. (He later was critical of the uniforms during the telecast itself.)

"First of all, whatever inanity produced the thinking that black and white are Brooklyn colors, all anybody that ridiculously misinformed had to do was just do a search for 'Brooklyn official colors.' They're navy and gold. Navy and gold would have looked fabulous as an Islander alternate. To me, that would have said something.

"It's a money grab. We all know what third jerseys are, and I accept that. I want to make money, too, so I get the initiative. I just take it personally when they're so gratuitously removed from anything relating to the official colors of the team. Maybe I shouldn't, but that's just me.

"I think the design of this is obviously reminiscent of those Stadium Series jerseys, which I thought for an alternate jersey were cool. I loved those. But there's this whole misguided thing that somehow black and white represents Brooklyn. It doesn't represent Brooklyn!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Sharks swept Columbus in 13/14 when made the playoffs. They got swept last year when the Jackets were horrid at the beginning, and lost to them tonight at 2-10. The Sharks have looked pretty uninspired after their 4-0 start.

201010-w-liquor-everclear.jpg

"Now I've got that feeling once again / I can't explain, you would not understand / This is not how I am / I have become comfortably numb"

There is comfortable numbness to Sharks-related disappointments. You always know that they are coming, and it helps to limit your expectations. Still, the throwbacks did look fantastic.

I'm not sure why the Sharks ever stopped wearing their original sweaters. These Heritage ones are just as fantastic with the dark shade of teal - which I could see better on TV than their current shirt-sweaters. Even the old logo still works. Last I heard, Kurz said they were talking to the league to wear them more than initial three times they announced; possibly wearing them in place of those black "leaky-armor" jerseys. However, with the loss, players, when asked "What slowed you down?" they can respond with "Stripes were too heavy." :roll eyes:

Pavelski seemed to do Okay with the extra weight...

Out for 4 to 6 months. Damn that's awful.

What's even worse is that without McDavid, their top foward, it now means that last year's Oilers team is back. If they win another 1st round draft pick, maybe it's time they recruit an elite D-man or goalie for a change. Still, God help us all if that happens.

What's even worse is that without McDavid, their top foward, it now means that last year's Oilers team is back. If they win another 1st round draft pick, maybe it's time they recruit an elite D-man or goalie for a change. Still, God help us all if that happens.

If the Oilers win another top 3 pick, they should have to win a Cup within 3 years or else split the team up & move them to Quebec City & Hartford.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

If the Oilers win another top 3 pick, they should have to win a Cup within 3 years or else split the team up & move them to Quebec City & Hartford.

Hey! What did we ever do to you?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Hey! What did we ever do to you?

Hoarding top draft picks & accomplishing nothing is poor for the league as a whole. Also, the Leafs suck at drafting so I'm entitled somehow.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I'm not sure why the Sharks ever stopped wearing their original sweaters. These Heritage ones are just as fantastic with the dark shade of teal - which I could see better on TV than their current shirt-sweaters. Even the old logo still works. Last I heard, Kurz said they were talking to the league to wear them more than initial three times they announced; possibly wearing them in place of those black "leaky-armor" jerseys. However, with the loss, players, when asked "What slowed you down?" they can respond with "Stripes were too heavy." :roll eyes:

Pavelski seemed to do Okay with the extra weight...

I think it's just one of those things where you have to wear some inferior looks to realize what you really had. Now that they've tested the uniform waters out and realized they're never going to beat what they started with they can revert back to their proper uniform and wear it until we're all dead.

I'm also holding out hope the Jacksonville Jaguars eventually figure this out as well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived