Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

Nike is footing the bill on all of these, the revenue from jersey sales though surpasses the expenses by at least 40% which is what the normal standard for mark up is. I believe Nike's is quite a bit higher though. also the fact that the first run sold out should have made Nike at least break even just there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, elliott said:

yeah i do agree with you, this is such a beautiful look:

tempretrojerseys_3-nfl_mezz_1280_1024-0.

The only objection I ever really had to this uniform was that I've never liked their old logo. The sunburst was a bit too detailed for my taste, and the dolphin isn't very clean in its execution.

With that being said, I felt the modernized 90's version fixed those flaws perfectly and was the much needed "evolution". If you were to take that dolphin, remove the navy and match the aqua shades to the original, and put it on this uniform's helmet? Hoo boy, we're looking at perfection. It's really what I'd hoped they would've done now instead of whatever the current identity is supposed to be.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

My hope is that eventually, teams will be allowed to use certain parts of their Color Rush uniforms for alternate/non-Color Rush use. Like the Fins' orange jerseys, the Bills' red jerseys, the Texans' pants (they go much better with the regular navy jersey) or even the Steelers' black pants for occasional alternate use.

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

My hope is that eventually, teams will be allowed to use certain parts of their Color Rush uniforms for regular use. Like the Fins' orange jerseys, the Bills' red jerseys, the Texans' pants (they go much better with the regular navy jersey) or even the Steelers' black pants for occasional alternate use.

You hush.  I don't want the Packers to even think about it.

37 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

So just to be clear, tonight we're going to have an all-white team with orange helmets taking on an all-orange team with white helmets....should be interesting to see.

yes. the team that usually wears all white will be in orange with a white helmet, and the team that sometimes wears orange will be all white with an orange helmet. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 9/27/2016 at 8:47 PM, aawagner011 said:

Two shots of the Dolphins orange uniforms. The second shot, the orange looks washed out, but the first one looks awesome. Really vibrant color.

IMG_4214.PNG

IMG_4226.JPG

obviously the 2nd picture is treated. our Gameday action desaturates the color. the true color is the same orange that Tennessee (Vols) has

GRAPHIC ARTIST

On 9/28/2016 at 7:49 AM, Old School Fool said:

I don't think anything is stopping them from just ditching the throwbacks after this year and picking up orange again. As much as I like the throwbacks, I don't really want a Brewers situation with them. They just set their identity in stone in 2012 and should stick with it. I feel like it's good enough and is perfect for the new era in Hard Rock Stadium.

we have a saying around here. "good enough sucks" :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

20 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

My hope is that eventually, teams will be allowed to use certain parts of their Color Rush uniforms for alternate/non-Color Rush use. Like the Fins' orange jerseys, the Bills' red jerseys, the Texans' pants (they go much better with the regular navy jersey) or even the Steelers' black pants for occasional alternate use.

That might be a sort of "endgame" here. Uniforms that receive a good reception may be adopted as alts, or even as full-time unis (with certain elements changed). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints adopt their color rush jersey as a full-time away uniform, paired with either gold or black pants. Or the Pats pairing their color rush jersey with white pants and a white helmet.

The Bills red jerseys and Fins orange jerseys seem almost destined to become alternates. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe once every other year for them. And never at home.

But some teams have new jerseys or pants that would be fine as alternates. Forgot to mention the Bills (pants), Colts (pants), Cowboys (jersey), Lions (jersey or pants), Panthers (pants), Saints (just base a re-design around their Color Rush), or Seahawks (pants and jersey but not together) have elements that would be fine alternates.

44 minutes ago, kroywen said:

That might be a sort of "endgame" here. Uniforms that receive a good reception may be adopted as alts, or even as full-time unis (with certain elements changed). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints adopt their color rush jersey as a full-time away uniform, paired with either gold or black pants. Or the Pats pairing their color rush jersey with white pants and a white helmet.

The Bills red jerseys and Fins orange jerseys seem almost destined to become alternates. 

I agree. Some feel like a trial balloon.

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I hope the Packers have more sense than that, but I do agree with BJ Sands' sentiment. Most Color Rush™ uniform elements aren't bad in and of themselves, but the one-base-color-everything-from-neck-to-toe (while ignoring the helmet because Goodell and Co. care so much about the players or something) is too much (as we all know). Hopefully, the league would have more sense than this and tones back the Color Rush™ program to these elements, but then again, we've seen just how much the league cares about player well-being. *cough*Cam Newton Week 1*cough* #BecauseReasons #Narratives #DefendingTheShield

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

43 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

But some teams have new jerseys or pants that would be fine as alternates. Forgot to mention the Bills (pants), Colts (pants), Cowboys (jersey), Lions (jersey or pants), Panthers (pants), Saints (just base a re-design around their Color Rush), or Seahawks (pants and jersey but not together) have elements that would be fine alternates.

In my Madden franchise I play as the Jaguars. Using the gold jerseys with white pants and black socks is actually a pretty solid look I think. At the very least, it is better than any look that uses their black pants or black jerseys lol. 

IMG_1359.JPG

3 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The Bengals wearing white with black elements, only to have a bright orange helmet, looks utterly ridiculous. They couldn't have scheduled Cincinnati's TNF game for any other opponent? 

I thought they were just going for the white tiger look, regardless of who their opponent was.

I kind of like both of these. Cincy's normal white jerseys suck. These have better numbers and no yoke. Overall it being less busy is really great. 

The Dolphins no longer sport much orange and their new aqua is inferior to the old shade. I'm not saying this look is better than their normal look but it's nice to see something different. I think white socks with an aqua stripe that matches the helmet stripe would be a better touch. 

Archived