2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

5 hours ago, Icedog2735 said:

The other night in the game vs the Ducks when they unveiled all of the 50th anniversary plans, Comcast Philly had a commercial with a similar promo with Giroux wearing the jersey it appears he's wearing in the photo above.  It was more of a side on photo at the shoulder and I could have sworn that it was clear that the orange was just a shoulder yoke with a white uniform underneath.  Can't remember if there was a black dividing stripe similar to the 80s-90s jerseys and of course I've since deleted the game from my DVR so I can't come up with a screen shot.

Stop at the :20 mark

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, if you look at the second half of the 19 second mark, literally right after the logo graphic, you can see that there's white at the left. That orange is either a big shoulder yoke, or the sleeves are white, or it's the return of that beveled third jersey. I can't discern anything else new from that footage, but there's definitely white sleevage going on.

...what would people do if they had a gold outline on the logo or something crazy like that? As a Pens fan, I'd enjoy watching that chaos lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It does look remarkably similar to the beveled third jerseys from years ago.  Perhaps they are bringing the template back and replacing silver with gold.  Unpopular opinion, but I always thought those uniforms were pretty sharp aside from the logo.

Nice for a one-off but I would grow tired of those jerseys real fast if they ever hypothetically came back for good. Black, mess of a logo, Germany colours with no linkage to Vancouver etc

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

4 hours ago, Morgo said:

It does look remarkably similar to the beveled third jerseys from years ago.  Perhaps they are bringing the template back and replacing silver with gold.  Unpopular opinion, but I always thought those uniforms were pretty sharp aside from the logo.

I liked the design too, other than the logo.

It's just that the Flyers have to have colored shoulders and sleeves.  Anything else just doesn't look right to me.

I hate that it looks like they're adding gold, but if it's just for this one-off jersey then whatever.  Maybe make the puck inside the logo gold if they have to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was reading that the Las Vegas expansion team was going to be black, gold, grey. The owner went to Army or is a big fan. He wants to be the Black Knights but will put it to a vote. Does Quebec have colors or a name for their team? Is this really going to happen in 2017?

I went w/ the Caps, I chose them last Fri. got my stuff today. I heard it's not front running because they've never won and only been to 1 Cup final in 1998. The HB board gave me more insight on who has better farm system, depth, along w/ the ones that blew all of theirs to get the win now guys.

12746178_10205655996507615_1700394381_n.

Looks like it is going to be Oilers vs Jets in Winnipeg for an outdoor game next year some time in October.  Didn't say it was the Heritage Classic, though.  The Leafs might get that game.  These Winnipeg Jets aren't the WHA Winnipeg Jets, but I wonder if both teams might throw back to the WHA days if it is the Heritage Classic or they are going to the retro jersey route.

Jimharrison.jpg

m_1976WpgJets.jpg

14 minutes ago, M4One said:

Looks like it is going to be Oilers vs Jets in Winnipeg for an outdoor game next year some time in October.  Didn't say it was the Heritage Classic, though.  The Leafs might get that game.  These Winnipeg Jets aren't the WHA Winnipeg Jets, but I wonder if both teams might throw back to the WHA days if it is the Heritage Classic or they are going to the retro jersey route.

Jimharrison.jpg

m_1976WpgJets.jpg

Or maybe the Jets will get a design inspired by their 90's uniforms too,

15 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Does Quebec have colors or a name for their team?

Well considering there's been an ongoing "Bring Back Les Nordiques" mouvment for years now over here, we know for sure what the name is going to be. ^_^

The colors most likely royal blue, white, and red. Maybe an addition of navy somewhere or a combination of new and old colors. But I don't see any drastic color changes for the new team.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Well considering there's been an ongoing "Bring Back Les Nordiques" mouvment for years now over here, we know for sure what the name is going to be. ^_^

The colors most likely royal blue, white, and red. Maybe an addition of navy somewhere or a combination of new and old colors. But I don't see any drastic color changes for the new team.

so the same logo too? I hope not.

I don't see them going with the exact 79-95 logo. Possibly a modernized version of that. But something new with a few ties to the past is not out of possibility.

They'll need to get it right though, to avoid a big backlash.

Archived