2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, good on you, Morgo. Not many people on the internet will admit when they're wrong/shouldn't have said something, so props for that. You're not a bad guy, but you tend to go a bit overboard at times. More of a general statement, but the most painful discussions here are when people get overly riled up about things, because at that point, the thread stops being fun & enjoyable and instead turns into a giant headache. Just reel it in a bit, and things will go a lot smoother.

Yeah, good on you, Morgo. Not many people on the internet will admit when they're wrong/shouldn't have said something, so props for that. You're not a bad guy, but you tend to go a bit overboard at times.

I've already overreacted a couple of times on the internet too and said things I shouldn't have said. We have to be careful as to what we say, especially when we frequently use the account from which we are posting. Over here, users are supposed to get warnings before disciplinary actions. Not every social network outlet gives people a chance to redeem themselves if I make one mistake.

I'm terribly torn on Ottawa. I like the heritage stuff and love the link to the old Senators. I'm totally fine with a team honoring their city's history in that sport in whatever way they want.

But dang it, the 90's Senators wore one of my favorite sets in hockey history and I've wanted them to just go back to 'em really bad. And burn anything featuring the frontal-profile Senator, because that never, ever graced a good uniform.

I guess I'll just file Ottawa under "wear whatever so long as it looks awesome" in the 'ol file cabinet and let it play out.

With you on that one, man. I love the ol' barberpole look, and I love their first expansion look as well. Though, I do actually kinda like what they have now too, I just wish they had a hemstripe of some sort.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I've always enjoyed pretending that Morgo and Orgo are the split-personalities of the same person.

I'd tell you where I got my name from, but it's a really lame story.

For now I'll enjoy the fact that I'm here long enough to gain an iota of recognition in the boards for doing absolutely nothing!

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

anyone else know why calgary wears their socks the way they do? Their regular pair has a striping pattern that would work better with their third jersey, and their third jersey socks would work better with their home jersey.

Jersey socks would work better without any of their jerseys.

But i guess players going topless is against league policy.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I've always enjoyed pretending that Morgo and Orgo are the split-personalities of the same person.

For now I'll enjoy the fact that I'm here long enough to gain an iota of recognition in the boards for doing absolutely nothing!

For what it's worth, the Orgo side is whose opinion I typically found myself agreeing with. :D

Flames23.png

When oh when is my team going to do something about this mess... It's so frustrating because if they had used the standalone black 'C' on the alternate, it would have been a good stepping stone towards phasing out the first edge look. The striping isn't quite as good as the pre-edge look but it's close enough. They fixed the sock striping, got rid of the piping, added a strong secondary logo and adapted a more legible number font. Not saying it would make them among the leagues best but at least it would bring them back to respectability.

Archived