College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

On 3/11/2016 at 2:22 PM, djam2410 said:

Possible new chrome lids for Georgia State.

Love the shade of blue

CdSO7_nUkAATAf5.jpg'

Tulane with new uniforms possibly

CcZB_gnWEAAicBG.jpg

CcZEhIpUsAA_kju.jpg

How did nike manage to make a look that should be awesome look so bad? It looks so god damn cheap, like the unis are made of material that would tear like paper. They look like high school unis.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

How did nike manage to make a look that should be awesome look so bad? It looks so god damn cheap, like the unis are made of material that would tear like paper. They look like high school unis.

I was thinking the same thing. Those jerseys could be so good yet they look so cheap as you say. Everything seems to be a couple of sizes too small. The stripes, the wordmark and the numbers all need a click of the enlarge button. 

17 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Tulane is one of the few schools who have both a unique AND great color scheme.

That's how I feel about Wyoming, too, although some people can't stand the brown.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 3/4/2016 at 2:41 PM, j'villejags said:

okst-11-12-allorange-richardrowe-675x380
okstate2.jpg

Haven't been on the boards much for a while, so I didn't get to participate in the OK State discussion, but I just wanted to say I'm severely disappointed that their redesign seems to have been focused on the stripes, which to me were the most amazing feature of their now old set. OK State and Texas Tech had what I considered perfect modern stripes, but it looks like the design focus has drifted even further away from trying to come up with striping to fit modern sleeves towards just using fill patterns. Not a fan.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

On February 5, 2016 at 8:11 AM, 14er said:

I know there's only so many ways to render a cat, but the new alternate UK logo looks like a cross breed of UNI and Montana State. 

4486_northern_iowa_panthers-partial-2002

6784_montana_state_bobcats-primary-2013.

As a Montana State alum and former employee of the football team, I'm convinced that Texas State somehow copied our logo for theirs.

Notice how the bottom around the neck, the ears, the mouth, and even the back end of the logo all look similar. The MSU bobcat logo here came out in 1997, while the TSU logo came out in 2003. I really think that they drew inspiration from MSU for their logo. Even with our modern logo, you can still see similarities. 

3048_montana_state_bobcats-alternate-1997.png

hfiohfg4thrpxlb9r8o2qkuee.png

South Carolina holding Spring Practice and showing off a new variation on the garnet lid, which hadn't been seen for 16 years until the final game of last season against Clemson. This version does not feature the traditional white circle around the Gamecock Block C.

NEW:

CdnZ-gFWIAUl7SI.jpg

OLD:

med_gallery_2_57_7400.jpeg

I enjoyed when Wyoming used gold and brown rather than the yellow, even though may look like Western Michigan, Brown and gold comes off as just that "western" fits the Cowboy persona as dreary plain colors. I've never seen a Cowboy wear bright yellow, except for Woody in Toy Story.

31 minutes ago, jsr862 said:

I enjoyed when Wyoming used gold and brown rather than the yellow, even though may look like Western Michigan, Brown and gold comes off as just that "western" fits the Cowboy persona as dreary plain colors. I've never seen a Cowboy wear bright yellow, except for Woody in Toy Story.

Brown and yellow looks fantastic. IMO looks just as "westerny" as brown and gold. On a similar but different note, Western Michigan needs to get their s*** together. They have a beautiful chocolate brown and Carmel gold color scheme, but where crap like they did this year (sorry no pics).

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Brown and yellow looks fantastic. IMO looks just as "westerny" as brown and gold. On a similar but different note, Western Michigan needs to get their s*** together. They have a beautiful chocolate brown and Carmel gold color scheme, but where crap like they did this year (sorry no pics).

That's for the best. It's like they decided to try every uniform adidas makes and then let a 5 year old design them. I think they have 5 different number fonts and that hideous RTB design on the back of one of the  three white jerseys they have as well as the oars on the shoulders manure and the tusks design that was ditched by the rest of adidas in 2002. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I agree, brown and yellow are the best?Sorry,had to take the opportunity!!

images.png

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On March 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM, rickyISking said:

Good idea to go sans circle for the garnet helmet. I understand the need for the circle, but it just looked so terrible.

For one thing, the white circle and striping was a throwback design from the post-Morrison days. Sparky Woods changed the striping in 1989 after Joe Morrison's death.  I admit the garnet should stay, but the circle "highlighted" the "C" better, imo. 

Archived