College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

53 minutes ago, Harmening said:

So they have a paw print on the collar, a paw print patch directly below that, and two paw prints on the shoulders?

Blech.

The top paw is part of the undershirt not the jersey itself, there is only one paw print on the v of the collar.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's the lighting from the picture, but it looks as if the orange team from the upstate changed their orange to a shade that is similar to Texas'.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

5 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

I know it's the lighting from the picture, but it looks as if the orange team from the upstate changed their orange to a shade that is similar to Texas'.

Definitely just the lighting. If you look at the pic of the away jersey, then you can tell the orange is the same. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Just now, Griffinmarlins said:

Definitely just the lighting. I doubt Clemson wouldn't pay attention to the jersey color when ordering these. 

I would hope and assume so.  It would be awful to see a team of their magnitude to be playing nationally-televised games with mismatching oranges. 

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

South Carolina showed off some of their combos in a video on their twitter. Looks like they HOPEFULLY wont have the feather helmet and just have three helmets (garnet/white/black) with the C logo & Gamecock

Garnet and Black have different striping than the white helmet which may bother some of you

2016-04-09 14_47_04-Gamecock Football on Twitter_ _Take a look at the uniform combos for this season.png

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

14 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Garnet and Black have different striping than the white helmet which may bother some of you

Or depending how you look at it, from a color aspect at least, the black helmet has different striping than the garnet & white helmets

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Clemson today didn't wear the new uniforms, but they did play the video for the set today at the game. The team itself hasn't posted the video yet, but the only changes that we've seen were shown. Specifically, larger numbers, the return of the paw on the shoulder, and the numbers on the sleeve. There were some preliminary sketches shown at the beginning, one of the more memorable being one with the helmet stripe on the sleeves. I'll be sure to post the video once it becomes available online.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Not uniform related, but the Toledo Rockets are currently installing new field turf. According to the article below, changes will be minimal. Sounds like the bench areas will now be navy blue, and the field numbers will be outlined in blue. Aside from that, it doesn't sound like much will change.

Very minor news, but i figured I'd share.

GlassBowlUpdated.jpg.ashx?preset=medium.

http://utrockets.com/news/2016/3/24/football-new-fieldturf-surface-to-be-installed-at-glass-bowl.aspx

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I know it matches their look from the 80s, but the orange-white-orange stripe on the white pants really bothers me. It should be purple-orange-purple to match the helmet and other pants.

1 hour ago, LEWJ said:

Buffalo is (thankfully) dropping its "State University of New York" wordmark. Looks like a new "spirit mark" as well.

14890_athletics_logot.jpg

http://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2016/04/ub-athletics-logo-will-once-again-prominently-feature-buffalo-not-new-york

Hopefully this means new uniforms instead of simply ripping the patches off the front of the old uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Better photos of the Clemson uniforms. Look like the pants striping has remained the same...only pants I haven't seen are the white ones. I'm curious because the website they launched them on referenced these being a throwback to the 1981 set but those had different striping. Given the orange and purple pants stripes remained the same, I'm assuming the whites did, too.

I'm definitely a fan. Always loved the paws on the shoulders and missed them when they moved them to the sleeves. The collar logo is a little redundant. Could have been an opportunity to include the Clemson "C" logo.

12970762_1072285452793114_1524098201258934781_o.jpg

12473954_1072284939459832_2641943523306589990_o.jpg

12977152_1072284992793160_4097599680793430657_o.jpg

12977011_1072285389459787_4991470292638125023_o.jpg

12968126_1072285426126450_7633062098899269835_o.jpg

12967439_1072285472793112_7609028343240016385_o.jpg

12977152_1072285252793134_2275683604260666607_o.jpg

Didn't realize Clemson even had any other logos besides the Paw .. pretty great brand but with the way Nike has been giving team's new secondary logos i'm surprised they didnt use it or include an updated version

I'm guessing this is that C logo ? 

baseball_c_1.png?v=1341346017

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

My take is that the C logo isn't strong enough to put on such a small application. It works on a baseball hat, but not so much as a small 1x1" patch. This is where a secondary logo like maybe a tiger head would work nicely, but after seeing what happened with Kentucky this is fine.

The fanbase has been overwhelming positive and on board with this new set, and I am too.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

8 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Didn't realize Clemson even had any other logos besides the Paw...

I'm guessing this is that C logo ? 

baseball_c_1.png?v=1341346017

Doubtful.... that one is mainly used by the baseball team. 

I think the one he's referring to is the one on the caps of all the assistant coaches.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived