College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not shown here, but USC has updated the primary Tommy Trojan that is not used on the helmets and listed black and white as secondary colors.

I liked the primary Tommy Trojan logo...hope to find a pic of the new one.  

Maybe they'll use the new Tommy Trojan for one season on the helmet in 2017 like they did in '92?

EDIT: Here is the link - was this already posted and I missed it?  The changes are (again) underwhelming.  There are 4 different fonts used in the new "evolved" branding...the USC/TROJANS main marks are one font; "Athletics" is a different font; the interconnected regular SC and baseball SC are two additional fonts.  Ugh.  And add to it the new, simplified Tommy Trojan logo which really doesn't hold a candle to a concept made by CCSLC member rentz 5+ years ago.

SC's new branding  

11869977.jpeg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This story from the UCF Rivals.com site has a photo of a new prototype gold helmet for UCF that Scott Frost showed at a booster event yesterday. UCF is supposed to get 4 new helmets for this year (black, white, gold, 'pewter') and full new uni sets to match. Nike is supposedly doing exclusive designs for UCF (like they did for Frost's former school)

deuruzpvigwytbf7pkbq.jpg

For someone who is not an oversized logo on the helmet fan, that is tolerable. I am scared of the word "exclusive" when it comes to Nike designing the unis for UCF. I think most of the stuff that Nike has designed recently has been pretty bad.  

4 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

For someone who is not an oversized logo on the helmet fan, that is tolerable. I am scared of the word "exclusive" when it comes to Nike designing the unis for UCF. I think most of the stuff that Nike has designed recently has been pretty bad.  

Did you see what ucf was wearing before?

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Maybe they'll use the new Tommy Trojan for one season on the helmet in 2017 like they did in '92?

EDIT: Here is the link - was this already posted and I missed it?  The changes are (again) underwhelming.  There are 4 different fonts used in the new "evolved" branding...the USC/TROJANS main marks are one font; "Athletics" is a different font; the interconnected regular SC and baseball SC are two additional fonts.  Ugh.  And add to it the new, simplified Tommy Trojan logo which really doesn't hold a candle to a concept made by CCSLC member rentz 5+ years ago.

SC's new branding  

11869977.jpeg

You know your rebranding exercise has failed when the word "however" is included multiple times in your press release. 

I'm sure nike is taking all the credit for unifying the SC athletic brand with the only exceptions being their 3 strongest programs which are keeping their own identities. But hey they will have some awesome new templated soccer uniforms, swim caps, and letterhead.

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

SC's new branding  

11869977.jpeg

Could be heresy but I'd prefer that on their helmets than the version they currently use.

4 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Cal is switching to Under Armour... please excuse me as I go cry in the corner :(

CgqSuMhUUAAbRSy.jpg

Look at the bright side. Maybe they'll finally get Cal over using the giant collars on all their uniforms. Under Armour won't be bad for them. It could be Adidas. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

Look at the bright side. Maybe they'll finally get Cal over using the giant collars on all their uniforms. Under Armour won't be bad for them. It could be Adidas. 

I think as long as they aren't trying to get too creative it a version similar to what they have now with a few changes here and there would work.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived