College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I know I'm late, but I hate hate hate the new Purdue uniforms.  I HATE when uniforms aren't uniform!  If you want to have multiple helmets, fine... but at least match the striping on them, at least match the decals between them.  If you want to have 3 shirts and 3 pants, fine... but again, at least be consistent with stuff... so they have a white, black, and a dirty white/light gray with dark gray on top?

When I originally read that they were putting something on the yokes, I was hoping they were going in the direction Clemson went with their new uniforms.  I was hoping they would have some sort of subtle cowcatcher or something going across... gray on both the white and black so it didn't become an eyesore.  These are a big downgrade.  I guess it separates them from Vandy and Colorado... but not in a good way.

I'm fine with the white helmet having different logos as long as it's the train logo on both sides, not numbers on one and the train on the other.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nuordr said:

In addition to your list, the pants should have the same stripes on them as the helmets. 

I used to consider that make or break.  I used to demand teams match the pants, helmet, and shoulder stripes, all together.  I thought it was lazy, otherwise.

However, being part of this forum, I've come to adjust... as long as 2 of the 3 pieces of the uniform match, I'm OK with it.  I look at Iowa's uniforms, I look at Ohio State's from the CFP 2 years ago, and those were such amazing looks... the helmet and pants match, and then the shoulders are something different.  Even if the pants and shirt match and the helmet is different, or the helmet and shirt match and the pants are different... it at least shows some consistency.

My issue is when the helmet has 1 stripe design, the jersey has another, and the pants of a third stripe design.  What's the point?  It looks sloppy.

I'm fine with the white helmet having different logos as long as it's the train logo on both sides, not numbers on one and the train on the other.

I want teams to be uniform.  Its a uniform.  If they want to have 1 uniform be a special 1-off... fine, I get it, its 2016, everyone needs to eat.  I HATE the logo on 1 side, number on the other look.

On 4/16/2016 at 4:45 PM, Clintau24 said:

I like the idea of using the train motif, but they've done a poor job of implementing it this whole time. The train track helmet stripe seems a tweak or two away from being decent. The cowcatcher shoulders are, again, nice in theory, pitiful in application. Wouldn't be that bad if you could, ya know, see them on every jersey. Lack of pant stripes from Nike is really getting to bug me. We could quite literally swap pants from a very high percentage of Nike schools and no one would know the difference.

I feel like even if this wasn't on the Vapor Untouchable template, just maybe sublimating the cowcatcher design on the shoulders, numbers on the sleeves, pants stripes and the same logo on the sides of the helmet would go a long way in making Purdue's unis better. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The whole uniform just gives off a feeling of "decent idea, extremely rushed." I don't know why Nike continues to rush these uniforms into production, but it's tiring. These things spend so little time on the drawing board, per say, and too much emphasis is put on the photo shoot.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Is it me, or does the USC running back's helmet look matte based on the reflection of the light?  Maybe #94's helmet is matte too?   It doesn't have the same shine as the QB's helmet.  

95% chance I'm seeing something that doesn't exist, but I can't help but see matte.

750x422

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Could just be a practice lid, too. I know Nebraska and other teams I've seen have some less-glossy lids for scrimmage, so I'm guessing maybe the same here? It definitely DOES look different, but I'm not convinced that it's not just a throwaway helmet.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

14 hours ago, dont care said:

Looks like that satin finish or what ever it's called to me.

It could be a sample where they are experimenting with new finishes. It also looks like the oregon satin/anodized finish to me as well.

3 hours ago, WizKid said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEOxl1PsUPG/?hl=en

Meanwhile on the HBCU circuit, Delaware State signs with Nike. Hoping that these mockups aren't the finished product though...

It's not the worst look out there but it would be better without the number gradients.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I just realized that the Mountaineers have achieved the unthinkable: created a practice uniform that looks better than their actual uniform.

Practice (no black!!):  Cgf72tqUAAM5zOU.jpg

That oughta be the only home uniform they have.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I just realized that the Mountaineers have achieved the unthinkable: created a practice uniform that looks better than their actual uniform.

Practice (no black!!):  Cgf72tqUAAM5zOU.jpg

Gameday (black accents ):  JordanThompson_2014_0.jpg?itok=_Rz6X_SN

Just make the face mask blue. I would also keep the other two helmets.

IxkieML.png

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:15 PM, WSU151 said:

Is it me, or does the USC running back's helmet look matte based on the reflection of the light?  Maybe #94's helmet is matte too?   It doesn't have the same shine as the QB's helmet.  

95% chance I'm seeing something that doesn't exist, but I can't help but see matte.

750x422

Not shown here, but USC has updated the primary Tommy Trojan that is not used on the helmets and listed black and white as secondary colors.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived