2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

5 hours ago, Fishplatter said:

It's sad. O heavenly Father, please pray and guide him. O heavenly father. 

Kevin-Hart-Really-GIF.gif

Crownking, you're boring us. Troll harder, and troll better. Spam images, attack other board members, do something to draw clicks to the thread. There's no point in trolling if you don't go all the way with it. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Looks like A-Rod could be retiring at the end of the year....11am press conference Sunday morning.

Just go away, A-Rod. Nobody cares enough for you to hold a press conference.

22 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Ichiro gets his 3000th hit on a triple.  Wonder if that's ever been done before.

Paul Molitor's was a triple.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Between seeing Griffey's number being retired (the first in Mariners' history), Ichiro getting to 3000 hits and the M's bringing the broom to the Angels, I say it's been a good weekend.

5 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Between seeing Griffey's number being retired (the first in Mariners' history), Ichiro getting to 3000 hits and the M's bringing the broom to the Angels, I say it's been a good weekend.

Even better than last weekend? :D

6uXNWAo.png

After a bit of a hiatus I'm happy to announce today that I will have another series of articles coming out over the next few months through the Hardball Times relating to an ongoing project I've been working on for over two years now, the first of which I think will be of particular interest to fans of the Baltimore Orioles.

While the concept I'm writing about isn't anything original and has been done plenty of times before, some of the twists I have thrown in as well as the sheer depth makes this unique from anything I have found written about this subject and I'm not just referring to similar articles on Bleacher Report.

This wasn't a two year project in the sense that it was two years between start and finish. This is a two year project in the sense that I've spent 2-3 hours a day, 4-5 days a week working on this for the past two years. Obsessive? Perhaps, but having this work published over not just one, but what will be a series of articles for a site that is as high profile and respected in the Sabermetric community as the Hardball Times gives me a great feeling of vindication for the amount of effort I put into this.

Unfortunately I don't have a date yet for when the first article in the series will be released. I'm lucky if I get 48 hours of notification before its actually published myself, but it has been submitted and I've already had some back and forth banter with the editor about it. Thus far I've been consistently blown away by the quality of the questions that both he and some of the other people I've shown this to have asked and when the audience you're trying to reach is asking the type of questions you hope they would ask without guidance, that's when you know you've done your job as an author.

Archived