Is this the worst specialty jersey ever?

hockey week

The Muskegon Lumberjacks unveiled their Beach Night jerseys, and they're hysterical. Truly hysterical. I don't know if they're truly awful, like those Quad City Mallards cowboy jerseys, or brilliantly funny like the DEL's recent lederhosen jerseys.

What say you all?

10413438_847485015378363_422417067086466

Personally, I think it's the most embarrassing jersey a hockey player could wear, it depends on how good your sense of humor could be.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hockey week said:

The Muskegon Lumberjacks unveiled their Beach Night jerseys, and they're hysterical. Truly hysterical. I don't know if they're truly awful, like those Quad City Mallards cowboy jerseys, or brilliantly funny like the DEL's recent lederhosen jerseys.

What say you all?

Personally, I think it's the most embarrassing jersey a hockey player could wear, it depends on how good your sense of humor could be.

Hideous, but I guess I'll give them points for creativity.  When you talk about having a sense of humor, I wonder if there are any non-white guys on the team?

Missed opportunity with the white numbers. Could have made them black and look like tattoos.

(sidenote, I know the kid on the right. He played for my Junior B team last year)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

All I can say is to this, wow way too ugly but I wonder how that is done properly... whoever thought this up must be thinking something different but the end result might not be what was wanted for the jersey... still, it was a cool looking jersey but why that theme?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I think there has been a lot of push, thanks to shells replacing pants for most teams, because pants are expensive and doing one-offs would be very costly, but with shells, it's as easy as a pair of socks.

Braehead Clan, in Scotland, did this with a kilt effect

4512711.jpg?type=article-full Braehead-Clan-full-jersey.jpg

and I think the Deutsches Eishockey Liga in Germany started the trend in Munich:

oktoberfestjerseys.jpg

and then other teams followed suit:

gepa_full_5149_gepa-22091347110.jpg munichgermany21sep14-ice-hockey-del-deut 

43 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Not the worst but still pretty bad. Doesn't the guy on the right look like Jack O'Callahan from Miracle on Ice?

He looks more like Erik Haula...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/11/2016 at 5:05 PM, hockey week said:

What say you all?

Embarrassing. Especially for the one fan in the stands who is still wearing this monstrosity in eight years thinking he's the coolest guy in school. Specialty jerseys have officially "jumped the shark".

On 11.03.2016 at 2:05 AM, hockey week said:

What say you all?

Very intriguing uniforms, It looks ugly, but in other way had something special.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, youcan'tseeme said:

So he'd had have arms and legs that were white? 

Honest question, would it be better or worse if they had a black-skinned version for an African-American player?

Worse because it singles him out

Better because it's more accurate

and I'm sure I'm missing many more nuances to this issue.

I'm sure he'd laugh and people would have some good natured fun with it because not everyone is an oversensitive ass when it comes to race...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived