The Sports Media Thread

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I remember this!

The AL East had been won by six different teams in the six previous seasons. To think that Cleveland was going to make it a full 7-for-7 was seductive.

The Clevelands were pretty solid in 1986. If memory serves, they won 84 games and looked to be on the upswing, but it was obvious two weeks into the '87 season that wasn't going to the case. They were abysmal in 1987.

BB52Big.jpg

This mag was my thing as a pre-teen! Before the world was saturated with the internet and sports 24/7, there was this hitting my mailbox once a month.

RIP SI. RIP.

GEPw4d7W4AA8hAQ?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

This is the SI I ever bought for myself:
montreal-expos-vladimir-guerrero-may-01-

I was a huge Vlad fan in the late 90s. I was hoping for big things for him and the Montreal Expos.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

This mag was my thing as a pre-teen! Before the world was saturated with the internet and sports 24/7, there was this hitting my mailbox once a month.

RIP SI. RIP.

GEPw4d7W4AA8hAQ?format=png&name=900x900

My childhood bedroom was absolutely covered with their posters, and their cards were the start of my trading card collection. Good times. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see the Arizona Diamondbacks signing a deal with Scripps Sports and airing all their regionally televised TV games at Arizona 61, which airs the Arizona Coyotes' regionally televised games, but D-Backs' regional rights were assigned to MLB Local Media.

15 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

ESPN, FOX Sports, TNT form Voltron for new sports streaming venture. This is huge. 

They all feel threatened with Amazon investing in (and eventually buying) Bally's Sports so like the networks did with Hulu (as an answer to Netflix) they want to create something that combats that.

10 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

They all feel threatened with Amazon investing in (and eventually buying) Bally's Sports so like the networks did with Hulu (as an answer to Netflix) they want to create something that combats that.

Funny thing is Hulu started out bring a joint venture with basically the same owners except Comcast instead of WB

There’s a reason we don’t let kids drive, vote, drink or any other activity adults can do because they aren’t capable of fully comprehending potentially life-altering decisions. It would be an entirely different story if UnDeadSpin was covering an adult doing this. Maybe there would be some value in covering that. Going after a child like that regardless of what they’re doing is disgusting. Let the kid grow up to be a screwup. I’d ask why it’s so hard but it’s obvious that stupidity isn’t the issue. Malice is.

Edited by Red Comet

Does Carron Phillips have to sit out for a while because of this or are they gonna let him put on his dashiki and complain about Kevin Stefanski?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, Red Comet said:

There’s a reason we don’t let kids drive, vote, drink or any other activity adults can do because they aren’t capable of fully comprehending potentially life-altering decisions. It would be an entirely different story if UnDeadSpin was covering an adult doing this. Maybe there would be some value in covering that. Going after a child like that regardless of what they’re doing is disgusting. Let the kid grow up to be a screwup. I’d ask why it’s so hard but it’s obvious that stupidity isn’t the issue. Malice is.

What "life-altering decision" did the kid make? Painting his face?🤨 Not to mention, the kid is actually part Native American.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McCall said:

What "life-altering decision" did the kid make? Painting his face?🤨 Not to mention, the kid is actually part Native American.

That shouldn’t have been a life-altering decision. Some asshat with an agenda and a platform willing to let him made it one. I should’ve said this is why we don’t allow kids to be held as responsible as adults but I also may have had a glass too many. 

I personally hope this family goes Hulkamania on Neo-Gawker.