Las Vegas NHL Expansion

ShinyHubCaps

3 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Before anyone posts this claiming it's the new logo, it has already been debunked by a few as nothing more than a fan concept:

Cx0PyykWEAIjYKh.jpg 

Giant cactus in the background... Clearly designed by someone who's never been to the region.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, joekono said:

I know this isn't a nightmare but I still can't believe Las Vegas is getting an NHL team. What happened to Quebec,Hamilton or Seattle. They would be much better for the league. I'm from New Jersey and I can't believe how Canada got screwed out of getting another team. Sorry, just ranting!

Its been six months since Vegas got awarded the team. Time to let it go.

Texas.gif

9 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Before anyone posts this claiming it's the new logo, it has already been debunked by a few as nothing more than a fan concept:

Cx0PyykWEAIjYKh.jpg 

At first glance I like it, but after looking at it carefully I'm glad it's not the logo because I'm getting a strong Marvin the Martian vibe from this, especially the eye.

Anyone who would mistake this logo for professional deserves to be misled... major flub on the hand, which suggests a second knight handing the first one a stick.

13 hours ago, joekono said:

What happened to Quebec

They have a new arena ready to go, built with the intention of getting a new team in town. They'll probably end up with one sooner or later.

Hamilton

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the short answer is: neither Toronto or Buffalo want a team there.

Seattle

They almost got the Coyotes before Clown College Glendale City Council voted to keep them in town in 2013. Even then they're still trying to get an arena deal done so that could kinda sorta be problematic.

I can't believe how Canada got screwed out of getting another team

Winnipeg.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I think simply Vegas Knights would be fine, really.  

Yup. That's what I was hoping for. Simple and effective.

The only cool thing about this for me is that I work at a sporting goods store in Vegas, so I might catch a glimpse of the new gear when that time comes.

44 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Well if it's part of their color scheme it's not BFBS...

My point, Mr. Pedantic, is that it shouldnt even be a part of their scheme.  Las Vegas has almost limitless possibilities of color and design, and we're going to get retreaded schlock because originality in NHL uniform design is dead. 

They'll have black because it's "kewl" or because Foley has a hard on for West Point. Regardless of the fact that their two closest geographical rivals will have similar schemes and colors. 

15 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

My point, Mr. Pedantic, is that it shouldnt even be a part of their scheme.  Las Vegas has almost limitless possibilities of color and design, and we're going to get retreaded schlock because originality in NHL uniform design is dead. 

They'll have black because it's "kewl" or because Foley has a hard on for West Point. Regardless of the fact that their two closest geographical rivals will have similar schemes and colors. 

*and/or

1 hour ago, TheRatPack said:

Ya the dozen or 10000 that voted in various polls :)

I voted for ketchup as my favorite potato chips flavor in a poll last week. Does that makes me a hardcore chips fan? Not really, my doctor doesn't even let me buy some... I'll reserve judgement until these guys actually pay top dollars to support a bottom feeder (which should be the case for their first seasons). Answering an Internet poll isn't really a commitment...

If London had problems with Knights, and Army had problems with Black Knights, couldn't Clarkson have a problem with Golden Knights?

990px-Clarkson_Golden_Knights.svg.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived