MasterCard New Logo 2016

TVIXX

5 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't like how there's no text in the icon; it feels empty.

What I was thinking too. The empty circles look odd without the text that was always there. But the change makes sense and putting aside that minor quirk, it's a decent modern upgrade.

It's about time. That old logo was so terribly dated (and the confusing MasterCard Worldwide logo they were using recently just muddled the brand, and was ugly to boot).

Really like the new design, overall. Very crisp and clean.

I said it with Google and I'll say it with this...You're the big dog in the room. You know it, I know it, literally the entire planet knows it. Stop using all lowercase letters in your logo like you're some precious tech startup.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

26 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I said it with Google and I'll say it with this...You're the big dog in the room. You know it, I know it, literally the entire planet knows it. Stop using all lowercase letters in your logo like you're some precious tech startup.

Marketing a company to seem big and dominant makes more sense for a small company trying to seem important than it does for a huge conglomerate trying to connect with individuals. This logo is simpler and less imposing, which was the entire point.

Are we still in the era where we go back to classic logos? If so, I think the 1979 version is the best iteration of what they're going for; they probably should have just changed the gold to yellow (or mustard to gold) and called it good. It would have been.

mastercard_logo_evolution.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Are we still in the era where we go back to classic logos? If so, I think the 1979 version is the best iteration of what they're going for; they probably should have just changed the gold to yellow (or mustard to gold) and called it good. It would have been.

mastercard_logo_evolution.png

Completely agree. That is a lovely font.

11 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

In this case, I really like the lower-case "m".  The loops echo the circles in the logo where the harder corners of an upper-case "M".   Unless they made a special font in which the upper-case M looks like a lower-case one, which would have invited the same criticism you just made.   So they made the right call. 

mastercard_cards.jpg

I don't like the grayscale "World Elite" card.  The logo really fails when it's a B&W version, IMO.  The specific colors make it unique.  Otherwise that black card's logo just looks like a James Bond opening,

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I disagree with that.  Two overlapping circles (a ven diagram?) in the context of a credit card can only mean Master Card.  Doesn't matter anyway, because cards issued by various banks won't actually look like that.  What will be interesting is how the logo fares with various colored cards, like a gold-colored one, or a Capital One 360 where you can upload your own photo and get a custom card.  Since there's no stroke (and there shouldn't be) the colors could easily blend, and the lettering could get lost.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived