NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

It's cleaner without a red border.

KING2.jpg

I remember being slightly annoyed at the fit of King's jersey when he was playing for the Bullets.  The scoop of the neck was deeper than most (revealing far too much taco meat).  This also had the unfortunate side effect of pushing his jersey # down his torso, to the point that the bottom of the "30" came perilously close to touching his waistband.  

130906095459-bernard-king-defends-domini

9580i3.png

This wasn't a bug in the uni template itself; Mark Alarie's jersey didn't have this problem: 

s435214573511300858_p450_i1_w320.jpeg

Ditto for Hot Plate (in the standard jersey # version):  

490888170ac45_75577b.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

Sorry if this belongs in Concepts but since we're speculating on what Nike will look like, this is from Brian Begley (Twitter: @iambrianbegley )

I'm not a fan of the continuous usage of orange/black but I think the throwback version is the best of this set.

2017-07-20_8-15-40.jpg

That throwback would be beautiful -- hopefully we'll see it as one of the initial eight Classic Edition uniforms.

I like the other uniforms from a design perspective, but can't get behind the color balance, or rather lack thereof. Either keep both the purple and the black, or drop the black altogether....just don't have anything without the purple. Changing the black to purple on the orange and white uniforms would make them more than acceptable, and fixing the collar design would make them very good.

In all honesty, I really preferred the last Bullets set before they dropped the name (that Gugliotta set pictured above). The 70's-80's striped sets were way too gaudy and corny for my taste (and for the same reason, I really don't like the Wizards current set at all).

Sometimes simple is much better. Not in every case, but sometimes. The Bullets were one of them.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Although it is very early to judge, but so far, this move to Nike is..different. I assumed it was going to be a huge trend upwards, and it still may be...but at this point..it's just odd. 

We shall see, I also don't want teams to lose their identities with more uniforms. I know it's been the trend the last few years already.

I'm hopeful about it all. I think the community uniforms have some great potential to move beyond the boring Rip City or Motor City alternates that we've seen recently and into things that are truly unique to each franchise. I'd love to see Detroit, for example, have a community uniform based on the Bad Boys identity.

Vintage_Deadstock_Detroit_Bad_Boys_Shirt

14 minutes ago, msu said:

I'm hopeful about it all. I think the community uniforms have some great potential to move beyond the boring Rip City or Motor City alternates that we've seen recently and into things that are truly unique to each franchise. I'd love to see Detroit, for example, have a community uniform based on the Bad Boys identity.

Uh, the Rip City monicker is absolutely unique to the Blazers' franchise and Portland community...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

This looks like a jacket to me. The swoosh is on the chest and the NBA logo is on the right sleeve.

Could also be a folded jersey though. With the seam beeing part of the new backshoulder.

I believe this image was leaked earlier this year.

nike-76ers-philadelphia-jersey

SOURCE

14 minutes ago, PepMan33Conde said:

SOURCE

Those were just prototypes/mockups. The final designs could very well end up looking very different, although I'd be surprised (and certainly disappointed) if that were the case.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, keynote said:

I remember being slightly annoyed at the fit of King's jersey when he was playing for the Bullets.  The scoop of the neck was deeper than most (revealing far too much taco meat).  This also had the unfortunate side effect of pushing his jersey # down his torso, to the point that the bottom of the "30" came perilously close to touching his waistband.  

130906095459-bernard-king-defends-domini

9580i3.png

This wasn't a bug in the uni template itself; Mark Alarie's jersey didn't have this problem: 

s435214573511300858_p450_i1_w320.jpeg

Ditto for Hot Plate (in the standard jersey # version):  

490888170ac45_75577b.jpg

A little OT but it seems like every pack of cards I got in that era had a Alarie which was worth a fraction of a penny. I look at my Beckett and they don't even have Alarie prices.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

If this is how the back of every NIKE NBA jersey will look like, I will be very disappointed. Good on them for trying to be different, but this is too much. When I first saw these, I initially thought the jersey was not fully loading. Nope it's NIKE makin' radical moves.

fmCfoBp.png

I'd also like to share y'all other pics I snapped from the Sacramento Kings' official app.

I don't even understand what is happening.There's a shadow, like the top part folds into the bottom. What?

6 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

SOURCE

Literally the first post of this thread.

But seriously, if it's not a jacket, then I can see it being a photo of the shorts folded.

On 7/18/2017 at 2:45 PM, kutztown said:

Thanks guys.  Not sure if anyone caught this a few weeks back, but looks like a Sixers employee floated this out there.  Hopefully they've added some shadows to the numbers.  Always preferred the two-color combo for the Sixers as opposed to one solid color. 

DEQWLh2V0AAA3a7.jpg

Was posted on page 94 regarding the 76ers uniform

shado_logo.gif

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Uh, the Rip City monicker is absolutely unique to the Blazers' franchise and Portland community...

Right, but is a name developed by the team marketing department, or I'd it a nickname honestly earned and conferred onto the city or team by the fans and/or local media?  The Motor City is definitely the later.  I got the sense that Buzz City is the former.  I don't know either way about Rip City. 

18 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

A little OT but it seems like every pack of cards I got in that era had a Alarie which was worth a fraction of a penny. I look at my Beckett and they don't even have Alarie prices.

Oh man NBA Hoops now that card set was the s.  

12 minutes ago, keynote said:

Right, but is a name developed by the team marketing department, or I'd it a nickname honestly earned and conferred onto the city or team by the fans and/or local media?  The Motor City is definitely the later.  I got the sense that Buzz City is the former.  I don't know either way about Rip City. 

This might give you a better idea:

https://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/26/how-nbas-portland-trail-blazers-became-known-rip-city

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

27 minutes ago, keynote said:

I know we covered this at length a while back but here it is again: Rip City was a saying created by their long-time play-by-play announcer that the franchise and fans latched onto and which has remained core to the team and city's identity.

Just now, Old School Fool said:

They don't have anything classic to wear.

That's what I thought, but a bunch of little Russell Westbrook fanboys tried to tell me they were wearing Sonics throwbacks and I told them they were wrong.

Archived