NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Could this be a new primary logo for the Clippers on the blue shirt?

iOPJezi.jpg

Oof, I hope not.  I appreciate them leaning into the nautical theme, but there's no need to have the word mark *and* the secondary logo *and* the anchor/rope/captain's wheel in the primary.  

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Could this be a new primary logo for the Clippers on the blue shirt?

iOPJezi.jpg

Hope not. They really should play up the LA part of their identity, not any nautical theme that resonates more with their old home in San Diego. 

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Hope not. They really should play up the LA part of their identity, not any nautical theme that resonates more with their old home in San Diego. 

I would find a nautical theme to be just fine for Los Angeles.  In fact, for a city that will claim Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, Rams, Chargers, Galaxy, and Sparks, Clippers might have more to do with LA than any other team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

After Kentavious Caldwell-Pope posted an Instagram video of his latest workout, I noticed that his shorts looked like they were from an older Lakers uniform set. The shorts he wears in the video seem to be the ones that the Lakers wore in the '80s and '90s. It's plausible that the team had some extras lying around their soon-to-be-former practice facility since the Lakers wore these throwbacks three times last season, but when you take into account the Nuggets throwback that Paul Millsap held up at his introductory press conference, I think it is also possible that we are seeing the consequences of certain teams revisiting memorable design elements.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope shorts.png

Do we know for sure who the teams are that are wearing the classics (or whatever they're terming the throwbacks)? I'm wondering now if the Nuggets' use of the throwbacks in the Millsap conference were a hint that they were one of them. I seem to recall someone saying Denver wasn't changing anything with thier primary set, so an alternate would still be a possibility.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Man if Nike was going to just copy the Broncos font for the Wolves numbers they should have just copied it, the 3 on that shirsey, which matches a Jimmy Butler shirt from a few weeks ago, is an awful modification of the Broncos 

59 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Do we know for sure who the teams are that are wearing the classics (or whatever they're terming the throwbacks)? I'm wondering now if the Nuggets' use of the throwbacks in the Millsap conference were a hint that they were one of them. I seem to recall someone saying Denver wasn't changing anything with thier primary set, so an alternate would still be a possibility.

I believe Conrad noted the Nuggets will not be wearing throwbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

My hope is Cavs in the 90s style.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

So based on those leaked purple phoenix jerseys, and those fanatics shirts, i have a feeling the new home jerseys will look something like this:

5972d6e929f63_ScreenShot2017-07-21at9_33_39PM.thumb.png.086779b57cb0c071646f05800ce0697f.png

and that's just.. really bland and a downgrade in my opinion. Yeah, purple is back, but at what cost.

not terribly exciting, but I think they botched the streaking Sun anyway. I wondered what younger people not familiar with the set they alluded to thought the streaks were. I guess it's still in the logo, but still, looked odd without the sun.

4 minutes ago, KillWIll said:

So based on those leaked purple phoenix jerseys, and those fanatics shirts, i have a feeling the new home jerseys will look something like this:

5972d6e929f63_ScreenShot2017-07-21at9_33_39PM.thumb.png.086779b57cb0c071646f05800ce0697f.png

and that's just.. really bland and a downgrade in my opinion. Yeah, purple is back, but at what cost.

Might wanna remove that gold championship tab;)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Since I don't have a twitter account and don't want to make one just to see the results, how are the fans voting for the Hawks uniform? "Granite Grey" (aka black), "Torch Red", or "Traditional White"? I'm working on a chart for my predictions of those.

Also, Chris commented that "they should wear Volt Green because they could wear it for every game and it wouldn't clash with anyone", and they responded with the thinking emoji and tagging Nike in it. DONT GOVE THEM ANY IDEAS, PLEASE!!!!)

ExJworW.png

40 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Since I don't have a twitter account and don't want to make one just to see the results, how are the fans voting for the Hawks uniform? "Granite Grey" (aka black), "Torch Red", or "Traditional White"? I'm working on a chart for my predictions of those.

Also, Chris commented that "they should wear Volt Green because they could wear it for every game and it wouldn't clash with anyone",

and they responded with the thinking emoji and tagging Nike in it. DONT GOVE THEM ANY IDEAS, PLEASE!!!!)

Red was winning the poll when I voted on it. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Literally two pages back in this thread. If you can't bother to read, don't bother to post.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 hours ago, KillWIll said:

All they had to do was replace the black with purple on the set they had and it would have been fine.

1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

All they had to do was replace the black with purple on the set they had and it would have been fine.

Maybe they'll hit a home run with the shorts and save it? (Cue canned audience laughter)

Archived