2016 NFL Playoffs

JWhiz96

I spent several years confusing Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford, not just because they have similarly generic names, but also because they both spent so long being underwhelming first-overall draft picks in the Midwest.

It's weird that it took Calvin Johnson retiring for Stafford to get his due as being a pretty good QB. It's unfortunate that it's likely too late for him to break through into the Roethlisberger/Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Wilson echelon. At a certain point, you've either got it or your don't. Maybe there's a Brad Johnson-esque second act waiting for him in, say, Houston or Denver. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I spent several years confusing Matt Stafford and Sam Bradford, not just because they have similarly generic names, but also because they both spent so long being underwhelming first-overall draft picks in the Midwest.

It's weird that it took Calvin Johnson retiring for Stafford to get his due as being a pretty good QB. It's unfortunate that it's likely too late for him to break through into the Roethlisberger/Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Wilson echelon. At a certain point, you've either got it or your don't. Maybe there's a Brad Johnson-esque second act waiting for him in, say, Houston or Denver. 

i don't feel that is correct though, he has always been a top 5 qb when he doesn't get injured. He currently has the 3rd most yards in any season and has always been in the upper tier in terms of stats. it just hasn't been until recently that he has had a team than can get to the playoffs with regularity.

Well, the Dolphins season has officially come to an end... but I don't feel too down about it. They really overachieved this season... with a 10-6 record, a Wild Card birth, that's more than I could've asked for. And to think, the amount of injuries they've dealt with from season's beginning to end, it was something I didn't think they would overcome so easily. Next season's schedule looks more difficult, but if Miami is fully healthy, and fixes their defense, I think going 10-6 again is possible. Their future is bright and to be quite honest, I'm actually excited for next season (which is a first).

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Again, he's only 28. Stafford has been very good since the midway point last season, so let's say he started his prime at 27. Drew Brees didn't start playing with the Saints until he was 27.  I wouldn't have called Brees elite until he moved to New Orleans, so Stafford definitely still has time to make that jump to elite, IMO.

It's definitely confusing though, because it feels like he's been in the league forever. But arm talent fades a lot less quickly than mobility. I think it's safe to say that Stafford has at least 7 more years of prime football left in him (provided he continues to stay healthy)... BTW, he's currently 11th in NFL History for consecutive starts at almost 100.

Glad to win this game and avenge our ugly regular season loss to the 'Phins. I am concerned about the upcoming matchup and Ben's health, but he does seem to be a bit of a drama queen so I think he'll be good to go. The Chiefs do concern me though, especially at Arrowhead, where we've never won a playoff game.

NSFCvyu.png

God I hate Aaron Rodgers. 

I hate his family.  I hate his face.  I hate his life.  I hope everything awful in the world happens to him and him alone.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

@CS85 We share that solidarity, my friend.

For those of you who don't know what it feels like to be a fan of a non-Packers team in the NFC North, just imagine if the Patriots replace Tom Brady with an even better quarterback when he finally retires.

1 hour ago, GFB said:

I don't think I've ever hated how good a player is as much as I hate Aaron Rodgers. It's not fair. 

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

God I hate Aaron Rodgers. 

I hate his family.  I hate his face.  I hate his life.  I hope everything awful in the world happens to him and him alone.

This was me with John Elway back in the 80's. With that, it's probably best that this Packers fan heads for the exit. 

BB52Big.jpg

13 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

This was me with John Elway back in the 80's. With that, it's probably best that this Packers fan heads for the exit. 

That's kind of surprising, seeing as the Packers and Broncos barely met in that time period. Although I would understand if you hate Elway for Super Bowl XXXII.

Wild Card weekend was exceptionally crappy this year. While I'm happy for my team, if I am to look at it from an objective perspective, every game sucked. The best one was the Packers/Giants, and even then that game is probably gonna end in a 2-3 possession victory for Green Bay.

NSFCvyu.png

Green Bay's just exploded in what feels like mere seconds. It didn't seem that long ago that New York looked like the better team today. Blink, and it's a much different story.

Should the Packers stay on top and get the W (which is looking extremely likely), they may make the game in Dallas pretty interesting next week.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Green Bay's just exploded in what feels like mere seconds. It didn't seem that long ago that New York looked like the better team today. Blink, and it's a much different story.

Should the Packers stay on top and get the W (which is looking extremely likely), they may make the game in Dallas pretty interesting next week.

I fully expect GB to win next week. This is a much better GB team than the one Dallas played earlier in the season. I have them being the representative of the NFC in the Super Bowl.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived