Sign in to follow this  
BlazerBlaze

Atlanta Hawks Nike Jerseys

Recommended Posts

I hope they keep the red jersey, best of the bunch by far. It also looks good with the black shorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated these when they came out. HATED them. But they actually grew on me throughout the season and now with these changes, dare I say, I...like...them..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta might have the worst sponsor patch so far. Boxy patches tend to look the least appealing, especially when they're not recolored to match the team's identity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, miltonANDlumbergh said:

So glad the white jersey was changed. The volt numerals were such a big pet peeve of mine. 

 

They're halfway there.  Now they just need to change the script to "HAWKS" and the white set would be passable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I hated these when they came out. HATED them. But they actually grew on me throughout the season and now with these changes, dare I say, I...like...them..?

 

I dig them, but the problem is that I don't see them aging well beyond ten years. Volt is not exactly a historically used color; it's trendy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

I dig them, but the problem is that I don't see them aging well beyond ten years. Volt is not exactly a historically used color; it's trendy.

This is my exact thought. I never had an issue with the look of these uniforms, but I think it's foolish for a team to build its brand around a color that's almost certain to become outdated.

 

Then again, they probably said the same thing about the San Jose Sharks 25 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big basketball fan but I'm a local Atlanta guy. The classic Hawks look was always red, yellow, and white...maybe a little black mixed in. I hated the navy and red era. It felt so foreign. This new design is better, but not all the way there. The colors are oh, so close. It's just that damn volt. And I'd like to see an emphasis on white trim. I like the feather pattern and the fonts are ok. Swap volt for yellow and throw in some white and they'd be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it has been mentioned here, but the BIGGEST issue with the Hawks' Adidas uniforms was that there were two different "volt" materials used on the jerseys. 

 

Through T.V. lenses, the black jerseys were an eyesore because the stitched names on the back of the jerseys pretty much glowed bright green, while the material on the numerals and trim was more of a flatter, volt color. The material in person looked the same color, but there was something about TV that distorted the two. Because of the nature of photography it's impossible to find a photo example, but boy did it drive me crazy last year. Hopefully that will be fixed with these new materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO the Hawks are a few (admittedly major) changes away from something they could use forever.   They have a fantastic logo set and the triangle pattern on the uniforms is a really unique feature that I personally quite enjoy.

 

Swap the volt for yellow, and make the red uniform (with Atlanta instead of ATL on the front) the primary dark uniform and I think they're set for years to come.  The gray uniform is good and could stick around as an alternate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, radchad said:

IMO the Hawks are a few changes (admittedly major) away from something they could use forever.   They have a fantastic logo set and the triangle pattern on the uniforms is a really unique feature.

 

Swap the volt for yellow, and make the red jersey (with Atlanta instead of ATL on the front) the primary dark jersey and I think they're set for years to come.  The gray jersey is an acceptable alternate.

 

Honestly, I'm waiting for them to go back to something that resembles the Jason Terry era set. I know they didn't make the playoffs in the 8 seasons they sported this look, but it was pretty solid. Replace the side panel logo with the Pac and apply the sublimated Triforce pattern from the current set and I think you'd have a nice look.

 

3039218.thumb.jpg.29ee2193e022c57f4b79ef29ad4353a1.jpg3237395.thumb.jpg.ace9dbd98e0e800106472011138aa5ae.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't like how Nike made the shoulder loops with a different fabric, thus the triangle design doesn't go all the way around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I really don't like how Nike made the shoulder loops with a different fabric, thus the triangle design doesn't go all the way around. 

The shoulder loops really irritate me and not just on the Hawks set. They give the appearance of the old cheap replicas that had a ribnit shoulder trim the same color of the jersey, when they authentic jersey had no trim at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This is my exact thought. I never had an issue with the look of these uniforms, but I think it's foolish for a team to build its brand around a color that's almost certain to become outdated.

 

Then again, they probably said the same thing about the San Jose Sharks 25 years ago. 

I don't really think colors can become outdated. And if anything, here's a great chance for the Hawks to "own" a color no one else in the league uses. Teal was fashionable in the 90s, but several teams stuck with it and it became part of their identity. The Rockies have maintained purple since their existence and now own that color in baseball.

 

Perhaps the Hawks can do something similar. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have ditched the sublimation. If they would have done that, it would be a great looking uni. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I got out of there when I did.  No way I'd have any sanity being associated with the douche Dr. Oz....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Hawks fan, I really enjoy the volt. It really spiced up and modernized the brand. Sure teams like the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers have classic looks which have remained pretty much the same for decades and stood the test of time. I really dont think thats an Atlanta Hawks thing. I like that they are a team not too tied in heritage where they'd be stuck with a look forever. The NBA needs teams to be bold like that. Give the sport a fresh design perspective. Somebody has to do it! Even the teams who are supposed to be whimsical in branding are pretty tame now: Raptors, Magic, even the Wizards lost their creative, mystic edge in design and are very generic DC. Not saying that I dont like those sets. I just feel like there should be a safe space for trying something new in the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The details have not been consistent on the jerseys seen so far. In addition to the red/volt nike swoosh swaps, we've seen a chevron effect from the muti-tonal sublimated triangles sometimes but not all the time. It's most clear on the anthracite jerseys. 

 

Volt swoosh, chevron effect (means the least since not actual picture):

IMG_3559.JPG.da49d742c9fefe1cbd19a1e658011f44.JPG

 

Volt swoosh, no chevron effect:

IMG_3561.thumb.JPG.0fec679828cd4359f3c086dab71c057f.JPG

 

Red swoosh, chevron effect:

IMG_3562.JPG.057032890b135b1dbce4de33571717f1.JPGIMG_3560.JPG.463a3283bc51985e0fc27dc126483dcc.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mike2sana said:

As a Hawks fan, I really enjoy the volt. It really spiced up and modernized the brand. Sure teams like the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers have classic looks which have remained pretty much the same for decades and stood the test of time. I really dont think thats an Atlanta Hawks thing. I like that they are a team not too tied in heritage where they'd be stuck with a look forever. The NBA needs teams to be bold like that. Give the sport a fresh design perspective. Somebody has to do it! Even the teams who are supposed to be whimsical in branding are pretty tame now: Raptors, Magic, even the Wizards lost their creative, mystic edge in design and are very generic DC. Not saying that I dont like those sets. I just feel like there should be a safe space for trying something new in the NBA.

I can't like this post enough. There should always be room for teams to experiment and push the envelope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this