XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

So is Seattle's official primary color blue or green? I honestly don't know. Their logo is primarily green, with little blue. But their home uniforms are blue. And the score bug on Fox shows blue as the primary color, but last week's ESPN bug showed green. The stadium is dressed mainly in orange and their away uniforms features pretty much no blue.

So which is it?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Anyway, I will mention again something which I have said before, but which is even more obvious with the Guardians' use of the grey jerseys today:

The Guardians' helmet logo should be the one that is on their shoulder. And the helmet should be grey.

imagined-guardians-helmet.png

That oversized logo does not work. It really doesn't look like anything.

To each their own of course, but the helmet logo reads just fine to me and I have no problems with it. I can see the lion’s face clearly, and I think the treatment of the logo is really cool and dynamic. To be honest, it’s my favorite helmet in the league. 

Speaking of helmets, IMO Seattle and St. Louis are oh so close to perfection (speaking strictly helmets, not uniforms). If Seattle removed the tapered stripe and St. Louis removed the sword stripe, it would clean both helmets up nicely and perfect them in my book. So, so close.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

So is Seattle's official primary color blue or green? I honestly don't know. Their logo is primarily green, with little blue. But their home uniforms are blue. And the score bug on Fox shows blue as the primary color, but last week's ESPN bug showed green. The stadium is dressed mainly in orange and their away uniforms features pretty much no blue.

So which is it?

Precisely.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Check out #74. I thought something was off about the video, but it seems like the 7 lost the black part of the number

I think they should experiment with a two different coloured numbers when there is a double digit number. 

I saw, I came, I left.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:52 PM, DNAsports said:

Have we really gone this far without realizing Defenders and Guardians are pretty much the same thing? Not saying I hate the names. I love them, but for a community like us I figured it would’ve been pointed out a hell of a lot sooner.

New York is Marvel and the other is, naturally, DC. 

Joking aside, it’s actually not all that uncommon across major sports to have multiple teams with similar or connected names. A wild male horse less than four years old is both a colt and a bronco (kind of like Peyton Manning). Wizards use magic. Raiders aren’t always pirates like buccaneers, but they’re presented that way. And that’s not even getting into the fact that some names are used across multiple professional leagues (Kings, Rangers, Jets, Cardinals, Giants and Panthers) or even in the same college conference (the SEC has three Tigers and two Bulldogs, for example). 

• Like 2

First, the NFL has so many teams there's bound to be some overlap.  Then there was the NFL/AFL who were separate leagues but then merged.  There's no excuse for team names like these in a new 8 team league.  I get they wanted the names to have somewhat local meanings, but they could have put more thought in.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I made a big long post about that before.

My favorite is that the NFL added the Panthers and Jaguars in the same season, considering they are literally the same animal. A black panther is just a jaguar that is essentially only spots.

I’m more annoyed with a basic name like the Wildcats in a league that also has the Battlehawks, Roughnecks, Renegades, Defenders and Guardians (and two a lesser extent the Dragons and Vipers) than I am that two of them have the same meanings. The presentation (logos and colors) makes them different enough for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

I made a big long post about that before.

My favorite is that the NFL added the Panthers and Jaguars in the same season, considering they are literally the same animal. A black panther is just a jaguar that is essentially only spots.

leopard

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

So which is it?

I dont think it really matters in today's marketing scheme, as long one of those colors is the base, no matter which one is the primary. For instance you see a lot of orange used as a base color on apparel, novelities, etc., of the Chicago Bears when you know Navy is their primary color.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Check out #74. I thought something was off about the video, but it seems like the 7 lost the black part of the number

I can’t imagine how many pages of posts there’d be if Nike manufactured these uniforms and this happened. 

• Like 5