XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

Best uniforms overall: Defenders and Guardians
Best helmet: BattleHawks
Worst uniforms overall: Dragons and Wildcats

Worst helmet: Wildcats

Also underwhelmed by the Vipers, but they don't class out as the worst on anything for me. 

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

45 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The only thing that I don’t like about Seattle is the choice of a blue home uniform instead of green.

I’ve long thought that a Green/Orange color scheme fits a team named the Dragons almost perfectly.

Swap out the Navy for green at home (and maybe use White or orange pants at home), and Seattle would be set.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

I’ve long thought that a Green/Orange color scheme fits a team named the Dragons almost perfectly.

Swap out the Navy for green at home (and maybe use White or orange pants at home), and Seattle would be set.

The green/orange is a great combo... for a team in Florida, not Seattle.

You have to look long and hard to find the color orange here but every shade of green and blue seems to exist. I get that you need fire for dragons but that just makes me go back to the thought that the mascot and color doesn't fit the region at all. Bad choice. 

In addition, the dragon itself it too cartoonish. A mono-color treatment more like the Guardians did would have helped it look more like a logo/brand.  

Main things I don't like about most of the teams' uniforms are that they have unnecessary side panels and the uniform color choices make it so that many of the elements can't be mix-and-matched.  The only ones that don't seem to have those issues are the Guardians and Defenders.  With St. Louis, I don't really like their helmet and use of both royal and navy blue together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

The only ones that don't seem to have those issues are the Guardians and Defenders.

No coincidence that those are the best in the league...just saying.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

- Vipers green on green on yellow. Out there looking like a 1970's kitchen. My grandmother had a refrigerator that was that exact shade of green. The white road uni isn't so bad, I'm still not mentally prepared to see the all green home unis. They might be so hideous they actually come out the other side and look good. I agree the snake head logo should've been on the helmets.

- Roughnecks asking the question, "what would it look like if the Patriots had a red alternate jersey?", and the answer, as it turns out, is ehh.

- Seattle Dragons - I love these colors together, but that logo needed a few more passes, thicker lines. It's bringing down what would be a pretty fun set. I even like how it extends to the bottom of the helmet, Michigan Panthers style, but it needs work. Other nitpick, the side stripe terminating at the waist. Should've either left it off or made it squiggly to match the pants stripe. A brighter green would help too. 

- New York Guardians - My favorite helmet in the league. Really striking. Love the simplicity of the uniforms. I think these are my all around favorites. 

- St Louis Battlehawks - I've always been a fan of football helmets that utilize the entire space and treat the helmet not just as a canvas to slap the logo upon the side of, but as it's own accessory to the nickname. The Rams, Vikings, Bengals, Eagles, Seahawks, Chargers, and Birmingham Bolts are good examples of this. The New York Guardians helmet is successful in this way too. They could've just placed the logo on the side, but instead blew it up and gave it a winged helmet. I love it. The uniform below almost doesn't matter when you have that thing on top, but they look nice too. 

- DC Defenders - I have these 2nd behind New York. Really love the simplicity of the red and white, but with the lightning bolts and the all-red adding some extra jazz to the uniform. Don't love the name "Defenders", but they might have my favorite logo in the league. I love how the crossed lightning bolts read as an abstract DC

- LA Wildcats - If it weren't for the Vipers these would be in bottom slot. The name and the logo both feel rushed (Sports didn't need another Wildcats), and I don't like the color hierarchy they've chosen. 

Dallas Renegades - I really like what they've chosen to do with the helmet. It's an inventive take on the usual helmet conventions and I think the thin red stripe sandwiched between the thicker black stripes on top of a light blue helmet with the black facemask is really sharp. The logo is whatever, I like something I did better, but it gets the point across. The uniforms below them are the most "Late Stage Arena Football" nothing uniforms in this league. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

St Louis Battlehawks v Dallas Renegades : News Photo

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I noticed Dallas has Bud Light Seltzer add on the back left of the helmet. I'm guessing we'll see the rest of the league start advertising there as well. Sorry the picture isn't as clear as I'd like it to be. Dallas would have looked better with light blue pants instead of black. As for the helmet logo, there's enough black on it that you don't need to use a light color outline but I think Tampa Bay needs it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm simply disappointed in the lack of color and creativity in the field designs. It's bad enough that it's the XFL logo at midfield, but the endzones are not fully painted, the text is all the same, just with color variations, and the Progressive logo! I suspect that they are being limited in what they can do rather that this being a free choice. 

Say what you will about the AAF, but they had much more colorful field designs. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I'm simply disappointed in the lack of color and creativity in the field designs. It's bad enough that it's the XFL logo at midfield, but the endzones are not fully painted, the text is all the same, just with color variations, and the Progressive logo! I suspect that they are being limited in what they can do rather that this being a free choice. 

Houston and DC are sharing fields with other pro teams, so expecting fully colored end zones just isn't going to happen. Seattle falls in to that group as well and the Guardians are sharing space with two NFL teams who probably have just as much control over that stadium as the Seahawks have over theirs. I'm just glad we didn't see a return to the original XFL end zones which every single team got the exact same treatments. Also, when considering the Million dollar Game, this saves on the costs of cleaning up one end zone and putting the visitors wordmark there. None of the teams in AAF had to share space with a team currently playing during their season. McMahon is paying for the league out of pocket so expecting him to not seek ways to get some of that money back doesn't make sense. That's one thing Ebersol and company didn't seem to understand. Granted most of it was using less than reputable people to provide their original injections of cash that never arrived. 

7 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

The Defenders and Battlehawks are probably my favorite uniforms overall. 

Also, I like that the XFL logos on the uniforms are in the team colors. It makes them blend in more and stand out less.

I looked at the teams that don't use a logo on the neck and wonder if they would be better off to place the XFL logo there. But I think where it is now works. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

At least it's a step up on 2001. But yes. The endzones are a disappointment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

St Louis Battlehawks v Dallas Renegades : News Photo

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I noticed Dallas has Bud Light Seltzer add on the back left of the helmet. I'm guessing we'll see the rest of the league start advertising there as well. Sorry the picture isn't as clear as I'd like it to be. Dallas would have looked better with light blue pants instead of black. As for the helmet logo, there's enough black on it that you don't need to use a light color outline but I think Tampa Bay needs it. 

In the Sports chat for XFL they posted a tweet about that. 

When i first saw a lot of the logos and uniforms early on for the xfl i was pretty split. After watching them live i’ve complied my list for favorite to least favorites 

1. St. Louis Battlehawks

020920_BATTLEHAWKS-RENEGADES-NEIL_0333

2. NY Guardians

McGloin.jpg?w=980&q=75

3. Houston Roughnecks

players%20on%20field.jpg?itok=0bD2O4m5

4. LA Wildcats

02_LA

5. Dallas Renegade

20200209_BattleHawks_Renegades_Hancock_0

6. Seattle Dragons

usa_today_14012850.0.jpg

7. DC Defenders

Defenders-6_c0-0-1500-874_s885x516.jpg?4

8. Tampa Bay Vipers

1203_bn9_tampa-bay-vipers-uniform-reveal

Honestly though I really can’t say i hate any of these. Even Tampa’s I initially hated a lot has kinda grown on me. I don’t think they’re great either but still pretty solid for a start up league

I have seen people say they look like a madden team but i feel any start up football league is inevitable to get that label because it’s just not the nfl which is so iconic and historic anything besides it feels off putting

I also feel they suffer from being ‘too modern and clean’. This goes for a lot of general designs too but now we have established rules and guidelines to make the perfect uniform or flag or logo that sometimes they’re ‘too perfect’ and don’t feel authentic of that makes sense.

Like something about older uniforms’ little flaws really make them like Dallas’ mismatched blues, Green Bay’s giant TV numbers, the raiders somewhat too detailed logo etc. Essentially these uniforms and logos to me feel a bit too clean and lack that grit to it. Regardless i still think they generally look better than the AAF uniforms and logos