XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

40 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Their new logo is clearly a D/R hybrid. It's obvious they're trying to represent Dallas but are handcuffed to be called Arlington for some unknown reason.

The reason is that the city of Arlington wanted the team to be named Arlington in order to allow the XFL to have its headquarters there.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Painful how bad Dallas' Arlington's helmet and jersey mismatch

FpSNP8nakAEFd6G?format=jpg&name=large

Even my wife pointed how badly mismatch the shades are.

Look, it happens…colors don’t always match across mediums.  But this looks like the league used maybe the former Pantone for the helmet paint, rather than, you know, updating it to match UA’s “Light Blue” or whatever they call it.

• Like 2

The Guardians inherited some of the color problems that the old Vipers had with the double greens. Minimal bright green on the jersey, minimal dark green on the pants. It's a rough look. Those pants really need a dark green stripe. Also, those white numbers on the sleeves have the same issue.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Holy downgrade

Game Preview: Orlando Guardians at Houston Roughnecks - Gallery Sportsleft-side-roughnecks-helmet.jpg

Yes.  The original Roughnecks helmet was actually really nice.  Would’ve worked with a Navy facemask too.  This new one is a mess.  Would’ve been better if it was just Navy.

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

The Guardians inherited some of the color problems that the old Vipers had with the double greens. Minimal bright green on the jersey, minimal dark green on the pants. It's a rough look. Those pants really need a dark green stripe. Also, those white numbers on the sleeves have the same issue.

Spot on.  Dark Green fill on the sleeve numbers and Dark Green fill inside the Neon Green pant stripes and this would be a respectable set,  minus the number font and hazard stripe on the helmet.  

Really like the Light Grey in this uniform, though.  Reminds me of a brand design I did for a semi-pro team years ago that used Anthracite, White and Volt.

Houston’s gradient numbers stink, as does the font and gradient pant stripe, but I actually don’t mind the White yoke at all.

A few simple changes per team and this league would look pretty darn good.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The Guardians logo seems so small on the helmet compared to the NY version of 2020.

I like it.  Would rather they have the Guardian “G” but this logo fits nice on this helmet, especially at this size.

The New York logo was obnoxiously oversized:

new-york-guardians-or-orlando-guardians-

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Those Roughneck helmets are distracting. Not a fan.

The more I watch this game, the more I think they would have been perfect if they were all White with the logo on each side.  Would’ve looked like h the Oilers but with Navy instead of Luv Ya, but with a Navy mask, would’ve looked really nice.

• Like 2

Two thoughts on Battlehawks v. Brahmas:

1. BattleHawks gray looks almost pale blue to me. Might have something to do with the indoor lighting. 
2. I don’t hate the Brakhmas helmets as much as I did when they were unveiled. Seeing how the horns connect at the back with a “B” helps.  But it makes me wonder whether the original thought was to put the B in front like the original XFL Birmingham Bolts, and then they realized how the design of modern helmets might make that difficult.

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Two thoughts on Battlehawks v. Brahmas:

1. BattleHawks gray looks almost pale blue to me. Might have something to do with the indoor lighting. 
2. I don’t hate the Brakhmas helmets as much as I did when they were unveiled. Seeing how the horns connect at the back with a “B” helps.  But it makes me wonder whether the original thought was to put the B in front like the original XFL Birmingham Bolts, and then they realized how the design of modern helmets might make that difficult.

It really looks like the uniforms were washed with a little bleach and the blue has bled into the white.

• Like 1