XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

• 4 weeks later...

Seems I missed this during the unveilings, but the Battlehawks have a chrome Gateway Arch stripe down the middle of the helmet. Kinda interesting, although I don't know how I feel about it yet. One thing I will nitpick about though is the mismatched shade of blue on the facemask.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 1/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, SSmith48 said:

Seems I missed this during the unveilings, but the Battlehawks have a chrome Gateway Arch stripe down the middle of the helmet. Kinda interesting, although I don't know how I feel about it yet. One thing I will nitpick about though is the mismatched shade of blue on the facemask.

I saw these pictures over the weekend and as much as I like the idea of that stripe, i don't think it looks good. There's something -- plain -- about it, as if it was the result of an errant paint brush stroke. 

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I saw these pictures over the weekend and as much as I like the idea of that stripe, i don't think it looks good. There's something -- plain -- about it, as if it was the result of an errant paint brush stroke. 

They really needed the lighter silver to make that blue really pop...the dark gray just dingies things up a bit much.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/28/2023 at 4:42 PM, SSmith48 said:

Got to say I am not a fan compared with 2020.  What happened to the use of dark navy along with the brighter blue?  Now they just have the bright blue with a dark grey and a bright grey.  Not liking that combo and the wings feel like a downgrade too.  Guess this old curmudgeon is just gonna have to wait for the USFL in April to find a uni he likes. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Got to say I am not a fan compared with 2020.  What happened to the use of dark navy along with the brighter blue?  Now they just have the bright blue with a dark grey and a bright grey.  Not liking that combo and the wings feel like a downgrade too.  Guess this old curmudgeon is just gonna have to wait for the USFL in April to find a uni he likes. 

Exactly my thoughts. This is the biggest uniform downgrade from XFL2020 in my book; the previous iteration was a gorgeous uniform that perfectly utilized its color scheme with some very tasteful striping and an awesome helmet. Super sad to see how watered down this newer set is. All the personality of the previous set got completely sucked out in favor of a boring and lazily-made look.

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

22 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Exactly my thoughts. This is the biggest uniform downgrade from XFL2020 in my book; the previous iteration was a gorgeous uniform that perfectly utilized its color scheme with some very tasteful striping and an awesome helmet. Super sad to see how watered down this newer set is. All the personality of the previous set got completely sucked out in favor of a boring and lazily-made look.

Battlehawks were definitely downgraded.   I think even moreso with the Roughnecks; I know the logo had to change but scrapping the entire uni for a gradient-filled mess is very disappointing and look too much like a Texas ripoff.  Don't even get me started on how they mutilated a very nice Renegades uni  and replaced a nice logo with an out-of-place-looking logo more fit for an energy drink than a football helmet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

Both of which are reminiscent of the Oregon Ducks and Philadelphia Eagles helmets.

Yup.   The  thing is, I would've never gotten "Stallions" out of that helmet design.  Not sure what they were thinking unless it was Pegasus.   LOL

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Yup.   The  thing is, I would've never gotten "Stallions" out of that helmet design.  Not sure what they were thinking unless it was Pegasus.   LOL

I think it was just a case of, "We need to have a different look on each of these helmets, and none of the other nicknames work to fit the idea of wings". The logo was a simple horse's head, so I don't know why they had to go with that idea. I guess they were aware how stupid it would look if the horse had to face towards the rear to not mess up the S.  

Introducing the Salt Lake Stallions - Stadium & Arena Event Services |  University of Utah

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, SSmith48 said:

I think some of them leaked a couple of months ago, shortly after the team unveilings, but I don't recall them being officially revealed as of yet.

I just remember Arlington's secondary being the previous primary logo which should still be on the helmet. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here's a link to a story that leaked them. Some of them are pretty on par, but looks like San Antonio, St. Louis, Vegas, and Orlando might be a bit different. 

A Potential Look at the Secondary Logos for Each XFL Team (xflnewsroom.com)

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

As much as I hate the Vipers logo, the secondary really has me thinking "WTF?"  When the logo was out on TESS many thought it might be related to St Louis, which at least would make sense.  But what was revealed does not tie into either a viper or Vegas.  Truly stumped on that one.

Replacing the Defenders shield was a step back, but at least the Pentagon design ties directly to DC.

Absolutely love the Houston secondary.  Out of the 16 logos (primary and secondary) for the 3.0 version, it's my favorite.

• Like 2