XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

XFL trying waaaaaaaaaaay too hard to stand out and it looks like Under Armour's design team tried to open up the catalog as much as possible here, and neither does the league or the uniforms any favors. 

Makes the USFL's kinda milquetoast and same-y uniforms look  clean in comparison. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

XFL trying waaaaaaaaaaay too hard to stand out and it looks like Under Armour's design team tried to open up the catalog as much as possible here, and neither does the league or the uniforms any favors. 

Makes the USFL's kinda milquetoast and same-y uniforms look  clean in comparison. 

The USFL uniforms are exactly how I imagined them modernized.  Now they recently had a blue and yellow for Memphis Showboats rather that silver and red, but the color change makes sense since the USFL already had too much red in comparison.  

13 minutes ago, Cruhawk7975 said:

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The USFL uniforms are exactly how I imagined them modernized.  Now they recently had a blue and yellow for Memphis Showboats rather that silver and red, but the color change makes sense since the USFL already had too much red in comparison.  

USFL Houston Gamblers Uniform Reveal: First look at jerseys, helmets

Houston's XFL uniforms would have looked better, even with the yokes if that helmet didn't exist. Instead both Houston uniforms look bad, but for different reasons. 

USFL Pittsburgh Maulers Uniform Reveal: First look at jerseys, helmets |  FOX Sports

Had Houston made the sleeves the same as the yoke, would we have liked them a little better? I know these got a lot of hate when they came out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This video tweeted by The Rock yesterday attempts to bring you inside the design process. It shows The Rock and Dany Garcia offering feedback, but their input seems largely superficial. They otherwise just seem otherwise to be awed by what UA created for them. At one point, Garcia calls them the greatest football uniforms ever made. 

Nope, sorry, the Maulers uniforms are great. Houston is the only miss in the USFL.

Anyway every single XFL 3.0 team is worse than their 2.0 counterpart. Incredible. I don't really like any of them but I guess Seattle is the best?

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Total trash from the XFL 3.0

Also lol at Dallas Arlington looking more like the Oilers than Houston. 

Too be fair, they looked like that the last time out too.  The only thing Houston had that could be tied to the Oilers was the silver helmets. 

XFL to NFL Tracker | FOX Sports

Why Vikings fans should root for the XFL's Dallas Renegades

It's still unbelievable that they left these in the past instead of bringing them along for the ride.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

46 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

Nope, sorry, the Maulers uniforms are great. Houston is the only miss in the USFL.

Anyway every single XFL 3.0 team is worse than their 2.0 counterpart. Incredible. I don't really like any of them but I guess Seattle is the best?

I am going to partially agree and partially differ on this. 

I think Pittsburgh is a solid look.  Not the best, but solid.  I miss the use of grey for steel in the older Mauler identity. 

I think Houston has some issues, but could easily be fixed. 

The Breakers, my favorite original USFL Team I see as a miss.  I don't like the helmet logo, which creates a huge navy blue blob on the entire back of the helmet, and not a fan of the wave on the sleeve.  Wave-inspired fine, but I think they went a bit too literal.  

But, I am firmly going to say that at least for me the worst New USFL uniform is still way better than the best new XFL uniform.  But, that is me.  I also hate country music and egg salad.  Other people love them. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This video tweeted by The Rock yesterday attempts to bring you inside the design process. It shows The Rock and Dany Garcia offering feedback, but their input seems largely superficial. They otherwise just seem otherwise to be awed by what UA created for them. At one point, Garcia calls them the greatest football uniforms ever made. 

This confirms what I've thought all along:  this is a vanity project for Dani Garcia & Dwayne Johnson, but moreso for Dani to get her into the public eye.   She's constantly wearing these God-awful attire choices, including that horrific dress on the same day you're meant to put the focus on your league's uniform unveiling.

For her to say these are the greatest uniforms in the history of football just shows what a complete imbecile she is, at least in relation to the sport.  

I wonder what she has on Dwayne from their marriage to keep him loyally supporting her all these years.  He had to spearhead buying a league just so she could assume the title, "First Woman CEO in Pro Sports"....which really isn't true when you create your own company and give yourself the title.  It's not like she worked her way up in sports, business and entertainment to be promoted to CEO of the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL/NCAA etc.  

Dwayne has always been madly in love with himself; it seems these two former lovebirds are cut from the same cloth.

Also, when will the powers that be at UA fire their entire staff and start over?  They haven't done anything right in years in regards to uniforms, and the quality of these, combined with that presentation on those horrific mannequins, should be the final nail in the coffin.  Just brutal execution all the way around.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • WOAH 1

2 hours ago, Volt said:

This confirms what I've thought all along:  this is a vanity project for Dani Garcia & Dwayne Johnson, but moreso for Dani to get her into the public eye.   She's constantly wearing these God-awful attire choices, including that horrific dress on the same day you're meant to put the focus on your league's uniform unveiling.

For her to say these are the greatest uniforms in the history of football just shows what a complete imbecile she is, at least in relation to the sport.  

I wonder what she has on Dwayne from their marriage to keep him loyally supporting her all these years.  He had to spearhead buying a league just so she could assume the title, "First Woman CEO in Pro Sports"....which really isn't true when you create your own company and give yourself the title.  It's not like she worked her way up in sports, business and entertainment to be promoted to CEO of the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL/NCAA etc.  

Dwayne has always been madly in love with himself; it seems these two former lovebirds are cut from the same cloth.

He went for the jugular. Oh my.

The Rock Applause GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

6uXNWAo.png

59 minutes ago, Volt said:

Also, when will the powers that be at UA fire their entire staff and start over?  They haven't done anything right in years in regards to uniforms, and the quality of these, combined with that presentation on those horrific mannequins, should be the final nail in the coffin.  Just brutal execution all the way around.

They have a daughter who works in WWE:

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Too be fair, they looked like that the last time out too.  The only thing Houston had that could be tied to the Oilers was the silver helmets. 

Eh.... between the silver helmets for Houston and the Dallas Renegades' use of black I'd say that the XFL 2.0's Roughnecks were still more evocative of the Oilers.

But these new Renegade uniforms... they don't use any black. And the road whites almost entirely use powder blue and red. It's pretty damn Oilers-y. Whereas the Roughnecks have doubled down on navy and red, gradients, and some helmet atrocity that makes me wanna cry.

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's still unbelievable that they left these in the past instead of bringing them along for the ride.

I'll agree with this though.

The XFL 2.0's uniforms weren't great. They had their problems. The Renegades' black monochrome was one big one. But overall 2.0 looked better than 3.0. There isn't a single uniform set in this new batch that works.

I believe the Houston Roughnecks uniform was a slap in the face to the NFL. After the lawsuit over the Oil Rig logo in 2020, it's like the new league owners said okay, we won't look like the Oilers, but we will be more Texan than the Texans. Considering they are using the same colors as the Texans and what is more Texan than the Texas Flag? Nothing, that is why it is on the helmet. But to slap the NFL even more, they are using the old Houston Oilers colors on the Arlington Renegades away uniform. I don't care for the Houston or Arlington uniforms, but I think it is hilarious that they are making fun of the NFL in plain sight.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

spacer.png

I'm not going to follow the league next year because I already loved and lost with spring football (RIP to the AAF). But that being said.... 2023 looks way better than 2020 aesthetically to me. I feel like the logo updates were overall an improvement (save the Guardians and Arlington which feels more like an alt logo), but the uniforms stand out as better to me. My immediate reaction was the Roughnecks little notches in the shoulder yoke and dismissed the whole set. But looking through here, I found myself saying "oh that's not too bad, maybe even good" to San Antonio, Seattle, DC, and Las Vegas.

I still have issues with the XFL relaunching with the same name but having no continuous identity (like, name Vegas the Outlaws what's stopping you?), but I genuinely feel like we've seen worse in bigger professional leagues

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1