XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 3/7/2023 at 1:48 PM, Volt said:

Seattle could have a nice look if they deleted the Navy shoulder stripes from both jerseys and just had a solid color jersey, and then streamlined the helmet stripe to a straight, standard width.  They could even keep the silly pattern to match the side of their pants.   The number font is no good either.  It should have some Orange on the White jersey, which is entirely devoid of Orange except for the sleeve logos.

In reality, this league is just a bunch of small tweaks to each team's uniforms away from having really respectable look.  Someone give Dwayne my number.

I hate their stripes.  You have this ultra-simple 3rd-grader design logo with very little detail and this highly busy design that the *claim* is supposed to be scales but damn if it looks anything like any scales I've ever seen.  It's just stupid.  Remove the stripes on the helmet and jerseys or make them plain.

You are right...most are just a bunch of small tweeks away.  Honestly, I think their frustrating aesthetics are why I haven't been able to really get into any of these teams:

DC:  I liked the old logo better.  I can live with the new one, but the camo helmet is just done.  I knew at the unveiling that the silver against the white was going to be too close in similarity to stand out on tv.  In most shots, they look like they're wearing just plan white shells.  Maybe 20-30% of  the time the camo can be made out.  But it's just a wasted effort.  What bugs me the most is the Renegades-style line they put in the numerals.  It's distracting and doesn't make sense.  Drop them.

Orlando:  the logo is too small, white numbers on light gray sleeves are nearly invisible.  The helmet color is great but the jerseys under some lighting looks off by several shades and start getting into that ugly green territory.

Renegades:  white sports drink logo on light blue is a bad idea.  The black stripe is too wide.  Home unis are okay but the away set just look so very, very sad...like they belong to a totally different team.  Not sure why the completely ditched black on the aways.   I could maybe grow to accept the sports drink logo if it was switched to black and black was added to the away set.

Roughnecks:  terrible helmet even though I get the idea behind it.  They look too much like the Texans.  Go back to a silver helmet, replace the white shoulders with blue, the blue with red and you have a winner.

Vipers:  they look sharp but the logo is so abstract it looks like nothing. Fix  the logo and you've got a winner set.

Brahams - lose the gradient outlines and go solid color.  Fix the "B" part of the logo as it looks more like an "=" than a "B".

Battlehawks - look standard-issue...downgrade from 2020.   Go back to the blue helmet and do the "wrap" thing again with the wings.  It just looks like an Eagles ripoff as-is.

Seattle - Their simple, no-frills navy practice jerseys looked FAR superior over their normal orange ones.  As said earlier, drop the stupid busy bogus "scale" design and these improve immediately.

• Like 1

I liked the original helmet, current jerseys and either edition's pants. I liked the previous jersey, as well, but the shoulder stripe on the current ones does mimic the arch. Plus I prefer the numbers over the previous condensed ones (that the entire league had, just with different fonts).

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

D.C. has worn both the white jersey and the red jersey with the red pants.

Yes, but that is their set. They have 2 pair of red pants, one with stripes that have only been worn with red jersey, and plain red that have only been worn with white jersey. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

D.C. has worn both the white jersey and the red jersey with the red pants.

Yes, but that is their set. They have 2 pair of red pants, one with stripes that have only been worn with red jersey, and plain red that have only been worn with white jersey. 

Ah!  I didn't catch that.  Good observation.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Roughnecks should be commended for wearing contrasting red socks with their blue pants on the road uniforms. The Texans need to take notes and return to that look. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I haven't paid much attention to the Roughnecks, mostly because those helmets are so godawful. But now that I look closely at the whole set, it feels strange that they chose a path that's essentially Texans cosplaying. 

The 2020 version also featured navy and red, but it really played up the silver and gray, making a clear distinction from the other team in town. (For what it's worth, I didn't like the 2020 uniforms either.)

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

I don't know what it is.  Maybe I just finally got used to the helmet and I've seen so much of Seattle, so I wasn't focused on taking them in.  Somehow I only just now noticed Houston's awful navy pants.  I don't mind the pattern too much elsewhere, but it looks miserable there, just sort of fading away.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

XFL - Official home of the XFL

The Brahmas vs Renegades looked pretty good, even if the QB play was lacking.

I would be shouting from the rooftops how good the Renegades looked if they were just wearing their XFL 2.0 helmets.

We need someone to photoshop the old helmet onto the new uniform.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Though if they want to stick with the R/D/whatever letter logo, I think they could fix the helmet to better fit the overall look of their XFL 3.0 uniforms. Just make the logo black and add the thin red stripe to both the helmet stripe and the logo.

spacer.png

That would be a good logo compromise.  Still think they should get rid of the wide painted Black stripe and return to the previous stripe.

The thin Red line accent as a design feature really is on its way to being a staple element of their brand (jersey numbers, pant stripe).  They just need to go all the way and add it to the shoulder stripe (though I wish they’d redo that part completely) and helmet.

• Like 4