CCSLC Board Technical Issues

On 3/5/2020 at 10:12 PM, packerfan21396 said:

For me, sometimes I come to the boards signed out for no reason, sign in again, get an error, then click on the header, and I'm signed in again.

This keeps happening to me but only on desktop. On mobile it doesn't happen.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if people know this, and maybe it's because I'm spending so much time at home using Outlook, but you can Ctrl+Enter to "Submit Reply" instead of mousing over and clicking the button.

Wow!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't know if people know this, and maybe it's because I'm spending so much time at home using Outlook, but you can Ctrl+Enter to "Submit Reply" instead of mousing over and clicking the button.

Wow!

check-core-temperrturer-check-coretemper

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

I left a comment on the Bucs' thread, but it seems to've been eaten? It doesn't show up in the thread (it's supposed to be the final comment on page 116, but instead the first comment on page 117 is there as well) and clicking on it in my profile just brings me to the top of page 116.

EDIT: Fixed now, thanks

Almost everytime I come to the boards, I get a message from my computer saying something' went wrong while displaying the webpage. This doesn't happen on any other site, nor on the main sportslogos site. What should I do?

Carolina.png.22771a4b97c8e9de77966610259eaaba.png

9 minutes ago, RightGuard said:

Almost everytime I come to the boards, I get a message from my computer saying something' went wrong while displaying the webpage. This doesn't happen on any other site, nor on the main sportslogos site. What should I do?

I get that too, but only occasionally and not every time. I just refresh and it's back to normal.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

47 minutes ago, RightGuard said:

Is it one of the 'Aw, snap!' messages from Google Chrome? I was getting those consistently the other day, but I cleared my cache and that seemed to fix it.

I've been getting the Chrome "aw snap" message a lot lately with this site.  I updated chrome and cleared cache, and it's still occurring.  Started yesterday evening.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Is it one of the 'Aw, snap!' messages from Google Chrome? I was getting those consistently the other day, but I cleared my cache and that seemed to fix it.

Yeah, that's what's been happening. It hasn't been going on ever since I turned off AdBlock for the forums.

Carolina.png.22771a4b97c8e9de77966610259eaaba.png

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm getting periodic logout again.

Yeah that started happening again too.

9 hours ago, NeauXone said:

Is the site shifting up and down for anyone else? Anytime I look at a thread and stop scrolling, the screen starts shifting up and down for about 15 seconds.

Yes.  I think sometimes the ad at the top of the screen changes between really big ones and smaller ones, and makes the screen jump a lot.

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the wrong thing because the screen jumped right as I was about to click.  It's that way on mobile too.

• Like 2

On the "mothership" logos site, one of the more interesting/entertaining parts is the comments section for each logo, which for years has been "powered by Disqus."  For several months, I have encountered an issue of those comments being hidden, replaced with "blog comments powered by Disqus."  Up until today, I had found the workaround had been to come here to the Forums side, log out, and then to log in again.   This brought the main site's comments section back.  Today, I have tried that repeatedly, but I still only see blog comments powered by Disqus

This is a serious problem regarding return traffic.  Without the comments, things can be pretty static on the main logos side...

Coincidence or not, the "new logos and random logos" section in the lower left, which usually rotates to other logos every few minutes, seems stuck on the same selection.  Yes, I have cleared my cache, with no improvement. 

• Like 1

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

On 4/17/2020 at 7:24 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Yes.  I think sometimes the ad at the top of the screen changes between really big ones and smaller ones, and makes the screen jump a lot.

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the wrong thing because the screen jumped right as I was about to click.  It's that way on mobile too.

Finally realized what you meant. Yup - that's been happening for me for months. each page needs to let the ad load before clicking something, or you (royal you) will click the wrong item.

It's where I sit.

Now I’m getting hijacked by things that say that malware has been put on my phone by adult sites, and I need to install something on my iPhone. It’s clearly a scam. 

I do not have any issues like the ones that I and other people report here on absolutely any other site I visit. None. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.