International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

I skipped watching the final only because I knew this would be the result. Blech! Good on both teams to take advantage of what they do best and make it to the final but I had no faith in Spurs stopping Liverpool. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Fenway and the Garden plays YNWA after wins? Never knew that. 

I'm talking about Dirty Water from The Standells.

Unless my brain automatically pipes that sound into my head, I couldn't be any more certain that you hear that after Liverpool victories. And if that's been something at Anfield since before FSG took over, then that's just the most bizarre coincidence I can think of.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I skipped watching the final only because I knew this would be the result. Blech! Good on both teams to take advantage of what they do best and make it to the final but I had no faith in Spurs stopping Liverpool. 

Still feel the early penalty was...questionable. Set a poor tone early on. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm talking about Dirty Water from The Standells.

Unless my brain automatically pipes that sound into my head, I couldn't be any more certain that you hear that after Liverpool victories. And if that's been something at Anfield since before FSG took over, then that's just the most bizarre coincidence I can think of.

Reveal hidden contents

The Dirty Water thing is super weird and forced. Other than that FSG has smartly played up the Boston links; Liverpool was sort of Boston’s EPL club even before that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-primera-division/story/3874014/la-liga-to-appeal-250k-fine-over-spy-row

I think Iheard this previously, but La Liga has been fined for spying on people through their La Liga mobile apps:

"The fine was levied because, when active, the app accesses the microphone and the geolocation of its users with the aim of detecting TV signals in bars and venues which are illegally showing La Liga games. La Liga have said that at no time have they "recorded, stored or listened to any conversations" of their users."

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/06/the-48-team-champions-league-proposal-in-the-works-to-combat-uefas-ridiculous-plans/

UEFA may consider expanding the current Champions League group stage to 48 teams instead of closing it off from the smaller leagues. Both plans are stupid. 

Ah, yes, immediately after Ajax’s miracle run, let’s close them from the Champions League forever.

ExJworW.png

If Peru doesn't get out of their group they have only themselves to blame. They hit the post 3 times in one play, and have continued to just skip past the goal in the last 20 minutes of this match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

VAR is kind of killing Copa America. Turning soccer into football is a terrible, terrible idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

VAR is kind of killing Copa America. Turning soccer into football is a terrible, terrible idea.

VAR works when it's applied for offsides and penalty decisions. Another thing that came into play on 1 June that's been just as big is the handball rules requiring defenders to keep their arms tucked in to their body .

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ESPN+ needs to bump up the crowd in their mix. The atmosphere is so dull for these matches.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

ESPN+ needs to bump up the crowd in their mix. The atmosphere is so dull for these matches.

I'm watching on Telemundo. It's probably a little louder but they only seem to turn it up when there's a big play.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm watching on Telemundo. It's probably a little louder but they only seem to turn it up when there's a big play. 

Are they in a dome? Everything about the presentation is really dull.

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Are they in a dome? Everything about the presentation is really dull.

No. The game is in Bela Horizonte.

wy2vKTd.jpg

The lower bowl doesn't look full and their first game there only had 13K for Ecuador/Uruguay

Huh. It looked like trash on TV.

Watching Messi play for Argentina is so depressing. He had those three brutal Finals losses in a row and it just feels so dispiriting to watch him play for the national team. Everyone is waiting for him to be brilliant, and he is, but the wins don't come.

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Huh. It looked like trash on TV.

Watching Messi play for Argentina is so depressing. He had those three brutal Finals losses in a row and it just feels so dispiriting to watch him play for the national team. Everyone is waiting for him to be brilliant, and he is, but the wins don't come.

The whole tournament hasn't had a sellout.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/06/18/5d090fe1268e3e83658b4601.html

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

It's being played 3 years in a row, and next year it's being split between Argentina and Colombia. Expect more of the same next year. Australia is coming in next year, Mexico will probably be number 12.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived